Photo
- - - - -

BOYCOTT THE REDSKIN GAME

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 desurvivor

desurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

After Thursday night's clownish game, Jeff Lurie should apologize to all Eagle fans and offer season ticket holders their money back for having to sit through one of the worst football games ever played by a professional team. In lieu of that happening, why not send a big message. I know the Linc was half full Thursday night. What a great message to send - a completely empty stadium for the Redskin game!!!!! (Don't sell your tickets to Redskin fans either). Just let the place be empty!

#2 Lloyd

Lloyd

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,370 posts
  • Fan Since:Lloyd

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Regardless of your "boycott," Reid will be fired and Vick will be gone.

So what message are you trying to send? That football teams shouldn't have bad seasons? "Hey sports team, don't lose games." Is that the message?

#3 biglou22

biglou22

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,050 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

After Thursday night's clownish game, Jeff Lurie should apologize to all Eagle fans and offer season ticket holders their money back for having to sit through one of the worst football games ever played by a professional team. In lieu of that happening, why not send a big message. I know the Linc was half full Thursday night. What a great message to send - a completely empty stadium for the Redskin game!!!!! (Don't sell your tickets to Redskin fans either). Just let the place be empty!

Why should Lurie say a word. I didn't notice him on the field. Maybe I missed something ??
He has given the people in charge of FOOTBALL OPERATIONS whatever they have wanted, whenever they have wanted it.

Start with the PROVEN NFL PLAYERS that have sucked over the last 2 years.
Then move to the coaches that have failed.
Lurie has allowed every TOP PROVEN FREE AGENT there was to come here for big dollars. He has allowed every WELL KKNOWN PROVEN TOP COACH that Reid could find to sign here. And they ahve also all failed. That's Lurie's fault ???
Not 1 single person on earth would have predicted that they ALLL WOULD SUCK.

You knew that the best special teams coach in the NFL would look like he never coached special teams in his life ???
You knew that THE TOP OL coach would come here and be average at best ??
You knew that T.Bowles and his wonderful ability to work with players would look like he never sen a football player in his life ??
You knew, even though I was against it,, that Washburn and hios silly arse wide 9 would turn a bunch of really talented DL into high school looking players ???
You knew that TWO of the best cover CBs in the NFL would look like they never covered a pro player in their life ??
You knew that M.Vick was going to completely suck ?? Well, most of us did.

Seriously. These were all proven entities that were brought in. These weren't players and coaches that were new to the game.
Start by looking at the incredible failed efforts by these PROVEN NFL HIGHLY PAYED PLAYERS.

#4 desurvivor

desurvivor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

Last night's game was beyond a "loss" - I quote from today's Philly papers......don't ask me to pay ticket prices to watch ineptitude of this degree.

At one point, the Eagles turned the ball over on three consecutive plays and four times in five plays - a feat so laughable that the few fans remaining at Lincoln Financial Field could barely muster the deafening boos they would ordinarily dispense.

#5 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,798 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Good luck with that.

#6 Lloyd

Lloyd

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,370 posts
  • Fan Since:Lloyd

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

Last night's game was beyond a "loss" - I quote from today's Philly papers......don't ask me to pay ticket prices to watch ineptitude of this degree.

At one point, the Eagles turned the ball over on three consecutive plays and four times in five plays - a feat so laughable that the few fans remaining at Lincoln Financial Field could barely muster the deafening boos they would ordinarily dispense.

I'm not trying to stick up for Lurie or his bank account...but I just don't see your point. This is the deal you got yourself into by becoming a sports fan. Sometimes your teams are good. Sometimes it's bad. If you don't like it, then go be a fan of whatever team wins the Super Bowl each year...or just stop watching sports.

If Lurie went on TV a few weeks ago and said, "Reid will return. Screw the fans." then yeah, go ahead and be angry. But we all know there's a 99% chance that he'll be gone. So what's there to boycott? Lurie already knows the team is bad...so your idea about boycotting will prove what, exactly? If the owner is aware of how bad the team is...which he is....then I fail to see where your idea is going.

#7 mlodj

mlodj

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,668 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

I blame McNabb.

#8 Bear Grylls

Bear Grylls

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

No one's asking you pay for anything, you stinkin front runner.

#9 DawkDaBallHawk

DawkDaBallHawk

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

I'm proudly going to the game.
Win or lose, I will always try to get to games.
It's not like they are consistent losers. Many cities would kill to have a team like we have.
Maybe the seats will finally open up to old time fans.

#10 nittany4

nittany4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

I am seriously considering not renewing my tickets that I have had since 1994. There is no good reason to pay money for this product.

