Photo

[News] Offensive Line Tops Need List

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,622 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

The thinking goes among many out there that once Jason Peters, Jason Kelce and Todd Herremans are healthy for 2013, the Eagles will be on track to have a dominating offensive line. It's a line, pun intended, of thinking that I'm just not buying ...

View the full article

#2 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

BOOM 1st!!! YEAH BUDDY!!!

Good to see Brandon Graham own Andre Smith yesterday, alot of talk saying Smith was one of the best RTs and Free Agents next year

#3 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

Dangit! I missed it again! Congrats freak!

#4 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Brandon Graham is showing that he thrives in a fundamentals based d-line scheme. Living up to his draft billing. Fletcher Cox was great and he is going to be an absolute beast!

I really like the tandem of Jenkins and Cox in the middle and Graham and Cole as the bookends

#5 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hope Eagles keep Mudds scheme next year.. Maybe get his Assistant to coach it next year if the new regime will have it.. Draft OT Luke Joeckel if hes there coz our boys on IR might not come back as good they were pre-injury.. Need some depth all around too

#6 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

That stunt Jenkins did was pretty sweet.. Took forever to get to Dalton but would have took longer if still in the Wide-9.. Do Eagles keep Jenkins and Patterson next year? Our Salary Cap is in a bad spot next year..

#7 GroundAttack

GroundAttack

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

I feel confident with our normal o line coming together next year, but how successful will they be with 2 of the 3 injuried lineman coming off major injuries? Will Peters be a dominant LT again or will he not be himself after rupturing his Achilles twice in the offseason. Bell and Dunlap are backup tackles and nothing more. Will Scott be back? Will Watkins be the starter? Dennis Kelly has shown he can be a potential starter.... So many questions with this team and it all starts up front giving our QB time to throw.

#8 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Need to focus on O line in off season along with safety and corner. Would like to see Colt paired either with stud FA like Byrd or one of the fine safeties coming out in draft like Reid oVacarro or Elam. Thinking one of those high.energy guys will be perfect to go with colt. They'll feed off each others intensity.Not exactly sure snot CB. DRC is playing like a keeperagain. Not so sure about Namdi. Draft three or for o lineman in draft and things might turn around quicker than later.

#9 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Do Eagles go after someone like DT Star Lotuelei to play along side Cox.. They could be the next Williams Wall Cox (Kevin) and Star (Pat).. Wouldnt mind Eagles having a look at DT Glen Dorsey next year.. Guy was wasted in that 3-4 scheme for KC.. Boy was beasting for LSU at DT

#10 Bigdaddy1974

Bigdaddy1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Ive said it once Ive said it twice ill say it hundred times. 1st dump bell and both corners pick the best two safties for back ups. now we got great tight end great WR and RB deep. The full back is solid and foles will mature heck marino aickman moon mcnair brady elway all had rough first seasons. we will be fine foles will get the foot work down and he will be successfull. the offensive line will be great once again. ok now simple Keep Reid i know i know but listen. Keep Reid take some power. Luire needs to fire all the coaches except staley zordich mudd bowles and tommy. make reid pick up norv turner as off cord and make him find a true solid mean as nails Def cord like JJ was. here is the other part pick up poles heck if he brings his son then fine let him bring him. he can wear the santa suit for all i care. now polland has had time to actually be a player watcher and he is a good GM alaa Manning and heck the whole colts team. let him be just that a GM and let reid do what he does best coach. now next part i know you all will complain but trade back in the draft pick up a extra 2nd and 3rd. now 1st round CB 2nd safety 2nd CB 3rd safety 3rd Tackle/Guard wich ever is best left. shore up the rest of the off line with late picks. our def line is awsome our LB are good but if you cant stop them from passing having jenkins graham and cole chasing the run and WR dont work for real. ok ive watch with a close eye we need avant and cooper signed long term i believe 3rd and 4th WR will make a team hence Wess. Heck dont believe be one Carter Reed and a guy named Moss. Now let brown is good but little problem called hands. he needs more time and well guys we have watched alot of RB come in the league and cant hold the ball and there working at Home depot mixing paint a year later. so he needs a have staley do what he did best hold on to the ball. and for real god has blessed us for the last couple years IE MeCoy Westbrook Staley heck all the way back to Waters and a guy named Hershal. If luarie wants to do the right thing make it right with Patterson he has given this team his heart. OK guys i await your feedback i know im off my rocker fire reid and all that crap but look around unless chuckie is coming home we need to keep a proven winner. and 21 years in the army they dint ask me if i could spell when i joined so sorry even after retirement i still suck .....

#11 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Id resign DRC watching him play these last 2 weeks and the beginning of the year.. Hes young and has got some freakish talent.. The guy can tackle when he wants too as well.. Asomugah hmm man dont know about that guy.. Lost a step or something..

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'm all for going Star Lotuelei first pick for the eagles.....Jenkins and Cox r both great pass rushers but they lack in the run stuffing area that is were Star would come in give a HUGE boost against the run and help the whole DL by demanding double teams he reminds me of ngata of the ravens

OL is solid once healthy yes we need to add depth but i don't want to waste a 1st rounder for depth maybe in like the 2nd or 3rd round add an OL....

