Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike P

Dallas player gets in accident.

60 posts in this topic

He didn't just get in an accident, he killed one of his teammates. Practice squad member Jerry Brown, LB. He was 25.

Can't stand the Cowboys, but this is a true tragedy & is much bigger than football ... my condolences to the family of the victim, his teammates and the Dallas Cowboys organization. May Mr. Brown rest in peace.

RIP, Brown. Tragic.

Josh Brent spent time in jail for a DUI during his college years. I hope he gets the maximum penalty for this. Unbelievable.

It's Texas. They may fry his arse.

What happens to Brent's roster spot and Browns practice squad spot?

Jerrah the GM got some moves to make.

As much as we can dislike/hate/root against the Cowboy's as a competitor and division opponent, you never want to see guys lose their career and especially not their life. Very unfortunate for the player who died, and for all the examples Goodell tries to set that are over the top, I would probably be on-board with a ban of the player at fault.

I realize Stallworth had a legally intoxicated situation that resulted in a death (and I'm sure most of us are aware that several other factors came into play there), but at this point, players are aware of the "warnings" and the "do's and don't's" of the conduct policy, we're beyond the point of "forgiveness" for stupid sheet.

Especially when all the info came out in past situations that pro athletes are provided with FREE car service to make sure they get home safely if/when they do go out.

HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!

Really dude?

Anyways, my heart goes out to Browns family and friends. People who drink and drive are complete scumbags. There should be a much harsher penalty for it.

I hate Dallas as well because im an Eagles fan for life, However i send my sympathies to the family of the deceased and hope the driver can rehabilitate himself and become a better person later in life when hes free again.

I vote a lifetime ban from NFL. Not because I dislike the Cowboys but because it was a drink and drive sitution.

My heart goes out to the family, but I can't feel sympathy for the driver or the guy that died. Only an idiot would get in the car with a drunk driver.

Can't wait 'till Bob Costas takes issues with the pervasive "car culture" in our country. Friends don't let friends drive them when drunk.

Really dude?

Anyways, my heart goes out to Browns family and friends. People who drink and drive are complete scumbags. There should be a much harsher penalty for it.

Yep.

Really. Dude.

1 person likes this

There should be much stricter penalties for drunk drivers especially when as a NFL player they have no excuse.

Just read the news, sad news at that.

The league needs to add alcohol to the banned substance list. If they're going to ban legal pot, then legal alcohol should be too.

There should be much stricter penalties for drunk drivers especially when as a NFL player they have no excuse.

This is true - the NFLPA has a Safe Rides program available to every player in the league and most NFL teams offer one as well. A simple phone call could have saved a life.

Just read the news, sad news at that.

The league needs to add alcohol to the banned substance list. If they're going to ban legal pot, then legal alcohol should be too.

It's not legal everywhere.

It's not legal everywhere.

It is legal some places now though. They also ban other legal substances.