[News] Around Whom Will D Be Re-Built?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
342 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,571 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Some how, somewhere, the Eagles must add a diifference-making player or two for a defense that needs to get back its bite, and then some ...

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

We need to build this D around Ryans who will be r leader and get players around him to help. Draft Utah DT to help open up things on the DL and provide the big run stuffer to pair with Cox. I'd look for a CB like Xavier Rhodes in the 2nd round to give a big physcial pressence on the outside. Then at S draft Matt Elam or if we r lucky Kenny Vacarro in the 3rd round

#3 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Next yr if everything would fall into place I would like the D to look something like this
LDE-Graham
DT-Cox
DT-Star(Utah DT)
RDE-Cole

SAM-Chaney
MLB-Ryans
WILL-Kendricks

LCB-DRC
SS-Kenny Vacarro
FS-Bryd
RCB-Xavier Rhodes

Slot CB-Boykin

Other FA I wouldn't mind looking into Terrance Knighton(Jags DT),Sean Smith(Miami CB)

#4 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I like it BG! Not familiar with your draft picks, but I trust you've done your homework there. If they are really good, you won't get both of them though. Ryans is DEFINITELY a keeper!

#5 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Senhorcook....I did answer ur question about Bama I don't believe they have a S coming out this season....

To be honest if Colt Anderson keeps up his play I truely believe he should atleast be given a shot to start next season.....

maybe I am getting alittle ahead of myself but I think Anderson could be an Eric Weddle type of S for us

#6 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Dave, really? Nate Allen gets a pass with you for his absolutely pathetic, and I mean pathetic, performances all season long? NO WAY!  C'mon Dave. I went to three games and watched the safeties heavily and Nate Allen was lost on the field more than any defensive player I have ever watched. Coleman bit hard against the run often, but Allen simply has very little football IQ. I won't give him a pass. Find some new safeties immediately!

Anderson has outplayed both Allen and Coleman. Agreed!

But out of fairness, outplaying Allen and Coleman isn't asking much.

#7 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Colt of course has outplayed them that is easily but he has played good for any standard of S.... he has been aggressive at the line and great in coverage. Did u see him contest with Aj Green he almost came down the pick that was impressive AJ has what 5-6inches atleast on Colt

#8 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I loved Colts play vs the run two weeks ago. It was awesome!

If Allen stays on the field the Eagles may as well blitz him on every play since he can't cover and that way he won't have to figure anything out.

#9 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

BG: Raiders won so that helps us if we want to try and get Star but in order for us to stay in contention in getting a high pick we would need to lose the remaining 2 games... If we start winning you might as well consider Star a raider

#10 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Dave: We need to see more of Marsh to see what were going to do at CB in the offseason

#11 Casey @ bat

Casey @ bat

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

View Postsenhorcook, on 17 December 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

I loved Colts play vs the run two weeks ago. It was awesome!

If Allen stays on the field the Eagles may as well blitz him on every play since he can't cover and that way he won't have to figure anything out.

The problem with that is he's afraid of contact. He's complete garbage.

#12 Dr Funt

Dr Funt

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Take Bri back! The bored with thank you.

#13 McCoyRocks25

McCoyRocks25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Bleeding green..... Bama does have a safety coming out this year, Robert Lester, hes just not as big of a name as barron was last year

#14 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

Spuds, really?  Graham and Allen came out and year.  Both got injured same year.  The only one proving his worth right now is Graham.  Allen can't seem to play at a high level.  Let Anderson and Sims start the last two games, draft Elam from Florida to compete with them and go after Byrd real hard.  Draft Star or the other big nasty from Ohio State, draft a corner, preferably Xavier Rhodes, and then stock up on OL and DL with lower picks.  If the Iggles don't make a hard push for Byrd then there is something seriously wrong with the FO.

#15 ho2fman

ho2fman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Cole is old and slow

#16 eagleyankfan

eagleyankfan

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Even I can't pick on Spuds -- he's just trying to find that silver lining.  

I'm just glad we stopped hearing about the terrible excuse that the Eagles missed the pre-season last year as their reason for stinking up the joint.  No excuses this year.

I never thought an 8-8 team can get worse....embarrassed as a fan ...

Don't under estimate the higher draft pick.....

#17 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

did this idiot say cole is old and slow?  must be a cowboys fan

#18 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

ho2fman: are you american? if your hating on trent cole clearly your not... jeeze never thought id see the day when someone with and eagles website account mistakenly called our hero old and slow

#19 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Guess he didn't watch the Bengals game Dub.  Cole was all over the place

#20 odin8888

odin8888

Yo, Tsup?

• Members
  • 20,917 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Team needs a top safety, dont know which round you find him, but we need a TOP Safety prospect!

#21 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I say keep Ryans & pay him.  We haven't had a solid MLB for years here.  Cole's time might be up, I like the guy, but we got depth at DE and we need to spend $ elsewhere.  Not sure about Allen, but maybe he sticks around as a backup and we grab a S off FA or in the draft.  Everyone else on this list deserves a roster spot imo.

Dave WHERE IS NNAMDI ON THIS LIST???  

Oh right....he better not be around here next season so I guess he's not worth mentioning, certainly not as someone to "build" around.

#22 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I only see 3 guys on this list that should be an eagle next year.  Graham, Cox, Ryans.  The others can take a hike, maybe Kendricks will make the cut but none of the rest jump out as a person you want to build a defense around.

#23 DKC2003

DKC2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Dave... you must be high. To even mention Nate Allen in this article is an insult to the collective intelligence of true Eagles fans. Nate Allen is a monumental bust and everyone knows it. He can't cover, he can't tackle, he looks completely lost. In my opinion, this defense needs to release about 50% of its current starters and go from there.

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Boykin does he is willing tackling CB who has been improving each week he will become a fine CB. Also Cedric Thorton provides gret depth I don't know as a starter but a rotational guy yes. Trent Cole is aging but he provides a vetern leadership plus he still the best damn run defender on r DL we can always get another DE to help against the pass rush they aren't that hard to find(vinny Curry might be that person)

#25 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,893 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Who will be the DC next year? That is a bigger ?

#26 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Whole9...We need a big nasty to pair with Cox.  I want players who will instill fear into the opponent.  Also need a safety, preferably Vacarro or Elam in the draft.  And I want to see them land Byrd in FA

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

3D....We can't ask that question until we know who the HC is...... some people I wouldn't mind though Ron Rivera(if fired),Monte Kiffen,Spags(if leaves the siants)

#28 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

BG...I'm literally praying every night that they take a big nasty for the DL with their first pick.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Everyone on this list is worthy to be on r D next yr minus Nate Allen......
Ryans/Cole bring the vetern leadership to a young group of players also both r great agaisnt the run. Graham has been just a BEAST best DL on r team,
Curry shows the hussle I love to see in r guys he never stops on a play, Cedric Thorton has been the second best DT on r team only behind Cox,
Boykin has had a good rookie yr he has gotten beat but that was to be expected one thing i love is he is fully willing to tackle he doesn't shy away from contact.
Kendricks has been up and down all yr but has shown the flashes to be a good LB think he will be much better now that he is playing WILL

#30 disgustedfan25

disgustedfan25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

BG...Any news out there that the Bills are in talks with Byrd?