Photo

[News] Vick: I'm Here To Help This Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,881 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Quarterback Michael Vick has a unique perspective on life that has helped him deal with his new role on the Eagles. After being away from the game for two years due to his imprisonment, Vick is app...

View the full article

#2 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

This team was so arrogant from the gate. They said words like too much talent, Dynasty, and Dream Team. (Young wasn't the only one) I love after one of the blow out games when DRC said, " No one really beat us". I know he was trying to say we beat ourselves... But let's face it we suck! If walks, talks, and looks like a duck! This team was so vain from the start with self center individuals who cared only about their stats instead of the team. We had people who were put in starter roles and never had to work or win them. No one is every held accountable for their actions either...Arrgghh!!? Im just so frustrated with this team! The NFC East is up for grabs and were already out of it! Plus, on top of it I was sick and tired of seeing Cowgirls jerseys everywhere. They're finally coming out of their hiding spots and it sucks. Smh

#3 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

VICKS COMMENTS ARE WELL SAID. tHE PLANNING FOR NEXT SEASON IS UNDERWAY.

Let's see what others have to say on the boards.

#4 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Amen to that! And it's still happening, ACCOUNTABLILITY! Too many passes being given to players from rookies to vets. If you start on any team then you need to be held accountable for your play.

#5 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

applestillskins said:

"I'm just so frustrated with this team! The NFC East is up for grabs and were already out of it! Plus, on top of it I was sick and tired of seeing Cowgirls jerseys everywhere. They're finally coming out of their hiding spots and it sucks."

I hear ya. The Eagles had a good enough team on paper to be in the play-off hunt but we didn't perform upto potential.

#6 sambo4

sambo4

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

Just in that little bit Vick said....I counted SIX times he either said I or I'm....and theres no I's in team. This is about the TEAM finding out if their young QB can play or not, and if the TEAM has a QB or has to go get one. Uh...I think we seen Vick play in the NFL for over 10 years and know his game....by now. I like Mike and all, but am dissapointed he come out and say he totally understands why their doing what their doing....instead of sounding like he wants a pity party or something. He didnt' sweat it when he took Kolbs job, right?

should say...."but am dissapointed he DIDN'T come out and say...."

#7 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sambo4,

I don't know how you process information when you read, but I didn't detect anything negative in what Vick was quoted as saying in the post above. He has to use "I" he is speaking in the first person and expressing his thoughts based on questions he was asked during the interview for this article. By the way since we are being picky, your counting is BAD there were a lot more "I"s in the quotes than 6 and that doesn't include "I've", "I'm",...

#8 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Some of these fans just don't like Vick no matter what he says or does. A 4 time pro bowler, he has nothing to prove to anyone. A stand up guy, you have to respect it.

#9 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Ok, after watching last Thursday's game I have come to realize that we are being out coached all around. Think about this, there are coaches that teach special teams and bottom line it showed last Thursday. When the Bengals did a kickoff that looked like something straight off a madden game, I said wow they actually practiced that and worked it to perfection on us. How come they can practice this and we can't? Also, how come other teams can practice stripping the ball? Are there no coaches that teach holding on to the ball? If they can practice stripping the ball, then can't we practice holding on to the ball? If they can practice special team kickoffs, can't we practice special team returns? This sickens me that our team gets out coached week in and week out! These are Andy Reid's coaches that he has in place to teach our players how to return kickoff and how to hold on to the ball. Our coaches fail where their coaches succeed, and we need a change! We need to look at what these teams are doing to us and improvise. If our team has a turnover problem then we need the best coaches available that will prevent turnovers, if our team has special team problems then we need the best coaches available that will fix these problems. I know these coaches are out there because other teams are showing us! Once again "I'm sick of it"

#10 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

!4 turnovers in less then a whole year is awful. He knows he has to say the right things, so he gets a shot next year. Vick brought it on himself when he made the boneheaded move to fight dogs. I agree he paid his debt and my only concern is that he is a turnover machine. But, i can see why people could just not like the guy as a person. How many millionaires have illegal dog fighting rings. For me it is the fact that he is careless with the ball , doesn't step up in the pocket and still does not see the whole field. Foles looks better as a rookie. We need a true pocket passer. Look at Peyton Brady and Rodgers. Foles has better chance of being a top notch pocket QB, that is tall with a big arm. That is exciting, I can not remember when we had this type of a QB. He has a chance to be good for a while.

#11 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

The special teams just gets worst and worst. April is a joke. The whole coaching staff except the new D line coach have shown no improvement Christ sakes ., teach them to hold onto the ball.. All year fumble after fumble. That is coaching, I agree. To get beat by the bungles. When the whole first half, they had it in the bag. Sickening. If we didn't have all these turnovers , we would be fighting for a playoff spot. What a Joke.

#12 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

@EAGLESNY1 I feel the same way about Ben Roethlisberger. How many millionaires sexually abuse multiple women? You've to be wicked to sexually abuse a woman. And what's so hypocritical is that Big Ben wasn't required to pay his debt to society for sexually abusing those young women.Big Ben was only suspended for four games for sexually abusing peoples daughters. Fans and the media forgave old Big Ben, I guess dogs are more precious than women. The other factor is that it depends on who commits the crime if you can forgive and forget.