#13 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

haha Bigdaddy that was a good read.. Didnt think there was any Reid supporters for coach next year around.. Mudd is retiring after this season.. Hope Eagles stick to 4-3 D though..

#14 Bigdaddy1974

Bigdaddy1974

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Thanks Freak i thought i may be the only one left lololololo

#15 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

My draft out look something like this
1st-Star Lotuelei
2nd-Xavier Rhodes
2nd-Kenny Vaccarro
3rd-best OL

yes I have added a extra 2nd round pick i'm all for trying to trade for an extra pick(still say try and trade Djax to get it) Have Maclin and Cooper as r starters next season Avant in the slot and have Damaris and Mcnutt as backups.....Maybe look in FA for another WR if not happy with Coop and Maclin

#16 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Id be happy with OT Luke Joeckel, DT Star Lotuelei or even LB Manti Te'o.. If Eagles drafted Joeckel it wouldnt be for depth it will be to start n for the future.. Our OL is getting up there in the age gotta bring in some young talent to start or prep to take over.. What you think of DT Sheldon Richardson BG?

#17 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Freak....I think Sheldon Richardson would fit the mold of DT that we already have which r slimmer guys that r great pass rusher but aren't great run stuffers also will probably be a good fit as a 3-4 DE as well.

I'm high on Kelly think he is going to be a great RT for us would hate to see him take a back sit because we drafted Jockel....I'd rather draft a guy who doesn't have to start right away sit on the bench a yr or 2 then take over when JP,TH,Mathis is done... I believe this is a draft or 2 to early to select and OL with the 1st round but that is just me

#18 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hmm id trade Maclin for a 4th id say to the Rams or someone who needs a WR n draft like this..

1. OT Luke Joeckel
2. WR Da'Rick Rogers
3. SS Phillip Thomas
4a. LB Gerald Hodges
4b. CB Leon Mcfadden
5. DT Josh Boyd
6. DE Michael Buchanon
7. TE Blaize Foltz
7. P Ryan Allen

My bad OL Blaize Foltz

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Djax is costing us #1 WR money and not playing to the level of one....Maclin is a solid #2 WR and a viable deep threat plus he scores tds i'd rather keep him around.

#20 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Djax-11games 700yds 2tds(djax 12 tds in the last 3yrs)

Maclin-13games 719yds 5tds(maclin 20Tds in the last 3yrs)

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Something else that is underrated for Wr is Maclin is a better blocker downfield then djax.... I mean look at the Bucs game if Maclin did have that block in the EZ Foles never runs in for the score

#22 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Some of the best players in this league dont show up on the stat sheet BG.. 1 on 1 WR vs CB who do you think will beat their man n who would you give the ball to with the game on the line.. DJax or Maclin.. Da'Rick Rogers n DJax would be a beast combo i think

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Djax is a one trick pony he has speed which is nice but teams have counter him this will be the 2nd yr in a row he has under 1000yds and he doesn't score Tds.....1 on 1 i trust maclin more then Djax he has better hands he catches better in traffic....

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Freak....with the game on the line r we talking like int he RZ need this pass to win the game???? because if that is the cause Maclin all the way.....If we r talking like deep hail mary pass one on one to win the game i'd give the edge to Djax just becuase he is faster and more likely to beat his man but doesn't mean Maclin can't do it also

#25 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

DJax was having a good season prior to injury n was on pace for 1K.. DJax doesnt get fumbled from behind from Dunlup on that screen i say.. DJax has already signed, Maclin will be a FA.. So if i was FO id trade Maclin as i cant see them signing 2 WRs to good coin.. I like Maclin but not someone id sign to big money

BG 1 on 1 on our 20 yard line to win the game lol

#26 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

i wouldn't have signed Djax to big money he isn't worth it and u just said on pace for 1k again but injury which has been a theme for Djax injuries.....And Djax has 1fumble on the yr same as Maclin......And if Maclin is going to be a FA this yr we can't trade him he will hit the open market and can sign with who he pleases

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

I don't hate Djax but looking at this unbaised Maclin makes more sense..... Maclin is the better all around WR and viable deep threat, he isn't hurt as often,cost less money...... Djax big contract,injury prone, lack of scoring,more incostistent then Maclin. Djax might have this amazing 50yd catch but not make another play all game or have a good game and be non factor for 3weeks not someone worth the big bucks he is making

This truely is all specualtion though we probably won't trade a WR and have both Maclin and Djax back as r starters next season

#28 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Maclin hits FA 2015 season, so trade him next year.. Or just keep him lol But then again all the speed out wide n Foles throwing those weak deep balls it kinda a waste..

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Foles was thowing the ball to hard vs the Bucs if u remember lol Foles needs to work on his footwork he will get the deep ball under control.... a full offseason as the starter should do him wonders

#30 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Guess im seeing it from a impact now n for the future as well as eye on the cap situation we will be in..

Yip looking forward to seeing Foles develop.. Please dont waste a pick on a QB in the draft..