Photo

[News] Reid: Foles Rallied The Crew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,490 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Finally for the Eagles, a game ended with hugs on the sidelines. Players and coaches celebrated as a team following the Eagles' thrilling 23-21 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It had been ei...

View the full article

#2 brianfive

brianfive

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

It finally looked like the team was playing with heart! that is something that cannot be coached either u have it or you dont.With that being said yes Andy has made some CRAZY moves the last few years but I think he has seen the mistakes and is working hard to make things right again.The man lost his son and his Oline, Please MR laurie give him a shot at redemption .Andy has allready proved to us all that he is the right coach for this team! Now with that being said,Andy I trust your judgement 100% but I hope we are on the same page when it comes to k coleman and namdi asamough. coleman flat out sucks and namdi has no heart at all, none,0% he has been the worst FA pickup that I can remember!

#3 Bruzer9.5

Bruzer9.5

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Yes sir.

#4 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

These young kids are hungary...they don't like losing . They deserved this win. They all worked hard to earn it. We are seeing the makings of what hopfully will be a very exciting team next year. Congrats to them.
As for Andy, it's not up to me or any fan if he returns ,or not. But if he does as an Eagles fan I will support him, like I have these last 14 yrs. I just hope he gets a difference OC...cause Marty is just way too pass happy.

#5 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Foles stole this game from the Bucs. He made plays and was cool under pressure, he has definitely earned the right to be given the chance to compete for the starter's job next year.

#6 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

We are all elated with the win. It was needed so bad it felt like a playoff win. And the way that is was won, wow, that made it even better.
I've been a fan a tremendously long time.
Inhave a few observations i'd like to express.

One: Vick, although gutsy, exciting and tough has been done for over a year. The turnovers (mostly the fumbles) are his Achilles heel.
He's been in the pros for numerous years and the fact that he walked around the stadium with the ball under his arm, and the players tried to knock it out...that to me was high school.

Foles, his play in the pre-season is showing up now I believe he is our future quarterback for many years.

DRC: Hell of a player when he wants to play. Key word...WANTS!

Nambi...i don't know. I don't think he is worth the money.

Andy. I know there are many fans yelling for his head, but i think he should have one more year.
First, he has had a tragic year. This has to effect anybody. Second, i believe he is finally getting his head cleared and understands what has to be done.
I never took to Washburn's methods and i believe Andy had no choice to his hiring.
Firing him was a HUGE move.
Injuries...man...they were unbelievable. I think any coach would have had a hard time running a winning team.
Now, although late, the team is finally jellin, because Andy is taking charge, which he should have done a while ago.

Recommendations: Get rid of MM and bring back Juan as OC.

Just my tow cents...

#7 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Oh, i forgot one more thing.
Celek: To me, one of the best personnel to have on a team. When he errs, he really takes it to heart.
Not the greatest player, but definitly not the worst.
I believe he can be the catalyst that motivates this team. to me that is true value.

#8 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Two cents, not tow cents. See previous post!

#9 cino

cino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Foles really seems like a SMART QB which is a plus. he's more of a 'classic' QB. hopefully he continues to grow.
the muff on the punt put the bucs back in the game with an easy TD. but it helped show us something in Foles. before that 4th qtr. and those perfect last couple passes, he wasn't shining. a road win against that 'ok' team IS a big win. it's pretty much only a moral victory, but... and tho Ried prob. SHOULD be replaced, esp. MM'wig! i agree, he's had a TOUGH year personally. he needs to take one of his hat's off... he can't do 2-3 jobs. it's caught up w/him. NOW, beat the Bengals to help the Steelers!

#10 ironbear73

ironbear73

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

@Cino...Really 32-51 381 2TDs 0 INts 1 rushing TD...Thats not shining? What's our definition? 51-51? There was no running game it was all on him and he was sacked 6 times and didnt get rattled. Give the kid more credit. TB is a better team than just OK. They have hit a skid but they are a tough team.