- - - - -

Eagles-Bengals: What the (cough) experts say

csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,214 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Article's URL

Eagles-Bengals: What the (cough) experts say

December 13, 2012, 9:00 am

Posted Image

The Eagles won a football game last Sunday — something not many saw coming (see Week 13 predictions).

It was the team's first victory since Sept. 30, and they had a short week to enjoy it. The Eagles are back at it for a Thursday night matchup at the Linc against the Bengals.

Here are this week's predictions:

Geoff Mosher
OK, I admit it. I'm a sucker. I'm hitching my wagon to the Foles Express. All of my hunches say Bengals, but I'm taking the Eagles.

Eagles 20, Bengals 13

Ray Didinger
The Cincinnati defense looks too strong, especially up front, for this bloodied Eagles offense even with Nick Foles.

Bengals 24, Eagles 20

Reuben Frank
Nick Foles has made the Eagles’ season interesting again, but the Bengals have a formidable front, quality corners and playoff hopes, and things won’t come quite so easily this time around for Foles and the Eagles.

Tough game on a short week, so I’m going with the Bengals, and the Eagles’ longest winning streak in two months ends at one.

Bengals 26, Eagles 20

Derrick Gunn
Happy Happy Joy Joy.

The Eagles finally got a win but have little time to enjoy it. Nick Foles and the offense were able to slice through Tampa Bay's porous pass defense to win on the last play of the game. Now, they have to step up their game, because a much better Cincinnati Bengals defense is coming to town.

The Bengals’ D leads the league in quarterback sacks with 42, which is not good for an Eagles offense that just gave up six to Tampa Bay.

The Bengals’ featured wide receiver A.J. Green is not only physical, but he's faster than both of Tampa Bay's wideouts Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams.

The win was sweet for the Birds, but Cincinnati’s still steaming after blowing a nine-point lead at home against Dallas, which cost them the game.

The Bengals will get the win at the Linc.

Bengals 27, Eagles 19

John Gonzalez
The Eagles have a one-game winning streak. They've won one in a row. (Can it be a streak if nothing precedes or follows it at the moment? And can it be "one in a row" if no other wins are in that row? So many questions.) What a run. Huzzah. And so on.

The Birds will no doubt win a second consecutive game (!), provided they don't have to play a top-six defense, or an offense with a freakish wide receiver who leads the league with 10 touchdowns. What's that? Oh, the Bengals have both of those things?

Welp, all good things must come to an end.

Bengals 28, Eagles 21

Andy Schwartz
The Eagles looked like a real football team last week.

Despite the fact they couldn't run it (when has that ever mattered?), the Eagles moved the ball on offense. More impressively, their defense actually looked like a professional unit, not a bunch of guys on the playground looking at each other and saying "I thought you had him!?"

So was that real, or was it a mirage?

Let's go with the former. I said I wouldn't pick the Eagles to win again until they showed me they could, and they did.

Eagles 23, Bengals 20

#2 BtotheH

BtotheH

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I too agree that Cinncinati may be too much for us and we will most likely lose. But if our defense can play 4 quarters like they did in the first half against the Buc's than we may have a shot to go two in a row. Brown will need to get going on the ground but will only do so if MM stops calling sweeps and delays. Get Brown the handoff anf fast so he can shoot the gap.

Hey if Foles can just show more progress and no fumbles by Brown then I'm good to go.

Bengals 28 - Eagles 17