Photo
- - - - -

St. Louis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
61 replies to this topic

#1 BDawk_ASamuel

BDawk_ASamuel

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm still shocked that they gave up the #2 pick and passed up on Griffin. They were totally d*cked over by Bradford's contract and I thought it was a no brainer that they should have taken Griffin at the time, as did many others. Everyone will always talk about Luck and Griffin for the rest of their careers, but I feel like this may go down in epic historical proportions for St. Louis as one of the worst draft decisions ever.

#2 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Disagree...we still need to see what the end up doing with all the picks they got.

#3 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm still shocked that they gave up the #2 pick and passed up on Griffin. They were totally d*cked over by Bradford's contract and I thought it was a no brainer that they should have taken Griffin at the time, as did many others. Everyone will always talk about Luck and Griffin for the rest of their careers, but I feel like this may go down in epic historical proportions for St. Louis as one of the worst draft decisions ever.

What if Fisher wins the SB with Bradford? They have a good young QB with a ishy but getting better O-Line. They have stockpiled draft picks and have 22, that is right 22 rookies on their team. Fisher cleaned house and has a very young team at .500, this could work out for both franchises, IMHO.

#4 BDawk_ASamuel

BDawk_ASamuel

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

What if Fisher wins the SB with Bradford? They have a good young QB with a ishy but getting better O-Line. They have stockpiled draft picks and have 22, that is right 22 rookies on their team. Fisher cleaned house and has a very young team at .500, this could work out for both franchises, IMHO.

Meh, maybe you're right. I'm just not big on Bradford at all and he really hasn't taken the next step in his career. He's really been a bust so far.

#5 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

How about Cleveland letting the Skins leapfrog then? Worst organization in sports imo

#6 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Meh, maybe you're right. I'm just not big on Bradford at all and he really hasn't taken the next step in his career. He's really been a bust so far.

I was very impressed with him his rookie year (the last time he had a line). He is not a mobile QB and has been blasted the last 2.5 years (remember he had that injury the year before last that kept him out most of the season). I think Bradford will be fine as he gets more time to read and throw, right now, that is a very spotty proposition.

How about Cleveland letting the Skins leapfrog then? Worst organization in sports imo

Cleveland looks pretty stupid for sure, the Rams only time will tell.

#7 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Not even close, no QB in the league would be doing well in his situation the past 3 years. If they use their plethora of picks wisely, they can do some good things with him.

#8 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

To be fair, his best weapons are an over the hill Steven Jackson, Danny Amendola and the other Steve Smith.

At the end of the day, he will probably be a Drew Bledsoe type guy (he was also picked 1st) as in the Rams can win with him but he will never be elite.

#9 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

The Rams have done a poor job in surrounding Bradford with talent. We have to see if Fisher is better at that. As for the Browns, the front office and coaching will be cleaned out at the end of the year and Weeden will probably be backing up their new QB.

#10 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

To be fair, his best weapons are an over the hill Steven Jackson, Danny Amendola and the other Steve Smith.

At the end of the day, he will probably be a Drew Bledsoe type guy (he was also picked 1st) as in the Rams can win with him but he will never be elite.

No Mike Vick :roll: :roll: :roll:

#11 Intel Division

Intel Division

Practice Squad

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

People went crazy over Vince Young during his rookie year as well.

#12 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

St Louis O-Line gave up 55 sacks last year, dead last. Bradford is lucking he is still upright.

#13 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I also thought for a little bit that they should have dealt Bradford and drafted RG3, but in hinsight they got way too much from the Redskins to turn that deal down.

They got a boat load from Washington and still have (2) 1st round picks in the 2013 and 2014 drafts b/c of that trade. That is how a franschise improves thier re-building process by 1-2 seasons IMO

Oh and BTW, if Bradford gets any weapons around him dont forget he was the #1 overall pick for a reason..... Hes a really good QB.

#14 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

I also thought for a little bit that they should have dealt Bradford and drafted RG3, but in hinsight they got way too much from the Redskins to turn that deal down.

They got a boat load from Washington and still have (2) 1st round picks in the 2013 and 2014 drafts b/c of that trade. That is how a franschise improves thier re-building process by 1-2 seasons IMO

Oh and BTW, if Bradford gets any weapons around him dont forget he was the #1 overall pick for a reason..... Hes a really good QB.

But they could have also dealt Bradford for at least a 1st round pick and took Griffin #2 overall.

#15 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,228 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

But they could have also dealt Bradford for at least a 1st round pick and took Griffin #2 overall.

Why would they do that? They already have a QB with a high ceiling, now with the plethora of picks they can build a team.

#16 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Why would they do that? They already have a QB with a high ceiling, now with the plethora of picks they can build a team.

Yeah, its not crazy to stick with Bradford. I'm just saying if they wanted to they could have had RG3 plus a few picks. They could have taken Griffin at #2 and then dealt Bradford for 2 1sts or a 1st and 2nd.

#17 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,111 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Bradford is beginning to run out of excuses.

#18 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I dont think any team would give St. Louis a 1st rounder for Bradford IMO.

#19 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,111 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

I dont think any team would give St. Louis a 1st rounder for Bradford IMO.

I don't either. Certainly not now.

