stang8118

TATE = Huffing glue equivalent for your brain cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

RGIII is not much bigger than Vick, and QB's that use their legs as a big part of their game are much more likely to have major injury issues.

Vick had 1 full season in a 10+ year career, and RGIII won't be any different. Hard to help your team win a Super Bowl when you're on the sidelines.

On a side note Kirk Cousins looked pretty good.

#2 WoofyDog

WoofyDog

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Yea, that one was rough, I think that will probably be the nail in the coffin on this being the predominant type of offense for RG3 starting next year.  I'm a skins fan but I even say to myself those opportunities to get hit, I don't care how great the scheme is, aren't worth it to a potentional 15 year franchise player if you protect him the right way.

#3 pencil face

pencil face

Eagles ZERO SB hahaha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

His knee ouch i would be shock if it wasn't ACL...

Posted Image

#4 Shocker54

Shocker54

Remember My Name

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,858 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

racist

#5 eaglenugget

eaglenugget

Greatness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Was there a flag on that play for late hit? I don't think there should be one but I'm curious

#6 stang8118

stang8118

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

View Posteaglenugget, on 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

Was there a flag on that play for late hit? I don't think there should be one but I'm curious

No idea why RGIII or Vick don't slide feet first. It's almost like they enjoy getting hit by 250+ pound defenders.

#7 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

View Poststang8118, on 09 December 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

No idea why RGIII or Vick don't slide feet first. It's almost like they enjoy getting hit by 250+ pound defenders.

The skins were down late in the 4th. He was trying to convert. No flag.

#8 stang8118

stang8118

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

View PostRedskinsFan01, on 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

The skins were down late in the 4th. He was trying to convert. No flag.

I think it would be much wiser of a career type decision to slide feet first, and actually be able to play the next down.

Nothing good happens when they dive head first. Fumbles, big hits, injuries, etc all happen.

#9 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Interesting, He slid feet first a couple times before. Will he learn his lesson this time?

#10 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Poststang8118, on 09 December 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

RGIII is not much bigger than Vick, and QB's that use their legs as a big part of their game are much more likely to have major injury issues.

Vick had 1 full season in a 10+ year career, and RGIII won't be any different. Hard to help your team win a Super Bowl when you're on the sidelines.

On a side note Kirk Cousins looked pretty good.

But he won.....he is a rookie....he will adapt.....cam newton haven't been injured running....

some of the haters can't wait for something negative to happen to say i told you so.....andrew luck is struggling against bad teams yet people say he is better than rg3.....luck completed 47% today vs titans.....50% qb rating.....tim tebow like numbers........MRI on rg3 came back negative....he will learn from this....he was just trying to make a play for his team .....even when injured he led his team to the red zone to give cousins the chance to tie the game.....wow !

#11 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

But he won.....he is a rookie....he will adapt.....cam newton haven't been injured running....
He didn't finish the game

#12 Excel

Excel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

You can't take his running away, it is what makes him the quarterback that he's been all his career. That's why they took 2 quarterbacks, and that's why Indianapolis took Luck. Good pocket passers are a rare commodity. Griffen looks more injury prone than Randall, and Randall was a heartbreaker.

#13 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

He didn't finish the game

So? it was a team win.....the guy was limping and still setup redskins to score tie the game.

View PostExcel, on 09 December 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

You can't take his running away, it is what makes him the quarterback that he's been all his career. That's why they took 2 quarterbacks, and that's why Indianapolis took Luck. Good pocket passers are a rare commodity. Griffen looks more injury prone than Randall, and Randall was a heartbreaker.

the haters are coming out.....the i told you so haters....how was andrew luck today against mediocre teams? your good pocket passer hahahahaha

#14 stang8118

stang8118

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

So? it was a team win.....the guy was limping and still setup redskins to score tie the game.

the haters are coming out.....the i told you so haters....how was andrew luck today against mediocre teams? your good pocket passer hahahahaha

Yeah and he all but ended any hope at the Redskins making a run at the division. Your starting QB needs to have the ability to play all 16 games if you want a shot at winning a championship.

#15 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Pastory Troy, why are you an Eagles fan if you're such an RG3 nut hugger. Just asking

#16 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Pastory Troy, why are you an Eagles fan if you're such an RG3 nut hugger. Just asking

I am defending the guy against haters like you......you praise one guy who has horrible stats but u are fast to say i told you running qb can't succeed in the nfl....

