Photo

[News] Ugly Loss Mirrors 2012 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
158 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

A flurry of giveaways and a blocked punt helped Cincinnati stifle any Eagles momentum generated during a win five days earlier in Tampa, and provided another snapshot of a frustrating 2012 season. This 34-13 loss was ugly, ugly, ugly ...

View the full article

#2 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

If people can't hold the ball release them. That was pathetic, sloppy, and not professional.

Btw, the only thing that win last Sunday did was push us back in the draft board.

#3 BromanianBird

BromanianBird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

CouldCareLess I am with you that win gave us a false glimmer of hope and a lower draft pick. These guys and turnovers. I am so freaking sick and tired of this season I am sick of the little smart A$$ remarks I now get on my facebook page from family and friends who root for the suckie cowgirls. I am sick of fumbles, interceptions, penalties, and 16 or less points, I am sick of the this pathitic team and season! Santa you know what I want for Christmas for you to place pink slips in the stocking of every player, coach and anyone who steps foot in the Eagles Complex and I want that before Christmas. #DUSTED&DISGUSTED#

#4 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

Saddening

#5 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

The Defense final looked like the D the Eagles are known for. Cole is back! Graham looked great (as he has all season, should have replaced Babin long.....ago) Cox, Jenkins, even Curry too. I was impressed with Colt. He has a lot of heart and hustle. He seemed to be in on every play and we obviously missed him on special teams. I know they didn't want to risk him on special teams but what a melt down tonight on special teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Bobby April is fired tomorrow. Brown, Harbor, and Maclin gotta protect the ball PERIOD! Oh well, less stress watching the games at 4-9, now 4-10 but the D was encouraging and with the patchwork O-line and Shady, Djax out, Celek out it is what it is. I would get rid of Marty, April and keep Reid.

#6 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

Keep lowering the bar for a certain player and we will miss a chance to draft a 1st round quarterback.

I want to win the division next year. I've a feeling that it's going to be acceptable to have another losing season next year just to say, "anybody but Vick." Don't let people (who hate Vick) distract us from drafting a good QB. Trust me when the organization releases Vick, those people (who hate Vick) will follow him just to irritate that organization and then the real Eagles fans are stuck with another losing season because we missed an opportunity to draft a great QB. Put pressure on Foles to make him great by drafting a gifted QB in the 1st round, get some offensive linemen, and some defensive backs.

The offensive line, defense, coaching, special teams and turnovers has crippled the team the whole season. It didn't start on November 11th.

#7 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

ARG: i know you dont like foles but why waste our 1st rounder on a QB when the talent that will be there will be far greater than any QB in the draft? I'll admit Foles made mistakes but wasnt the reason y we lost. Maclin fallin down, matt tenant and harbor dropping passes in the end zone, no running game, all the turnovers.

#8 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

If were going to keep running the ball towards the sidelines, can we please get shady back in there??? He turns no gains and negative runs to positive gains

#9 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Use Brown on third and long situations for blocking unless they have a play specifically for shady bc hes a better blocker and he wont stop fumbling. I know if someone would coach him and show him how to hold the ball when hes running he'd be more effective. But we dont have any good coaches and if he keeps playing we might as well call him Vick#2

#10 birdcrazy1

birdcrazy1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

The chance of the Eagles winning anything next year with a whole new coaching staff is literally about 100 to 1...

and you people crying about draft picks and loses...please...one, two, or even three first rounders gurantees you NOTHING...and in very, very, very few cases does one draft pick turn a team around....

and lately I haven't seen a college QB draft eligible that is better then Foles...period.

#11 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Arg, what first round QB are you talking about? Geno Smith? He's going to KC or Oakland. Barkley? He stinks....like, he really stinks. There is no stud QB in this draft so i don't get what you're saying.

Also...how are Vick haters going to "keep us from drafting a first round QB"? That makes no sense whatsoever....

#12 eagles212

eagles212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Eagles need a new defensive coordinator, new offensive Coordinator, our O-line from last year and and a safety like eric reid LSU we need a safety like Brian Dawkins i admit colt is good and he has heart but we need someone physically bigger someone who can lay that hat when they enter his Territory and some one who can stop the run and i believe thats gonna be eric reid we also need to install a few toss plays for shady i mean seriously he is one the most elusive backs in the nfl why the H E L L do the eagles not run toss plays?

