Photo

[News] Young Eagles Provide Instant Impact

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,023 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

The Eagles have received significant contributions from nearly every member of their most recent draft class. In Week 15’s game against the Bengals, the Eagles started five rookies. With two games ...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,583 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Baby Birds.

#3 Brodieman687

Brodieman687

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

We do have some good young talent, I wish we still had Rolle....he'd be our 2nd or 3rd best linebacker if he were on our team.

I would also like to see a trade in the future with the cardinals again. Thinking it would be nice to see the eagles let any of vick, desean, or asomugha go in order to get daryl washington, larry fitzgerald, and/or a draft pick of some sort.

Let's keep dropping our overrated players onto AZ to pick up some real potential! (I'll admit, desean is way more important to this team than asomugha or vick at this point, but we have more than enough small, elusive, quick WR's to be OK without desean, as our current offense has shown)

#4 Sebo

Sebo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Fan Since:1955

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Brian Rolle was released in October and never picked up by another team. How can he be so valuable?

#5 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

brian rolle was 5'8" and didnt have a very good vertical. Kendricks sometimes has trouble covering TE's and he is 3 inches taller with the highest vertical in the LB draft class. Clearly rolle, as good as he might have been, was a victim of stature, and his career is probably over. There is only 1 london fletcher thriving as a midget in the middle of a tall mans game

#6 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

ad brodieman... i agree with letting vick go... but he should just be straight released. Id rather have him off my team than get compensation for him. Nnamdi, we dont have to worry about as he will not be making any plays against the eagles offense when he is on another team, beause he has proven he cant cover. If im roseman, im pushing for nnamdi to go to the redskins so we can throw at him all day long. Djax is and has been a great reciever for this team. We need a big target 6'4" and 220 who we can throw to while we let djax and maclin stretch the field. Riley cooper another big man= red zone scores all day

#7 DreamTeam2012

DreamTeam2012

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

Eagles rebuilding class. I wouldnt mind giving Asomugha another year, you can blame the wide nine for the whole defense struggles. Vick on the other hand, well we blamed the line but in week one with only one starter out threw 4 INTs.

#8 thatboyCA_GM

thatboyCA_GM

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

pace is a idiot why would you rather not get compensation for vick either way he is gone. I say we let the new coach decide if its cowher he'll get rid of vick if its chip kelly or jon gruden they may keep him

and rolle wouldn't have saw the field he was too small and couldn't tackle which is most important at LB

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I dont know where you are getting Cowher from. Knowone has mentioned that he is coming back, plus it took him 14 years to win a SB with Pittsburgh. Of course Gruden would be a good fit and would be able to put together a top notch coaching staff. I just do not think he is interested in leaving his beloved MNF job. Chip Kelly is an O minded college coach and even if he got the job , which i don't believe is gonna happen. He would have NO say in the matter of keeping Vick. The GM, that will be here and the owner are going with Foles. Vick is gone and know-one is gonna want to trade for his over priced old ,hurt skinny butt.

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Shaw from Stanford is a better D minded and overall college coach then Chip. Perry Fewell is gonna get a look but it depends how the next 2 weeks goes and the playoffs, if they make it.

#11 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

i hope no one shows up to this game the fans need to make point to this team.

#12 bscheck33

bscheck33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

"Eagles rebuilding class. I wouldnt mind giving Asomugha another year, you can blame the wide nine for the whole defense struggles. Vick on the other hand, well we blamed the line but in week one with only one starter out threw 4 INTs."

I'm sorry but the formation the defensive line comes out in cannot be the reason Nnamdi constantly gets beat deep by 2nd and 3rd string recievers, get this bum outa here and lets draft a stud CB to go opposite DRC