- - - - -

The Giants need to fire Kevin Gilbride.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
402 replies to this topic

#1 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,993 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I've had friends who have been on this band wagon for years and honestly I have always felt they would be better off with a more traditional offensive coordinator but I didn't ever really want to officially take this position because they were scoring points.  It just seems like this year he is so predictable and has been for 8 years that every team knows exactly what the Giants are doing.  The play calling today was horrible.  I don't think they had a wide open receiver all day and the in game adjustments are just non existent.  I also don't think there is another team in the NFL that consistently lines up in shot gun on third and short.  I think it's time, it's been 8 years and they just need to show teams something different.  The Giants haven't had a winning record the second half of the year since 2008.  This year they are 2-4 since starting 6-2.  Unacceptable.

I'm going to be brutally honest, nothing I saw today makes me feel any differently about Atlanta.  They are a solid team but the Giants just flat out didn't show up to win.  They shouldn't have made the trip.  A forfeit would have been better than this effort.

#2 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

No credit to Atlanta for not letting them do what they wanted? The playcalling has been old and predictable for years, and they still managed to pull down a couple of Championships. While I do not, and probably never will respect the Falcons, they are tough as hell at home, and they came to play.

The problem today, as I saw it, was horrible Oline play. You aren't winning games with no OL, no matter how good the rest of your offense is.

#3 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,949 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Not buying the Giants' "demise" until I see it in the playoffs...

#4 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostFroggy, on 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

Not buying the Giants' "demise" until I see it in the playoffs...

They probably aren't making it in at this point

#5 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,949 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

They probably aren't making it in at this point

Did the Redskins take over the lead?

#6 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostFroggy, on 16 December 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Did the Redskins take over the lead?

Yep, they hold the tie-breaker for a better div. record, and if Dallas wins later on, the Giants fall to 3rd

#7 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,949 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yep, they hold the tie-breaker for a better div. record, and if Dallas wins later on, the Giants fall to 3rd

Still not buying the Giants demise until I see it in the playoffs...even if it's next year's playoffs.

#8 theDIRTYcode

theDIRTYcode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

At least we scored 2 points...

#9 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostFroggy, on 16 December 2012 - 04:04 PM, said:

Still not buying the Giants demise until I see it in the playoffs...even if it's next year's playoffs.

:lol:

View PosttheDIRTYcode, on 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

At least we scored 2 points...

Actually, Eli gave them those 2 pts with a grounding call out of the end zone

#10 cowboy30

cowboy30

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,287 posts
  • Team:Cowboys
  • Fan Since:the embryo

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Giants have the wildcard spot right now.

#11 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Jason Pierre-Paul@WHOISJPP
So embarrassed right now, Really WTF was that! We played like s*** Real talk.

#12 HarborTheClay

HarborTheClay

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

We beat the Giants, and we suck... nuff said...this isn't a surprise to see them get stomped.

#13 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostHarborTheClay, on 16 December 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

We beat the Giants, and we suck... nuff said...this isn't a surprise to see them get stomped.

Keep telling yourself that :roll:

#14 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

Nuff said

• Members
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

I dont get it?  We did beat the Giants and we are THE WORST team in the NFC and second worst in all of football.

#15 Eagle Jeff

Eagle Jeff

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Coughlin deserves to be fired more so than Gilbride.

#16 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Keep telling himself what???  Pretty much any team in the NFL can get stomped, if they don't bring 'it'.

#17 TheSilence

TheSilence

Ryan to Roddy: Touchdown!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Actually, Eli gave them those 2 pts with a grounding call out of the end zone
Why'd he ground it? Because he was about to be sacked by James Sanders. damn you are stupid.

The only reason the Falcons have struggled the way they have in the past playoffs is because of Mike Mularkey, the guy that is currently running the team with the 31st ranked offense. He coaches scared and didn't attack, Dirk Koetter attacked today.

#18 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostDawkinsOwnage03, on 16 December 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I dont get it?  We did beat the Giants and we are THE WORST team in the NFC and second worst in all of football.

So the Giants suck because they got beat by the Eagles? Do the Falcons suck because the Panthers beat them last week?

Ish happens. 16+ games in a season

#19 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostTheSilence, on 16 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

Why'd he ground it? Because he was about to be sacked by James Sanders. damn you are stupid.

The only reason the Falcons have struggled the way they have in the past playoffs is because of Mike Mularkey, the guy that is currently running the team with the 31st ranked offense. He coaches scared and didn't attack, Dirk Koetter attacked today.

Oh ok, my bad. Eli didn't give the Falclowns their only points in the game. :rolleyes:

If you're really that insecure and demand that they get all credit for everything, in a futile attempt to get anyone here to take you or your fraud team seriously, you're in for a long night, ya dumb redneck **** :roll:

#20 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

F you!

• Members
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Maybe they can get John Hufnagel back.

#21 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostDawkins 20, on 16 December 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

Maybe they can get John Hufnagel back.

I'm pretty sure he was silently 'neutralized' shortly after his dismissal... :ph34r:

#22 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

F you!

• Members
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure he was silently 'neutralized' shortly after his dismissal... :ph34r:

He was banished to the CFL. Pretty much the same thing.