#13 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

We have to upgrade safety and WR (unless cooper can keep improving). Forget about qb geno is the only decent one te rest are unstable and unpredictable (not in the good way). Also we need to seriously overhaul the oline. Peters might not be in a pro form anymore and is aging, king tries but he isn't a longer term starter. Release Watkins that was a bust, release Nnamdi. I'm not a fan of releasing Nnamdi but his play doesn't equal his pay, so either release or change the contract ( they need to sign DRC, I believe he is the best corner we have).

#14 jwells131313

jwells131313

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I don't understand how Andy Reid can go to his post-game press conferences and claim that all the mistakes and things are his responsibility, and that he'll take responsibility for it. Note to Andy: "Taking Responsibility" means accepting the consequences when the poor behavior is not changed over time. So, if Andy was TRULY taking responsibility he would resign today (TODAY) due to his horribly poor performance over the entire last two seasons. Either resign, Andy, or never say you are "taking responsibility" again.

#15 desurvivor

desurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Two things came out of this excuse for a game. First and foremost, Foles is not a franchise quarterback - the underthrow of Maclin was the worst pass I've ever seen a professional quarterback make in my lifetime. Even high school quarterbacks don't throw "punts". Second, the second level talent on this team is so bad (result of Andy's drafting), this team is going to be at the bottom of the league for the next few years.

#16 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Foles is the real deal. He has one good reciever playing 81 Avant, No real tight end, second stringers at best, bad o line in front of him, he is lucky to get half the time most qbs get to set and read and make the throw. You could put Brady, RGIII, Manning etc and they wouldn't make all the throws! He hits guys in the hands, and chest and they drop it or fumble it away, Brown fumbles like he is supposed to carry the ball out so the d can hit it out of his hands and you people want to grade Foles after 5 games get real!!!! Guess you want big no play everyday Vick. Alot of money alot of experience and alot of no QB talent just a good athelete.

#17 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Painful!!!
Where do i start. 3rd and short and they throw a 30 yard pass and fail. Who calls a play like that?
Fumbles?
After so many turnovers each game, doesn't anybody coach how to hang on to the ball?
This is such a huge problem, yet it happens almost every week.
The defense looked great,
This was one of the best defensive performances i've seen all year, but after being on the field so long they were getting worn down.
Embarrassing!!!
Brown, he can have all the good runs he wants but his fumbles are killing all the progress he makes.
I've never seen anything like it.
I'm a proponent of keeping Andy, but he has to get rid of MM and April. If he so stubbornly refuses, then he has to go too.
We have a team that with the right coaching can be a winner in a short time.
I know i'm blabbering, but this team makes me do that.

#18 DR999

DR999

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

We need to see Polk now and see what he can offer. I think he will have better fundementals. BB is done unless someone wants to actually coach him. Lateral running doesn't work in the NFL too much. How does a professional RB not know what hand to carry the ball in and not to secure it. How does a professional RB coach not do something about that. On Foles,I really like him but must agree that I dont think I have ever seen a worse pass attempt on that long ball. i think most fresh rookies can make that throw. In fact, I have yet to see any accuracy on long ball and so-so on the mid range. That 46 yarder to Maclin probably should have been 6 but he had to wai for itt. He seems to have many of the intangibles and it's too early to make a definetive call, but we must know if he can accurately throw mid to deep level balls consistently or he's a back up. There is no QB worth drafting high this year.

#19 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

God have mercy and please end this season. Goodbye Andy Reid and company. The next guy has his work cut out for him to shore up this mess.

#20 DR999

DR999

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I forgot to mention that it is really tiring listening to analysts make more incitful comments about what is wrong with the eagles then our own coaching staff. We have possibly the stalest, do nothing, no accountibility coaching staff I have seen in a while. We might not get great replacements, but this team just needs a change, something fresh for these players to start believing in again.