#17 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

I am defending the guy against haters like you......you praise one guy who has horrible stats but u are fast to say i told you running qb can't succeed in the nfl....
Who am I praising? I don't hate RG3. I think you're confusing me with someone else. RG3 is a rookie and I'm not going to judge him until next season maybe

#18 Excel

Excel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

He's not an Eagles fan. He hangs around to call everyone a racist that prefers not to have any more running quarterbacks.

#19 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Who am I praising? I don't hate RG3. I think you're confusing me with someone else. RG3 is a rookie and I'm not going to judge him until next season maybe

hahaha....what a clown....funny how people like you already conclude andrew luck is gonna be a great player.....yet u wanna judge rg3 until next season ...hahahahahaa

#20 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

hahaha....what a clown....funny how people like you already conclude andrew luck is gonna be a great player.....yet u wanna judge rg3 until next season ...hahahahahaa
Don't be an idiot. Both are rookies. Brady showed that Luck is still a rookie. RG3 finally played a defense worth talking about. RG3 also got hurt doing the same thing Vick has done for his whole career(run and not slide feet first). If RG3 doesn't change it up, defenses will take him out.

#21 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Don't be an idiot. Both are rookies. Brady showed that Luck is still a rookie. RG3 finally played a defense worth talking about. RG3 also got hurt doing the same thing Vick has done for his whole career(run and not slide feet first). If RG3 doesn't change it up, defenses will take him out.

That is why he is a rookie....he will learn from all this.....plz stop judging rg3 through the lenses that you judge vick.....they are different players at this stage in their career....funny how u judge rg3 from what u saw from vick...and u claim luck to be the next great QB with tebow like numbers.....Vick was injured while playing in the pocket lol....big ben too lol....

#22 dutchman063

dutchman063

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Vick part 2

#23 mike030270

mike030270

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,473 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

That is why he is a rookie....he will learn from all this.....plz stop judging rg3 through the lenses that you judge vick.....they are different players at this stage in their career....funny how u judge rg3 from what u saw from vick...and u claim luck to be the next great QB with tebow like numbers.....Vick was injured while playing in the pocket lol....big ben too lol....
Luck could end up next year like Cam this year and suck. RG3 is a running QB and so has a higher chance of getting injured. I'm done with you though since you're such an RG3 nut hugger

#24 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,093 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Interesting, He slid feet first a couple times before. Will he learn his lesson this time?

He slid feet first when he was concussed. Sometimes, they're gonna get hit no matter what

#25 Pastor Troy

Pastor Troy

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

View Postmike030270, on 09 December 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Luck could end up next year like Cam this year and suck. RG3 is a running QB and so has a higher chance of getting injured. I'm done with you though since you're such an RG3 nut hugger

Yea he is a running Qb ...yet he is in the top 5 in QB rating and completion with 18tds 4int....lol....yet your boy luck...has thrown 18tds and 18ints lol.....and his QB rating and completion % are in the gutter....but yet you see him thru the lenses of brady or manning.......RG3 is a rookie....he will adapt....you can't even compare him to vick's rookie season

#26 stang8118

stang8118

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

Yea he is a running Qb ...yet he is in the top 5 in QB rating and completion with 18tds 4int....lol....yet your boy luck...has thrown 18tds and 18ints lol.....and his QB rating and completion % are in the gutter....but yet you see him thru the lenses of brady or manning.......RG3 is a rookie....he will adapt....you can't even compare him to vick's rookie season

RG3 is much better than Vick, but running QB's don't last in the NFL. They get way to banged up, and by the end of the season their production drops because their bodies are beat to hell.

#27 Excel

Excel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 09 December 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

He slid feet first when he was concussed. Sometimes, they're gonna get hit no matter what
Both knockout hits were from running. When was the last time you saw Eli Manning taking crushing blows like Vick, and Griffen? You get those instincts from living in the pocket to avoid hits. Griffen instinctively runs to keep the play alive, Eli throws it away. Like I said 1 million times, Griffen's style will shorten his career. I've seen it for 16 years with Randall, McNabb, and Vick.

#28 JustAnotherEaglesFan

JustAnotherEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Fan Since:yesterday

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostPastor Troy, on 09 December 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

When you have that special ability that makes you dangerous when you run you will always use it (especially if you're trying to make a comeback) when you can. Yea he'll learn to slide but when the games on the line he'll be taking hits like this all the time.

#29 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,993 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Been saying all year they were using him wrong.  It's great when the teams winning but you put the player at risk week in and week out.  But hey it is what it is.  If they keep Shanahan he will ruin him.  It's obvious and again, I have been saying it all year.

#30 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

He's fine. Knee sprain. He will probably be on the field next week because he is a tough ****. He was throwing 20 yard lasers while limping on one leg.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users