Photo

[Spadaro] Critical 2 Games For QB Foles

This topic is in the process of being archived.
391 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,304 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

By the time the Eagles get back on the practice field, Nick Foles will have watched the loss to Cincinnati every which way possible, and will have digested, disseminated and critically analyzed his performance. And then he will look ahead ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

ready to see Foles bounce back and have a great game vs the skins... hopefully Shady will return and provide some sort of ground game since we really haven't had one for 2weeks.

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Is Chris Polk still ailing from his toe injury???? Would be nice to see him get a few carries as well in the final 2weeks.... If Polk can provide the big thumper style of RB he was in college to the NFL i believe he should be one of the 3Rbs we carry on r team next season along with Bryce and Shady don't see a need for 4RBs on roster....Sorry for Dion Lewis he would be the odd man out

#4 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

hope fans sit this one out why pay to see **** float.

#5 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Im with you BG. Lets see if what Polk has. I'd like to see them split carries with Polk and Lewis and see which one to keep next year.
Cmon steelers!

#6 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

BG> I posted that I hoped shady be back for this game and I was attacked by other posters who said Y play shady? For what? Obviously we could use him since he turns negative runs into positive. Plus i feel its unfair that Foles is down almost all his starters and shady will help balance the offense

#7 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Darksnake....to me I find it disrespectful for a perfectly healthy player not wanting to play just because the season is over the players r out there for one another that is how u build a bond with teammates.... Shady is that kind of player that will give 110% even if the season is pretty much over.

I fully understand limiting Shady workload(not like he ever got used right anyway by MM) to see what some of the younger guys can do like Polk(not so much Dion and Bryce since we have seen them both)

#8 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

The team can play Shady, but why not find out why they kept Polk? Shady unfortunately cant call the plays, so I dont know that he would stabilize the O at this point. You may be right though.

#9 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Seattle is crushing the bills now after man handling the Cards last week.... If the seahawks score 4 more points they would have over 100points in 2games..... This is a team I would not want to face come playoff time Russell Wilson is playing like a vet, Lnych is running strong and that Seattle D is fierce and makes plays.

#10 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yea id definitly like to see what polk can bring to the table. Shady, polk, and brown need to play. Too bad we dont run the ball though. Iggy looked good on that ONE run play making 2 blocks. Like to see him used more there and also see what he can do in the passing game.
BG> I told my friends that seattle would win their division b4 the season started and they laughed at me. I might not have been right about winning their division but i did recognize the talent there.

#11 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

BG> who do you think we should draft with our first pick? I'm thinking Teo but wouldnt mind Star or Luke. Knowing our luck we will probably end up trading down and out of the top 10

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Darksnake....my top 3 choice in the draft would be
1.Star(Utah DT)
2. Milliner(bama CB)
3.Te'o

#13 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

let's unhook from MV and trade him while he still has some value...do it now don't wait til later.....

#14 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I have openly stated i don't believe in taking an OL in the first round this yr..... Starters next season would be JP,mathis,Kelce,TH,Kelly..... Draft another T in the 3rd-4th maybe 2nd round if there is a guy to good to pass up to battle for the starting RT spot with kelly and add depth.

#15 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I look in my crystal ball and I see Redskins-loss, Giants-loss.

#16 PhillyPhan101

PhillyPhan101

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1980

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Need to see more of Lewis ....all because his little hotel fire alarm incident he been punished to third string and barely any carries .......another wasted back like Polk....the toe thing is a front for MOronwegs insanity case .
Be stoked if this squeelers and boys game ended in a tie ...Really dislike them both
Seattle (my back up team) is stomping ...something for moi to cheer about

#17 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

BG> I am all for peters being our LT but arent you worried that he wont perform like his old self? Its hard to land a franchise LT and the experts are saying that Luke might be that good. I'm not saying definitly get him but I just don't want to go through another season with a lot of injuries at our O line

#18 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hope we can get some high draft picks with Vick, nnmadi, or d jac.

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

darksnake....truely no i'm not that worried about JP I know i probably shouldbe there is a chance he might not play like he used to... But it JP he has always been reliable when healthy and i think he will be better then ever next season..... Add in a good prospect T somewhere in rounds 2-4 who is a capable backup and potienal starter and i'll be happy.... Also truely if we were worried about the T spot there r quite a few good T hitting the open market in 2013 could look there for a FA(yea i know the whole Bell thing but he never was a good LT he struggled witht he Bills as well)

#20 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

BG> When i think of bell or king for that matter i roll my eyes. I'm actually starting to hate signing players from free agency. Costs a lot of money and they are usually busts. I feel we need to build this team through the draft and the occasional trade

#21 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

BG> I really do like Teo . Plus i recognize Star is a beast and could make our line very good. I dont think patterson or jenkins will be back imo and star would make sense 4 us. At the same time they are already projecting Star to end up with raiders one pick b4 us and thats y ive been rooting for the raiders today. Also, i read somewhere that DT is suppose to be a strength in this years draft.

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Lol darksnake....signing FA the right way will help things signing every FA with a big name like Howie has done is y we end up with busts..... Nnamdi as great as teh sign might have sounded we signed an over 30 CB was a great CB in a horrible secondary,Bell injury proned LT for the Bills was always up and down, Steve Smith he just had that microfracture surgey should have know he wasn't ready,Ronnie Brown was a wildcat success and was used wrong here in Philly,Jason Babin was only signed because of us hiring Washburn.

U have to be smart with ur FA signing find guys that fit ur system guys the coaches like etc. not just sign them becuase they r a big name.

guys in FA I wouldn't mind looking into r like Sean Smith(CB Miami), Jake Long(OT miami) Branden Albert(KC OT)

#23 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

BG> I hear you but we have a trend. I am hopeful when reid and certain others are gone things will look up

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I love reading these articles for Ideal caoches for the eagles next season..... Alot people feel like me that Bill O'Brien should be the guy if only we could get him to leave Penn St.... If not my backup guy will do just as good also in David Shaw

#25 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

BG> U didnt hear that marty moron is gonna be our new head coach, lol?

#26 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

But in all seriousness we need a coach thats way more balanced on the O side

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

If that happened i would DEMAND that Lurie sold the eagles and be banished from PA never to return and he could take MM and Howie and everyone else on his staff with him for allowing it lol

Seriously though if Lurie did that he might be just as hated as Lebron James in Cleveland in the city of Philly

#28 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

lol that would doom us and would have to get medicine to watch eagles games

#29 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

BG> Is childress still coaching? He ran a 4 3 D and ran the ball all the time with AP. I think he be a good step in the right direction possibly

#30 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,160 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Childress as a HC i'd pass he was pretty much a failure as a HC with the Vikings....But yes i want to say Childress is the OC for some team(i want to say the browns but that might be wrong maybe Bills????)