HC Chip Kelly- The head man at Oregon will be a head coach in the NFL next year it seems. He is a very offensive minded coach who loves speed and it is required and coveted in his team. The fast paced pro style offense would make him a great OC but his lack off defense could hold him back from being a great coach.
OC Bruce Arians- What he has done with this team is nothing less than incredible. Yes Chuck Pagano has been the main guy motivating the team, but Arians has led this team to a remarkable season. He is another offensive minded coach but is a motivator and has a high football IQ, and that is why he could win coach of the year.
Ex HC Jon Gruden- Yet another offensive coach, but he is a proven winner and a super bowl winner none the less. He is a proven good coach with the Bucs and has been linked to the Eagles more than anyone else. Many people think he will end up being the next Eagles coach but he might not want to return to football.
OC Mike Mccoy- The fact that he has made Kyle Orton look like a good QB in the past along with Tebow is remarkable in itself. Now look what he is doing with Peyton Manning. Peyton is a great QB and sometimes can coach himself but he has made this team look much better on offense than they should be.
HC Sean Payton- Sean has been one of the best coaches in the game. He has a Super Bowl win as well and with an expired contract and the Saints doing well it is possible he may slip away from them. This is probably the best option and itll be fun to watch what he decides to do.
Other possibilites: Packers OC Tom Clements, 49ers DC Vic Fangio, Stanford HC David Shaw, ND HC Brian Kelly, Ex HC Bill Cower, Bengals OC Jay Gruden.
Head Coach: Bruce Arians- As much as I'd love Sean Payton, there is no way he leaves the Saints, I just dont see it happening. Don't be surprised if Reid is back for another year because theres no better replacement. When all is said and done however, I think Bruce will end up as the head man for the Eagles. What he has done with the Colts is incredible as he has taken over and led last years worst team to a possible playoff team. Some people might not like him but I see promise and a lot of realism in him being the next Eagles coach.
Offensive Coordinator: Cam Cameron- Remember when the Eagles has a top of the line offense? It was because they could make big plays and Cam can help that happen. Not only is it hard to imagine Marty returning after this year, but if Reid is gone you cant expect them to keep Marty. Cam Cameron was fired in favor of Jim Caldwell and that clearly has worked. He now almost has an identical team as he did in Baltimore hen you look at it. A strong armed QB, Nick Foles because the way he has played he deserves a chance and although I dont fully believe in him he earned it with his performance and a shaky draft class. A RB who is also an excellent receiver, a speedy receiver, an agile receiver and a good oline. This is a good fit and could really benefit everyone.
Defensive Coordinator: Mike Singletary- When you ask most fans about the Eagles defense they will say the same thing for the most part. They are a soft group who lost its edge and cant find chemistry. Enter Mike, the exact opposite of soft. An ex linebacker and a hard nosed man who can find the potential in this group. This would be an amazing pick up for the Eagles and would immensely help their defense.
QB Mike Vick (Adds 10mil)- Although he does have a lot of heart, this seems really obvious.
OT Demetress Bell (Adds 9.6 mil)- This shouldnt need any explantation.
DT Mike Patterson (Adds 4 mil)- I love him but there is no way he can play football anymore it is just adding up on him.
CB Nnamdi Asomugha- He has not reached his potential in Philly, but maybe a new coach can get that out of him. Regardless they don't have a backup and need him for a lower price. ( Adds 6 mil)
Estimated Cap- 34mil depending on the roll over.
CB DRC- Although he hasn't finished strong, the Eagles don't have many other options. He had a pretty damn good start to his season too. 3 years 12million.
LB Akeem Jordan- He is starting but wont be for long. A decent LB that can be used for many purposes. 4 years 4million.
LS Jon Dorenbos- A fan favorite Eagle. No reason for him not to stay. 1 year 550k.
G Jake Scott- A veteran backup who is doing good right now and the Eagles will need to keep around a few vets. 1 year 2 million. 1year 1 million.
DE Daryl Tapp-Has had a quiet season but I think the Eagles still want him back for a minimum deal.
FS Jairus Byrd- The Eagles need a safety, I think Nate Allen can hold hit own but Kurt isn't that good in coverage. 3 years/15mil
Other Possibilites: Dashon Goldson, LaRon Landry
OT Andre Smith- A former top 10 pick is finally starting to come around. He probably will not resign in Cini and would allow Todd to go back to his normal guard position making this one of the better lines in the league. 4 years/20mil
Other Possibilities: Jake Long, Branden Albert, Ryan Clady.
