Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvastatin

Adrian Peterson

55 posts in this topic

Eric Dickerson currently has the NFL single season rushing record with 2105 yards. Can AP beat it? Needs to average 147 yards in the final two games to beat it.

Carries-Yards-Average

01. 17-84-4.9

02. 16-60-3.8

03. 25-86-3.4

04. 21-102-4.9

05.17-88-5.2

06. 17-79-4.6

07. 23-153-6.7

08. 15-123-8.2

09. 17-182-10.7

10. 27-171-6.3

11. Bye

12. 18-108-6

13. 21-210-10

14. 31-154-5

15. 24-212-8.8

16. ????

17. ????

I think him and Calvin beat the records this season

I think he will do it. Look at his stats from last 8 games! Not only has he been getting better knee-injury-wise, but that offensive line has been playing much better.

I have really liked AP since his first game at OU (I'm in Big 12 country so I did watch that game) and way back then I had believed he would be a great NFL player. I think it is now time to start the discussion if he is the greatest RB in history. I would say yes after what he has done this year, whether he breaks the single season record or not.

I think he will do it. Look at his stats from last 8 games! Not only has he been getting better knee-injury-wise, but that offensive line has been playing much better.

I have really liked AP since his first game at OU (I'm in Big 12 country so I did watch that game) and way back then I had believed he would be a great NFL player. I think it is now time to start the discussion if he is the greatest RB in history. I would say yes after what he has done this year, whether he breaks the single season record or not.

No, if you're saying he has a chance one day then I would agree but he doesn't belong in that discussion this early in his career.

No, if you're saying he has a chance one day then I would agree but he doesn't belong in that discussion this early in his career.

Obviously longevity plays a big role in the GOAT discussion, but if he was killed in car/plane accident tonight he would still have to be considered in the discussion. What he has accomplished over his career thus far has been amazing. What he has done this year alone, especially considering the career threatening injury from last season, has been nothing short of miraculous. It is time for him to be put in that discussion.

Hope he breaks it and get MVP.

My friend who is a lifelong packers fan hopes AP breaks the record.

Less than a year off a torn ACL nonetheless. Guy is unbelievable, it's amazing we're even the same species as him

1 person likes this

Peterson is a beast but he has no shot at MVP.

At 2500 yards rushing it still goes to Peyton Manning.

MVP is a popularity contest.

See the Indy-Chicago Super Bowl -- Addai, Rhodes, Hayden, Sanders, the O-line as a unit, then the 82 rated QB in that order -- who got the award?

It was probably based on Peyton's strong playoff run of 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

this guy isn't human. I'm literally serious, he is not in the same species as us.

1 person likes this

Peterson is a beast but he has no shot at MVP.

At 2500 yards rushing it still goes to Peyton Manning.

MVP is a popularity contest.

See the Indy-Chicago Super Bowl -- Addai, Rhodes, Hayden, Sanders, the O-line as a unit, then the 82 rated QB in that order -- who got the award?

It was probably based on Peyton's strong playoff run of 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

I give PManning that MVP because he ran and orchestrated that offense. Horrible conditions in the rain/etc, and he is the one calling out different O-Line protections, checking down or audibling to run plays or whatever the scenario called for.

I think it is now time to start the discussion if he is the greatest RB in history. I would say yes after what he has done this year, whether he breaks the single season record or not.

No way, not yet. He still has ways to go.Hes not up with the top tier yet with Jim Brown, Walter Payton, O.J. Barry, Emmit, Van buren, Faulk, and Dickerson. Hes right below that though, creeping up imo.

this guy isn't human. I'm literally serious, he is not in the same species as us.

This. I was just saying the same basic thing earlier today when talking about him. Coming back from the injury he had and having a potentially record setting year is unbelievable. A normal human heck a normal pro football player probably is just getting close to what they were at this point and he's better than ever? WTF?

I hope he breaks it. I hope he wins MVP.

I do have to give credit to Peyton for what he's doing this year. After last year I wasn't expecting much of anything out of Manning and he's having an amazing come back year himself still I want someone other than a QB to get it for a change.

Keep in mind that he came back from a season ending college injury as well.

No way, not yet. He still has ways to go.Hes not up with the top tier yet with Jim Brown, Walter Payton, O.J. Barry, Emmit, Van buren, Faulk, and Dickerson. Hes right below that though, creeping up imo.

teir 1 Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry, BO, Faulk

teir 2 AP, Emmit, Van buren, Dickerson, Marcus Allen

If the season ended today, I think AP should get the MVP. Peterson has been doing what he's been doing on an offense that ranks dead-last in passing offense. Combine that w/ the ACL...

However, they'll probably give the award to Peyton & just let AP get comeback POY.

How many people picked Ryan Matthews over him in FF??

:roll:

teir 1 Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry, BO, Faulk

teir 2 AP, Emmit, Van buren, Dickerson, Marcus Allen

AP is better than Emmit. I don't even want to hear that.

If Minny makes the playoffs, AP should get serious consideration for MVP. What he's done this season is unreal. Seeing as though he tore multiple ligaments in his knee less than a year ago, makes this even more amazing.

If AP breaks the rushing record and Minny makes the playoffs, at the very least he should get comeback player of the year.

MVP should go to AP..without him the vikings are a small step above the chiefs. Denver was a playoff team last year too.

AP is better than Emmit. I don't even want to hear that.

Could you imagine the yards AP puts up in a Offense like that. We would be talking about him breaking 3000 yards.
1 person likes this