Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jermichael Finley

37 posts in this topic

He needs to learn how to hold on to the football. If he could do that I wouldnt mind having him.

Unless Brent Celek's concussion shows evidence of being career-threatening, I'd say TE is well down on the list of Eagles 2013 off-season needs.

2 people like this

Well a TE that can catch the ball...

There's a "team-first" guy that would be different than what this team already has on the roster.

I agree. This guy is a real team player, and has amazing hands. We should give him a huge contract!

:whistle:

Talk about being a MEDIA MYTH. Wow.

No thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out what he has done in his 5 year career that warrants all this media hype about him.

In regards to what he has ACTUALLY PRODUCED ON THE FIELD, I would easily put 15 TEs ahaed of him including obviously Celek.

So the last thing the Eagles have to do is..............

1 - worry about replacing Celek

2 - bringing in a DOWNGRADE at an already strong secure position

If the below quote from that article is true, I want nothing to do with him.

Finley's disappointing season, from his poor blocking to his drops to his undisciplined route running and attitude.

These are the players that need to be purged from our own roster (not add more to it).

1 person likes this

Unless Brent Celek's concussion shows evidence of being career-threatening, I'd say TE is well down on the list of Eagles 2013 off-season needs.

Did you see how many dropped balls that guy had this year? Aside from one great year, Celek has been average at best. I love the guy, tough as all hell, but drafting a pass catching TE early is not a bad thing.

Did you see how many dropped balls that guy had this year? Aside from one great year, Celek has been average at best. I love the guy, tough as all hell, but drafting a pass catching TE early is not a bad thing.

celek is damn near a top 10 TE.

I agree. This guy is a real team player, and has amazing hands. We should give him a huge contract!

:whistle:

I wonder if fans actually watch him play or just listen to the wonderful well informed media.

Just what the Eagles need, another over hyped free agent.

But I guess if you want literally 1 of the worst blocking starting TEs in the NFL, likely the TE with the worst hands in the NFL, a TE that runs piss poor routes, can't stay healthy, takes himself out of the game with the 1st boo boo he gets,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,then yes, Finley would be your guy.

Sure, but it's not like there are 32 really good TEs. A lot of teams barely use their TEs. I'm not hating on Celek, he is what he is. He started out this year in full on beast mode but has since dropped off a bit.

Sure, but it's not like there are 32 really good TEs. A lot of teams barely use their TEs. I'm not hating on Celek, he is what he is. He started out this year in full on beast mode but has since dropped off a bit.

alot of team over use their TEs, and alot of teams dont spread the ball around like we do. The eagles the past 3-4 years have spread the ball around more then any other team in NFL history.

"Lookie Lookie here comes Cookie!"

Id take cook over Finely. I dont like people that talk alot....

"Lookie Lookie here comes Cookie!"

Id take cook over Finely. I dont like people that talk alot....

I would take Cook over Finley also. Pretty easy choice actually.

But I certainly wouldn't take Cook over Celek.

I would take Cook over Finley also. Pretty easy choice actually.

But I certainly wouldn't take Cook over Celek.

No, but Id take him over Clay and be in favor of more 2 TE sets. Clay moving to #3. Assuming moving forward we become a heavier running team

No, but Id take him over Clay and be in favor of more 2 TE sets. Clay moving to #3. Assuming moving forward we become a heavier running team

OK. I would take that. Not that I think it would be this incredible upgrade.

I thought you meant Cook over Celek. Sorry.

And can someone please explain where and how Finley came up with this belief he is a great player ???

The Packers can't wait to unload his arse.

Terrible hands and always runs his mouth.

These are the type of players we DONT need.

I'll add to that.

-poor routes

-lazy player

-always injured

-might be the worst blocking starting TE in the NFL. And not because he can't. But beacuse he doesn't want to on most plays. Just a lazy player with all the talent in the world. And this isn't year 1 or 2. He will be going into his 6th year.

If anyone is expecting him to change now, good luck.

And can someone please explain where and how Finley came up with this belief he is a great player ???

The Packers can't wait to unload his arse.

and as Urlacherzzzzz pointed out they won the SB with out him. Had some good moments but mostly hype.

Celek had a sports hernia operation. He will never be the same player.

and as Urlacherzzzzz pointed out they won the SB with out him. Had some good moments but mostly hype.

And apparently a malcontent. We learned last year that signing big names does not a team make.