#21 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

@darksnake You call Bryce Brown, "Vick #2." Nick Foles has 7 fumbles. Bryce Brown has 4 fumbles.
I just want to win the division next year. Nothing against Foles, the opponents are not going to take it easy on Foles to make him look good, they're fighting for playoff berths. I thought when you replace someone you want better results. For example, it's like me saying that Bowles is better than Juan Castillo. Bowles is actually no better than Juan, but if you don't like Juan you would try to deceive everybody by saying Bowles is the real deal or he's improving or one day he's going to coach well. What is this!?! This is the NFL! I want to win. 'm Eagles fan, this is not about one player making me feel good, go read a Disney Novel if you want someone to make you feel good.

#22 gdibig

gdibig

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

@desurvivor - please watch some tape of Bret Favre and tell me you've never seen a pass like Foles threw! The kid was under pressure and threw off balance. It happens to EVERY QB once in a while. I'm not saying the kid will be as good as Favre or as mediocre as McNabb, but I am saying he IS better than Vick right now!

#23 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Sadly, this isn't going to get any better.

#24 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

the pass to matt tennant had me hooting with laughter. hell. i didn't even know who number 68 was.

it's all good, peeps. it's all good. from where they are, they can only go upwards, or horizontally if they need a bit of time before becoming good again. a further plummetting is impossible, according to all the laws of the known and unknown universe.

so, who needs a xanax to endure the next two games ? and the eagles-less playoffs ? come to france, meds are free !

#25 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

and, i'm very pleased about brandon graham.

end of transmission for now. it's empty here.

~~~~~crickets~~~~

#26 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Look. I agree, the players are the ones committing the turnovers. But who is holdingthen accountable? David Wilson of the Gnuts was benched by Coughlin because Coughlin held him accountable for the fumbles. Since then he hasn't fumbledand look at how well he's playing. Where is the accountability? Ineffective coaching is what has led to the sloppy play and lackluster production on offense. I love AR for what he has done for this city but he is too loyal to a fault. That has been his undoing.

Do they include free merlot and chardonnay too?!

#27 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Frenchie, makes you wonder if they will ask the new coach to consider keeping Brasher do to the sudden then around of the D-line due to the stressing of fundamentals by Brasher.

#28 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

merlot and chardonnay are not wines, they are grapes. they are used to make different kinds of wine, and even champagne.

but for that, you better get your chèque book ready ! these eagles will cause us all cirrhosis.

#29 mikey black

mikey black

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Fan Since:forever

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

eagles are pathetic. the whole coaching staff needs to go i cant WAIT for andy, and marty, and bobby april to be GONE.
Also, i've said it from day one, FOLES IS NOT THE ANSWER. Look at good qbs when they were rookies- i remember jay cutler as a rookie for the broncos, sure he sucked, but he was still occasionally throwing a really good deep ball that just alluded to the fact that he would be good one day. Foles doesn't do anything good except stand in the pocket behind our sad excuse of an offensive line.
You gotta bring Vick back, or try and get Alex Smith.
Our WRs are SO SOFT. You have got to be kidding me fumbling the ball on the second play of the game, MACLIN. And also, stop getting injured every time you get tackled its embarrassing.
Clay Harbor, a TIGHT END, fumbles the ball as soon as he touches it. I love the potential in Bryce Brow, but can someone PLEASE TEACH HIM HOW TO HOLD THE BALL?!
This is the most disappointing season for the eagles in the last 10 years. We have no bright spots, nothing to look forward to. It baffles me why DRC can't get an interception ever (and i have flat out given up on Nnamdi- he will NEVER get another interception as an eagles... talk about a failed experiment). Sure our D-LINE was OK last night, but it was inflated by the fact that Dalton just held onto the ball way too long. Pathetic pathetic game. The coaches gotta go. Half of the players arent even good enough to play college ball. The only people who stepped up were avant, cooper, graham, cole, jenkins, and cox. Everyone else is miserable. And Boykin is a decent cornerback, he should be getting the start over Nnamdi.
I just hope that in week 17 we can play spoiler to the giants. Other than that, this offseason cannot come soon enough.

#30 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Wow! Had no idea. Thanks for the education! And believe me, it's already well on the way towards that lol!