Photo
- - - - -

After what the Broncos...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

did to the Baltimore Ravens this past sunday in Baltimore , where the Ravens had won 16 of 17 games, I think as os right now there is NO-TEAM in the AFC that will beat the Denver Broncos in the AFC postseason IMO.

When the Broncos lost to the Texans and the Pats it was still real early in the season and they wernet all on the same page as of yet IMO.

I think there is NO-ONE standing in the way of the DENVER BRONCOS getiing to the Super Bowl in N.O. this feburary

#2 Solomon

Solomon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,875 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

I'd like to see Broncos - Packers, and I think Broncos win that.

#3 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

New England already beat Denver, and I see it happening again...

#4 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

New England already beat Denver, and I see it happening again...

That was back in like week #5 or so. Thats before they hit thier peak and started thier 9gm winning streak.

I would see Denver pulling the game out espically since as of right now it would be played in Denver

#5 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,576 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

If it's Brady vs Peyton, I'm taking Brady. Not to take anything away from Peyton, but he's just not the same QB in the playoffs.

#6 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,771 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

I've been saying Denver to the Bowl for the last 5 weeks...how perfect would a Manning Bowl be in February in Eli/Peyton's hometown? Ratings gold...

#7 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

If it's Brady vs Peyton, I'm taking Brady. Not to take anything away from Peyton, but he's just not the same QB in the playoffs.

This...

Peyton chokes in the playoffs, the guy is 9-10 in the playoffs, and what's disturbing his play goes down in the playoffs, he's thrown 29 TD and 19Int, every single regular season stats takes a dive in the playoffs, he's the greatest regular season QB to ever live....

#8 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Imagine it now

SuperBowl sunday... Feburary 3, 2013 6:18pm

Denver Broncos --VS-- New York Giants

The Manning bowl. IYO during a normal 60min SC show would be spent talking about Peyton vs little brother Eli..... PUKE

Yes I want Denver Broncos OR Baltimore Ravens to advance to the SB in NO in 7 weeks or so, but please dont let if be a Manning bowl!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,166 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I've been saying Denver to the Bowl for the last 5 weeks...how perfect would a Manning Bowl be in February in Eli/Peyton's hometown? Ratings gold...

The Super Bowl would be ratings gold if it was Jacksonville against Carolina. :-)

#10 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

This...

Peyton chokes in the playoffs, the guy is 9-10 in the playoffs, and what's disturbing his play goes down in the playoffs, he's thrown 29 TD and 19Int, every single regular season stats takes a dive in the playoffs, he's the greatest regular season QB to ever live....

Take into account that the Pats always had alot better teams then the Colts also. You saw what happened when you took Manning off the colts they were 1-15 or 2-14. Brady is a great QB (by no means was I trying to say he isnt) but if you put Manning on those same Pats teams, Manning wins atleast the 3 SB's that Brady won if not 1-2 more IMO

#11 rich36

rich36

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,771 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

The Super Bowl would be ratings gold if it was Jacksonville against Carolina. :-)

I'd tune into National Geographic channel instead of that matchup!

#12 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,804 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Take into account that the Pats always had alot better teams then the Colts also. You saw what happened when you took Manning off the colts they were 1-15 or 2-14. Brady is a great QB (by no means was I trying to say he isnt) but if you put Manning on those same Pats teams, Manning wins atleast the 3 SB's that Brady won if not 1-2 more IMO

When they were going head to head in the playoffs it could certainly be argued that the Colts had the better skill-position players (outside of the QB) on offense and the better pass rushers on D.

#13 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,549 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

A lot of your opinions are hypothetical, ever notice that about yourself? It's always "if this guy had that receiver" or "if this QB had that coach"...it's a little lazy don't you think? Not trying to bash you or anything, it's just too easy...and it doesn't really take your argument anywhere.

#14 cmart102

cmart102

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,332 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'd tune into National Geographic channel instead of that matchup!

No you wouldn't

#15 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,708 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I think Denver would have as good a chance as anyone, but I wouldn't base it on what they did in Baltimore. The Ravens have been inconsistent this year, and have struggled to win some games that probably should have been easier for them.

That said, a Brady vs Manning AFCCG would be fun to watch.

#16 Off_Colored_Remark

Off_Colored_Remark

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Team:Broncos
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

did to the Baltimore Ravens this past sunday in Baltimore , where the Ravens had won 16 of 17 games, I think as os right now there is NO-TEAM in the AFC that will beat the Denver Broncos in the AFC postseason IMO.

When the Broncos lost to the Texans and the Pats it was still real early in the season and they wernet all on the same page as of yet IMO.

I think there is NO-ONE standing in the way of the DENVER BRONCOS getiing to the Super Bowl in N.O. this feburary

Sounds a lot like posts I read this time last season praising the Packers

#17 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 22,166 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think Denver would have as good a chance as anyone, but I wouldn't base it on what they did in Baltimore. The Ravens have been inconsistent this year, and have struggled to win some games that probably should have been easier for them.