#23 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostTheSilence, on 16 December 2012 - 06:28 PM, said:

I don't really think that had anything to do with it.  By the time Jones was hit on the "big" play the game was already virtually over.  Falcons jumping routes left and right because their DB's knew exactly where our wide outs were going to be and getting two key interceptions early in Giants territory had a lot more to do with it than the Falcons play calling.  I'll give the Falcons this credit today, they played better than the Giants.  Congratulations, the Giants wouldn't have beaten any team in the NFL today.  Nick Foles would have lead a route against them.  The effort was that pathetic.

#24 DawkinsOwnage03

DawkinsOwnage03

Nuff said

• Members
  • 22,547 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostHappyfoosball, on 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

I don't really think that had anything to do with it.  By the time Jones was hit on the "big" play the game was already virtually over.  Falcons jumping routes left and right because their DB's knew exactly where our wide outs were going to be and getting two key interceptions early in Giants territory had a lot more to do with it than the Falcons play calling.  I'll give the Falcons this credit today, they played better than the Giants.  Congratulations, the Giants wouldn't have beaten any team in the NFL today.  Nick Foles would have lead a route against them.  The effort was that pathetic.
I think Foles gets win number 2 vs the Giants.  BTW we will take killdrive here in Philly.  Killdrive > MM anyday.

#25 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

View PostDawkinsOwnage03, on 16 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

I think Foles gets win number 2 vs the Giants.  BTW we will take killdrive here in Philly.  Killdrive > MM anyday.

I've got the Eagles winning that game as well, if only because of the way this season has gone. Why not put one more kick in the nuts onto the end of it?

#26 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostDawkinsOwnage03, on 16 December 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Haha.  I bet money the Eagles come out that week like it's their freaking super bowl so who knows.  It wouldn't shock me.  This has been a miserable season for the Giants.  Up and down.  Winning games against great teams, losing games against bad teams.

Btw if you want killdrive take him.  Seriously, just send us some soft pretzels in return.

#27 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostHappyfoosball, on 16 December 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Haha.  I bet money the Eagles come out that week like it's their freaking super bowl so who knows.  It wouldn't shock me.  This has been a miserable season for the Giants.  Up and down.  Winning games against great teams, losing games against bad teams.

Btw if you want killdrive take him.  Seriously, just send us some soft pretzels in return.

Hell, lets send them the soft pretzels, along with a truck full of beer

Sadly, Killdrive isn't going anywhere. I can practically guarantee that Eli would do whatever possible to keep him there

#28 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

View PostGmen4ever, on 16 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

Hell, lets send them the soft pretzels, along with a truck full of beer

Sadly, Killdrive isn't going anywhere. I can practically guarantee that Eli would do whatever possible to keep him there

I don't know.  He has to know that the other teams have caught on to his play calling.  It used to be that within the division teams would really know what the Giants were doing, but now teams outside of the division do too.  There has been no diversity in the play calling.  Heck I think they only ran 3 different running plays today.  I don't remember the last time I saw a screen pass.  We used to get huge chunks of yardage from that.  Anyway yeah the Giants won two super bowls with him as the OC, but I think it's time for a change.  Sometimes a team just has to change for the sake of change.  Gilbride won't change, we know this.

Speaking of those 2 super bowls, we scored 17 and 21 points in those games.  That's less than a 20 ppg average as an offense... Just saying.

#29 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

King of the Castle

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostHappyfoosball, on 16 December 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

I don't know.  He has to know that the other teams have caught on to his play calling.  It used to be that within the division teams would really know what the Giants were doing, but now teams outside of the division do too.  There has been no diversity in the play calling.  Heck I think they only ran 3 different running plays today.  I don't remember the last time I saw a screen pass.  We used to get huge chunks of yardage from that.  Anyway yeah the Giants won two super bowls with him as the OC, but I think it's time for a change.  Sometimes a team just has to change for the sake of change.  Gilbride won't change, we know this.

Speaking of those 2 super bowls, we scored 17 and 21 points in those games.  That's less than a 20 ppg average as an offense... Just saying.

From what I remember reading somewhere, Killdrive sends in 3-4 plays at a time, and Eli picks the play(s) he wants to run. I agree that the offense largely sucks and is boring and predictable. It has almost reached a point where even I can tell you whats coming next based on the formation or the situation. 3rd and 11? Draw. 4th and 1? Sweep left. 1st and 2nd downs are practically guaranteed to be runs every single time. It also seems as if when they find themselves in a 3rd and long situation, which is an almost constant thing, none of the receivers ever has a clue as to where the marker is.

I wish he would go away. However, because Eli is comfortable with him, and they've won 2 rings, he's not going anywhere. My biggest fear is that TC retires, and they give him the job. I could not watch this team with him at the helm. Seriously.

#30 L.E.

L.E.

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,307 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I don't see what all the commotion is about. This is the normal script for the Giants. Start strong, finish slow, make it up in the playoffs.

The Falcons earned a little respect from me today, that was an arse whipping, but I still won't count on them in the playoffs and I won't count the Giants out. If they squeak in, they're my pick.