#11 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,945 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I am seriously considering not renewing my tickets that I have had since 1994. There is no good reason to pay money for this product.

well luckily for the Eagles there is a 60,000+ wait list for season tickets.

nd the whole notion of boycotting is ridiculous. The tickets are already sold and all it is doing is showing the country that our fans are front-runners and won't stick with the team through thick and thin

#12 Sunday@1

Sunday@1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

Boycott? Hmmn... What do think this will accomplish? They already have your money and while they hope you use your tickets; they really don't care if you show up or not. If you are unhappy as we all are, give up your season tickets and let them go to someone else who wants to go to the games. As far as the tickets, rather than them not being used, howabout giving (not selling) them to an adult or kid who never gets a chance to go. You can then watch their face light up as they realize they are going to see RG3 / Nick Foles in person.

This season has hurt all of us and this is not to challenge anyone's "fandom" but your your boycott is misguided and will do nothing.

#13 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

No, don't "BOYCOTT". Cancel your season tickets. Don't renew.

I need around 15,000 idiots... err... "protestors" to do that.

#14 flyeaglesfly000

flyeaglesfly000

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Has everyone forgotten that Brian Westbrook is retiring as an Eagle and will be honored on the 23rd? He deserves respect for everything he has done for the organization. We should not be organizing a boycott.

#15 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Has everyone forgotten that Brian Westbrook is retiring as an Eagle and will be honored on the 23rd? He deserves respect for everything he has done for the organization. We should not be organizing a boycott.

They really should have did this ish at the beginning of the year when there was still hope.

#16 birdsfan15

birdsfan15

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I'm not trying to stick up for Lurie or his bank account...but I just don't see your point. This is the deal you got yourself into by becoming a sports fan. Sometimes your teams are good. Sometimes it's bad. If you don't like it, then go be a fan of whatever team wins the Super Bowl each year...or just stop watching sports.

If Lurie went on TV a few weeks ago and said, "Reid will return. Screw the fans." then yeah, go ahead and be angry. But we all know there's a 99% chance that he'll be gone. So what's there to boycott? Lurie already knows the team is bad...so your idea about boycotting will prove what, exactly? If the owner is aware of how bad the team is...which he is....then I fail to see where your idea is going.

That's exactly what he did last season, so by your logic, fans have every right to be angry. Lurie and the rest of the front office have run over and completely ignored the fans every chance they've gotten. They deserve every ounce of criticism they get. They got way too comfortable, and it's costing them.

#17 birdsfan15

birdsfan15

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

well luckily for the Eagles there is a 60,000+ wait list for season tickets.

nd the whole notion of boycotting is ridiculous. The tickets are already sold and all it is doing is showing the country that our fans are front-runners and won't stick with the team through thick and thin

I highly doubt the waiting list is anywhere near 60,000 right now. The whole notion that the fans should somehow be "thankful" for the state of the team is absolutely asinine. This team has been mired in mediocrity of the better part of a decade now. If not for two miracle playoff runs (well, one only consisted of a wild card win), they'd be in the bottom half of the league. Four playoff appearances and four misses in eight seasons since the Super Bowl loss. Two of those appearances resulted in first round losses. To pretend that somehow makes us the envy of the league is patently absurd.

#18 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,945 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

I highly doubt the waiting list is anywhere near 60,000 right now. The whole notion that the fans should somehow be "thankful" for the state of the team is absolutely asinine. This team has been mired in mediocrity of the better part of a decade now. If not for two miracle playoff runs (well, one only consisted of a wild card win), they'd be in the bottom half of the league. Four playoff appearances and four misses in eight seasons since the Super Bowl loss. Two of those appearances resulted in first round losses. To pretend that somehow makes us the envy of the league is patently absurd.

It is actually over it in terms of names. Whether or not 60,000 people would step up and buy those tickets this offseason if offered is up for debate though.

#19 djbigf

djbigf

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 123,060 posts
  • Fan Since:Always

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

it is and it ain't. the waitlist for upper level tickets is still steep. the club level is where the eagles are in trouble. they made it too big and too expensive and now the seats are going begging.

#20 Rome

Rome

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 33,568 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

$400 for a football ticket is asinine. And before someone says it, yeah, I get it. If the market wasn't there for it, it wouldn't be that expensive.

It's still grotesque, though. Sorry.

#21 djbigf

djbigf

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • 123,060 posts
  • Fan Since:Always

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

$400 for a football ticket is asinine. And before someone says it, yeah, I get it. If the market wasn't there for it, it wouldn't be that expensive.

It's still grotesque, though. Sorry.

that's the conundrum that they're in...there was a market for $400 tickets in '03, but not now, and it's compounded by the fact that they can't drop prices easily for newbies b/c they have existing ticket holders locked into long-term contracts at the ripoff prices.