Photo

[News] Allen: D-Line Change Made Difference

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,862 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

TAMPA, FL -- Yes, the defensive line was impacted by the change to a more traditional front instead of the proficient use of the Wide-9 technique. However, the decision had a domino effect on the r...

View the full article

#2 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

They still let them score for three times today. I just hope they play much better in the final three games!

#3 60yrfan

60yrfan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Everyone saw the wide 9 formation was killing the Eagles' D, so why did it take AR 12 games to make a change? Or did he not even want to change it now? It is just one more failure in 3 seasons of failures - at least. Head man still has to go!

#4 duckhunter

duckhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I'm a big Colt Anderson fan, ever since he played in high school (Butte) and for the University of Montana (Go Griz). Colt had his first full start at safety yesterday and recorded 5 solo tackles and 1 assist. He stopped the running back twice at the line of scrimage. Despite everyone calling him "too small" I thought his play was very physical. He brought the same level of energy and attack that he does when playing on special teams. I hope the team uses him more in the future.

#5 Kdawgg

Kdawgg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Andy had passion on Sunday as did the team. Great to see the eagles playing tough football. Keep Reid and bring Juan back to coach the O-line. AR is a very good coach.

#6 ironbear73

ironbear73

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I agree with Kdawgg on Reid. I like Mudd however. I think if the line doesnt have all the injuries you are looking are 3 Pro Bowlers. Ine Peters, Kelce, and Mathis or Herremans.
Colt Anderson did great reminded me of the Gang Green Safeties on run support. I think he is a keeper and needs a look as a starter. Nearly had a pick to boot.

#7 ironbear73

ironbear73

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Wide 9 was causing pressure but honestly DRC and #24 were playing just plain bad football. When you can't depend on your CBs to lockdown the WRs the wide 9 fails and puts lots of pressure on safeties. However, I think there could've been more mixing the wide 9 in to keep the O guessing. But then again Reggie and Co just lined up base and brought the pressure.

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Nnamdi and DRC obviously were not putting the effort in they needed. I blame them, but the coaches should of challenged these guys or called them at least 3 to 4 weeks ago. They should of got rid of Washburn instead of Juan. The wide nine was not working, we didn't have the Safety's for it. Whatever the case. If during the bye instead of firing a hard working, proven , teacher of the game. That was obviously struggling with the wide 9. I think Juan could of done better with a norm 4-3, blitzing D line. Sucks, Bowles was a good secondary coach too. Think we would of won a couple more and had a long shot. If Foles got a shot sooner. Vick always would find away to lose.

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Think about this scenario. If Foles and the new DC pull it together and they win the next 3. They could chalk it up as a tough year. Bad moves with Washburn and Vick. AR lost his son, and they overall were not coached well and lacked leadership. Not to mention April has to go. Could we keep AR, on a 1 yr deal. We could get Ron Rivera and or Pat Shurmer. Not to mention certain staff they could bring. They all came up together. Pieces in place. Foles running the classic west coast and if Rivera was the DC, could be the best coached AR team in years. Just saying. Their is know one out their that is more proven then AR for HC, this year. We need to get the Safety from the 49ers, Goldston. I know they want to hold on to him but money talks. With Vick gone, they can afford a top Safety.

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

Now we see that this D could have been better with a reg 4-3. Plus the O could have been better with Foles. They win the next 3, Foles might save AR for another year. If we can get these like minded coaches here. Have a great draft and pick up some important pieces in free agency. Keep him on the hot seat.