CB Sam Shields-Had an amazing rookie campaign, the best is his 2010 NFC Defensive player. Now he is being forgotten about after his troubles. I think he should get a second chance and with a year behind Nnamdi he might be a real good player that comes cheap. 3 years 12 million
Other Possibilities: Tracy Porter, Brent Grimes
DT Terrance Knighton- A under the radar run stopper that the Eagles could use. This would be a nice addition to a team who needs a gritty guy. 4 years 15 million
Other Possibilities: Glenn Dorsey
DT Cullen Jenkins-He was very good last year, but with his production going down and his salary at $5.5 million, he needs a new deal or to be trade him. Trade him to a contender aka the Falcons or Broncos. I think they can trade Cullen Jenkins + a 6th round pick + a 2014 5th round pick for the Falcons 3rd.
Right now the Eagles have the #4 pick and will probably finish with #4,5 or 6. The Arizona has the #11 pick. They trade their 2013 1st + 2nd pick and 2014 1st pick. Why? Well the Eagles have a solid line and after seeing Suggs come back I feel like Peters can come back and still be good and I know they are different people but there is still a shot. Arizona has one of the worst olines this league has seen in a long time so like the Rams did last year they move down to get who they want. Arizona moves up to take OT Luke Jockel and helps their poor line and QB.
1) LB Manti Teo- He is probably the best player in college football right now. The best part about him is his heart. He is the heart and soul of the Notre Dame team that is now in the championship. With Demeco Ryans only getting older he needs a back up, and Teo could be it after a few years and the strongside. Most analysts think he doesnt have the athletic ability but he is an improved version of Luke Kuechly last year, a smart player but Teo has much more heart and the leader the Eagles need. He goes down a bit because of his position and because the needs of other teams.
2) CB David Amerson- Preseason he was suppose to be the best corner and compete for the best defensive player. After a down year he is looking lower than before, he may get into the first round but it would be easy for him to slip to the beginning of the 2nd round. Another great pick up and a tall physical corner.
2) WR Da'Rick Rogers- CBS calls him a "Julio Jones clone" although he more than likely won't be that good that says a lot about him. He was a #1 in the SEC and he put up incredible numbers even though every team game plans for him. That says a lot about him and a 6'3 receiver who was labelled as one of the most physical WR's in the game is a great attribute. He can play slot to, imagine him pair with Desean and Maclin, adding height and more speed to an already fast core. He may go in the first round but if he is on the board this is where you have to go.
3)OT D.J. Fluker- Part of one of the best olines in college history. He is a very good player and very gritty which the Eagles need. This would be an incredible pick up here and would really help their line moving forward as a backup/ replacement to Peters. The Eagles don't have much depth and Fluker could play right away and make an impact. D.J. would really help this oline as they get older.
3) DE William Gholston- Before the year he was suppose to be in the runnings for defensive player of the year in college football. He had a quiet year but is still a very good player and is a leader in the locker room. This would be another great pick for the Eagles. Yet another known leader because the Eagle clearly do not have enough of them.
4) DT Jordan Hill- A two-time Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week honoree this season, his tackle total was No. 3 among Big Ten defensive linemen. An underrated player that can impact this team in due time. He also was a Big Ten 1st teamer and was the voice that kept a Penn State team that was in shambles together, you have to respect that.
5) CB Tryrann Mathieu- A true ballhawk that couldve been a 1st rounder this year had he stayed in college. He can play all over the field and could possibly help this team going forward.
7) OG Blaize Folts- I am not sure if it is because of his name but i have seen him mocked to the Eagles a few times now. He could be a diamond in the rough as olineman often times are.
Other names to watch for in the draft: OT Luke Jockel, WR Justin Hunter, DT Star Lotulelei, OLB Jarvis Jones, QB Geno Smith, CB Dee Miller, OT Jake Matthews, FS Philip Thomas, SS Robert Lester, FS Eric Reid, FS T.J. Mcdonald, SS Matt Elam.
- The Eagles safeties have taken a lot of heat, but the dline hasn't gotten pressure and its always been a concern with the run game for this team. There really isn't a good chance for them to succeed. Nate Allen looked very promising a few years ago and can be good.
- Too many free agents shouldn't be expected. A handful of solid players can come and bring youth and hope to an already young team, but don't expect many big names. Maybe 1 because of the Eagles massive cap.
- DRC has bee very inconsistent but he is still a very good player as he held AJ Green to 60 yards and played great of late and in the beginning of the year. I think the ex probowler should return because of the potential he has.
- The coaching staff could remain and it wouldn't surprise me. But after Lurie's statement he almost has no choice to fire a great coach who some do not like.
- This team is very young and if they get a good coaching staff to unsoften them and maximize their talent this young team can still be very good.