Photo

[News] Reid: Anderson Likely To Remain Starter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,790 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Beyond a report on the litany of injured Eagles, head coach Andy Reid also hinted Friday that safety Colt Anderson has earned the opportunity to continue starting over the final two games even as K...

View the full article

#2 drmuonfunk

drmuonfunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Why are we even recording Andy's press releases. He's gone the day after the last game!

#3 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Don't count your chickens yet, they may just keep him.

#4 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

they wouldnt dare!!!!!

#5 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Anderson needs to add more size to be considered a starting safety.

#6 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Kendriks hasn't done squat since week 5. I wouldn't mind drafting Teo and having him at Sam, Ryans at Mike and Kendricks at Will. I like Anderson over Coleman in a heartbeat but what happened to Sims?

#7 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

COLT...1 of the few TOUGH GUYS ON THE DEFENSE.......please call JOHN GRUDEN...............FIRE THE DOG-KILLER

#8 duckhunter

duckhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

I keep hearing that Colt is "too small and too slow" or that he needs to be bigger to play safety as a starter. Colt is a born athelete, strong, tough, and knows how to play safety - just being bigger doesn't mean much if you don't know how to play the position. Colt Anderson is from "Butte, America" which is a story in itself.

#9 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Coleman is a bum! He is a special team player at best! Anderson has put in time on special teams, and ran with the opportunity with starting at safety. He plays good ball on the run and pass. I say keep him starting!

#10 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Don't want to burst any bubbles but AR ill be the head coach now that he has gotten over (for lack of better words) of his son's death. He has made some changes in the coaching staff and if I were Lurie I would make him get rid of Morty. That nbeing said I think the o line needs to really be looked at hard and the defense needs to look now it seems at the corners. Colt may be small but he is a hitter and that's good enough. We got rid of Dawkins and he went on to play well for Denver. AR is tarting to come back to life as a coach now if we can just keep his other son in Jail so he doesn't add to the family misery!

#11 sandman88

sandman88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Andy Reid should without a doubt be able to fulfill his contract and be the head coach next year. I question Howie Roseman's decision making processes just as much. We are missing Joe Banner's expertise. Tommy Brasher reconnects us to Jim johnson and that is the void that has needed filling. Keep Andy, Todd and Tommy.
Dust off a little more classic west coast on offense like the niners did with Craig and Rathman and see what happens. Scheme with that fullback for goodness sake.

#12 Matadorr

Matadorr

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Keep Reid, bring Juan back as OL coach.

#13 fanup

fanup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

Anderson deserves to start at safety. He was a special teams ace and now he is making plays at safety. He knows how to tackle because he tackles LOW. All these other clowns tackle high and end up being carried an extra 3-5 yards. Of course I may be biased, I am a Univ. of Montana alumnus.