#20 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • Team:Saints

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I agree and still stand by my belief they should have selected Suh #1 overall instead of Bradford when they had the chance. Imo, Suh has suffered under
the leadership of Jim Schwartz. The Lions are a very talented team,but they are a reflection of their coach. They lack discipline. I believe they rank #2 in
offense and 14 in total defense. With those rankings,they should be serious SB contenders instead of a team that won't make the playoffs. Suh was the
most dominant D- Lineman in college I've seen since Reggie White. I believe he would be closer to reaching his potential under better coaching. Instead
he's a loose cannon much like his head coach Schwartz.

#21 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Sags was the HC (I think) during that draft....

What makes you think that Suh would have listened to Spags more then Schwartz?

BTW, You always take a chance on a franchise QB over a dominate DL with the #1 overall pick 100% of the time. If STL didnt like Bradford at #1 overall they should have traded down alittle bit and saved alot of $$$$$

#22 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Bradford is beginning to run out of excuses.

He has yet to have a legit #1 Reciever. If any QBs are running out of excuses its Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert and Josh Freeman. They all have great running games and decent receiving cores.

#23 bobbysteelz

bobbysteelz

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

They did get arguably the best db in the draft with the 2nd round pick they got in that trade as well. I think they are building smart, knew they were a few years away so now have the ammo to put it together.

#24 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Myabe if they've soured on Bradford that much they'll give Vick a look?

#25 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Sags was the HC (I think) during that draft....

What makes you think that Suh would have listened to Spags more then Schwartz?

BTW, You always take a chance on a franchise QB over a dominate DL with the #1 overall pick 100% of the time. If STL didnt like Bradford at #1 overall they should have traded down alittle bit and saved alot of $$$$$

It's just a hunch with Suh. Schwartz condones his on the field behavior on many occasions instead of condemning it. After he stomped Packers O-Lineman Evin Smith on
Thanksgiving day 2 years ago,Schwartz should have pulled him off the field immediately and made him sit on the bench for a few series Imo. The personal foul gave the
Packers a 1st down instead of making them attempt a FG. The Packers later scored a TD and it gave them 4 points they wouldn't have if Suh had kept his temper under
control.

Another good example of the Lions lack of discipline occurred in the playoff game against the Saints last year. The Lions had 2 drives in the 2nd quarter ended by
offensive PI calls against TE Brandon Pettigrew. They were obvious calls. Instead of getting in Pettigres grill,Schwartz throws a fit on the sideline and starts screaming
at the officials who made the correct call. Most coaches would have pulled Pettigrew aside and let him know dumb mistakes like his can cost the team the game.

I definitely agree you go with a franchise QB 100% of the time when you have the chance. However,Bradford wasn't a No Brainer pick like either Manning,Luck or
RG3. He was just the best QB in a overall weak class at the position. There were injury concerns. He had trouble staying healthy against relatively weak competition
in college.The Big 12 is not known for stout defenses and he rarely faced an opponent with a great pass rush. Qb's like Bradford come out every year. D-Linemen
like Suh come out once a generation.

The Raiders made a similar mistake a few years earlier Imo. They selected JaMarcus Russell and passed on a once a generation talent at Wr. in Calvin Johnson.
Imo again,When those special players at other positions are available,it's the only time you should pass on the Qb and fill that position later.

Every team would love to trade down and acquire more picks. More often than not,it's just message board material between us fans. Trading down is easy. The problem
is finding a team that wants to trade up and is willing to give up a lot of picks in the process. Bradford wasn't one of those Qb's a team was willing to trade up to
#1 to select .

#26 gameshowfan91

gameshowfan91

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Raiders drafted J. Russell over C. Johnson. How did that work out for Raiders? Are you saying you would draft Geno Smith over, say, dominate OL?

#27 lb7

lb7

EMB Legend

• Banned
  • 13,426 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Because, they know what they have in Bradford. At the time, Griffin was an unknown commodity, correct? Also, the Rams need and continue to need to fill in some big gaps, particularly at O-Line. They made the smart decision at that time. If they had the knowledge of what RGIII has turned out to be, then they would be stupid not to take him but they didn't know, just like everyone else. Win, win for both teams, IMHO.

#28 faceman

faceman

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, its not crazy to stick with Bradford. I'm just saying if they wanted to they could have had RG3 plus a few picks. They could have taken Griffin at #2 and then dealt Bradford for 2 1sts or a 1st and 2nd.

Bradfords cap hit makes it almost impossible for the Rams to trade him. He was the overall #1 selection the year before the rookie scale went into effect. Bradford
signed for 50 Mil Guaranteed. By comparison, Cam Newton signed for 22 Mil guaranteed the following year.

http://www.nfl.com/n...h-st-louis-rams

Bradford was scheduled to earn $12 million in fully guaranteed base salary with a $15.595 million cap number in 2012, the third season of a six-year, $78 million contract he signed as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

#29 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Raiders drafted J. Russell over C. Johnson. How did that work out for Raiders? Are you saying you would draft Geno Smith over, say, dominate OL?

If Im the cheifs... yes.

The Eagles are in a different position IMO. We were thought to be SB contenders the last 2 seasons only to falter espically this season b/c of a poor OL and injuries to everyone that matters. I think they might have a QB in foles. We defentily need OL help more then any other position IMO. The Cheifs have holes everywhere. The chace of Geno Smith being a great QB outweighs the pick of an above average/ very good OL with the #1 pick IMO.

#30 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

Kirk Cousins might be available for a 1st round pick...