Exactly. Even the crappy Eagles beat them.

#18 EagleJoe8

EagleJoe8

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 84,708 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Exactly. Even the crappy Eagles beat them.

Exactly, plus they needed a VERY fortunate play by Rice on a 4th and 29 to beat San Deigo. Lost as home to Charlie Batch, and also needed a missed FG to beat an inconsistent Dallas team at home. The Ravens are a team in need of a defensive retooling.

#19 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,753 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Texans/Niners SB.

Please.

#20 cmart102

cmart102

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,332 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Texans/Niners SB.

Please.

Fan of the B word are we?
I agree but give me seattle over SF

#21 skippyx

skippyx

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

There is another way to look at the Broncos schedule.
They have played 7 awful teams in their 9 game streak. (SDx2, OAK, KC, NO, CAR, TB)
The 2 *good* teams were riding 3 game and 2 game losing streaks into the match up with Denver.

The 3 strong teams they played got up on them by 31-7, 31-11 and 27-7.
They do have a 9-10 playoff QB so act like Dennis Green and "CROWN THEIR _ _ _ !"

Can they win vs New England then at Houston when it counts?
Nothing has shown that they can yet.

#22 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

They have played 7 awful teams in their 9 game streak. (SDx2, OAK, KC, NO, CAR, TB)
The 2 *good* teams were riding 3 game and 2 game losing streaks into the match up with Denver.

They do have a 9-10 playoff QB so act like Dennis Green and "CROWN THEIR _ _ _ !"

The losses this season to Houston, NE, and Atl were all within the 1st 5 weeks of the season when they were getting used to play toghter IMO. They have came toghter as a team and I think they will be the AFC Champion unless Baltimore gets thier heads out of thier a**e$

#23 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,440 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I disagree with this fully. All the Brady vs. Peyton matchups that happened in the past Brady walked in with the better defense. Broncos are 5th in points allowed and the Pats are 17th. I'd also say the Pats have trouble when their OL cannot block one on one and it hurts their ability to spread things out. Against what has become a 'shaky' group that's exactly what Von Miller and Elvis Dummervill will do.

So much has been put into QB vs QB. People forget that Brady typically went into those matchups with the better overall team. When looking at all the weapons and the defensive side of the ball I'm giving it to the Broncos this year.

#24 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,440 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

When you are talking about streaks and who they a have beaten here's something to chew on: Brady has never won a Superbowl with a defense that ranks worse than 6th in points against. Specifically his last two Superbowls his team had the #1 and #2 ranked squads in 2003 and 2004. Statistically the 'worst' defense he won a Superbowl was ranked 6th in points against, but if you are giving him the 'win' for his 145 yard, 1 TD game, you should also factor in that their D kept a Rams team that lead the league in scoring to 17 points. Finally since his last superbowl win he's 7-6 in the playoffs and that includes two losses in the big game.

Now looking at that remember the current Pats team is 17th in points given up. Many have this faith that Brady will win a superbowl when history shows he's actually never done it without a very strong defense.

#25 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,755 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Are the Eagles eliminated yet?

#26 TheSilence

TheSilence

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Team:Falcons

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

That was back in like week #5 or so. Thats before they hit thier peak and started thier 9gm winning streak.

I would see Denver pulling the game out espically since as of right now it would be played in Denver

You mean that was when they started playing teams that weren't better than them.

#27 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

You mean that was when they started playing teams that weren't better than them.

I mean that was before they got hot.

#28 mike030270

mike030270

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,538 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm definitely looking foward to that AFCCG between Brady and Peyton. It would be great football to watch. I'd like Peyton to go to SB but wouldn't be upset if Brady did. I almost think it will be Packers in the SB. That would be a great SB. Brady/Peyton vs Rodgers.

#29 Rodney_Zero

Rodney_Zero

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 45,755 posts
  • Fan Since:Hairston

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Teams do get hot and win it all, winning builds confidence esp playoff wins, see the Giants for 2 examples, or the 02 Bucs, or the 1980 Oakland raiders, or the 91 Giants, that's what Bumpy is telling us.

#30 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Denver is the hottest team at the right time. they have won 9 straight and have already clinched thier division. Currently they have the #2 seed in the AFC and are 1gm behind the Texans with 2gms left for the #1 seed.

The Texans own the tie-breaker against the Broncos b/c they beat them in September in Denver. So unless Houston loses thier last 2 and Denver wins thier last 2 the Texans will clinch the #1 seed and the Broncos should be able to hold off the Pats for the #2 seed if they win thier last 2 gms.

The Pats own the tie-breaker against the Broncos b/c of an October win in New England, but the Broncos are 1gm ahead of them and Denver has the Browns and chiefs (both at home)