Photo

[News] Do Eagles Relish Spoiler Role?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,490 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Without question, this is not where the Eagles wanted to be with two games remaining in the 2012 season. A three-way tie atop the NFC East has created what figures to be a chaotic finish to the reg...

View the full article

#2 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

If we win both games Dallas is in the playoffs and we get a later draft pick.... I also hate losing to NFC east teams and nothing is better than winning a game.... It's a bittersweet stiuation we will be in these next two weeks.

#3 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

I just hope we win the next two games, and then we'll see what happens to everyone in the offseason. May the best man come back for next season, and hopefully it's the right choice and a winning choice in that matter. LOL

#4 gwilkie

gwilkie

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Develope Foles and trade whatever draft choice we get for 2 first and a third. Get rid of Morty, Vick, DJack, and any one who has sat on IR for more then 2 weeks. Waive the corners and safeties get people who can taclkle and cover, draft top prospects without issues,get new vets on the offensive line and get a tall tightend and a tall wide reciever.

#5 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Living here in Maryland the Redskins fans don't know what to do with themselves. There was an article in the paper saying with Griffen the Redskins will win the NFC East for the next 10 years. We need to silence this Skins contingent NOW. They're like a 22 year old who hasn't had a girlfriend since he was 14. They absolutely don't know how to act. Forget an earlier draft pick. Let's win out and finish with what little dignity there is to salvage.

#6 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well we are going to get f***** 2 weeks in a row.

I'll be shocked if the Redskins or the Giants lose to us. They are working towards the playoffs.

Some of you will be happy to lose so that we move up in the draft selections.

FYI: If Foles doesn't get good fast, he will be picked apart by the Eagles fans.

#7 GreenFeathers

GreenFeathers

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

This just makes me sick. Before we played the Redskins, they were pretty much done...no one seriously had them going to the playoffs...then we straight up give them the game and now they're leading the division? Ugh.....just.....ugh.

#8 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

The Giants are really getting under my skin. Comments heard from their team..."OH we're OK, we were in the same position last year...No problem, we know what we have to do to win...."
They drive me wild. They don't deserve to win. They play like crap in some games, then beat the best in the league. This is not my idea of a true champion. They get very lucky at the right time, especially when the receiver caught the ball on his helmet a few years ago. C'mon, that's LUCK.
If no one else, please, beat the Giants.

#9 VA Green

VA Green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I hope we spoil it for the skins. Please beat the skins. I do not want to see the skins or cowboys make the playoffs. I would love to beat the Giants, bit I would much rather them win the division and move on. I guess I respect them a little more. I am sure none of us will all agree, but please not let it be dez, romo, austin and jerry plus the dc boys.

#10 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

fans, we are out of the race obviously, but be careful about wishing to win the next 2 games. ultimately we DO NOT WANT THE COWBOYS TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!! The as in order of who we hate the most in the nfc..the cowboys are enemy number one, followed by giants then skins. ill take the redskins making it before the cowboys make it. even the giants.

Next aspect that for some reason disgruntled fans question my loyalty is...id rather the eagles have just gone 2-14. id rather the luxary of the draft pick, and what u can do with a high pick , trade, keep w/e. why win games and move out of the top 5 picks?? those picks are worth so much more points in trade value (3 of 4 games we won anyway the opposition should have won anyway). no one questioned the colts fans loyalty when they wanted to lose for a higher pick. losing the way we did is a blessing! we can now throw out all the trash that didnt work out! just a lil bit of my opinion

being the eagles were 8-8 last year lead them to keep garbage around

#11 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

if we are going to suck, suck all the way. trust the higher the pick benefits us alot. stop all the lets play for pride and all the other nonsense. winning 2 try to stop a team from going to the playoffs is stupid because winning those games DOES NOT GET US IN THE PLAYOFFS. BUT LOSING GETS US THE REWARD. YES A TOP PICK WITH IN THE THE TOP TEN ESP TOP 5 IS WORTH EXTREME VALUE. some of u only see it as getting one player..the eagles holding a high pick is worth higher point value in trading. thats better than winning 2 meaningless games

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

talking bout winning for dignity?? please we are past that point

#13 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

dub is right we had our chance to win with dignity, its time to build a future... if we get a top 5 draft pick we will be a top 5 team next year (right?)

#14 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Lol! This is funny. Looking at the top 25 draft board there is not much to be playing for there outside of OL and D Millner at CB. Do you really think that will change to scope of this team, don't think so being this probably the weakest draft in a decade. The top qb prospect is Gino Smith at #10 and only 1 other qb in the top 25 and that's Matt Barkley and we know how USC qb's end up, as well as WVU. So, not convinced at all or confident in the draft as we will need several players that the draft can't accomodate.

Anyway, we are evaluating a qb that probably may not be here next year or even the starter next year with a new coach so winning is not on their mind or they would put the best players in. This staff sucks!

#15 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

the point is other teams need pieces as well, so having a high pick allows us to trade back!!!! the value is great within the top 10. the eagles are only a few hard nose players from being a contender.

#16 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Dont expect the draft to help that much, just take a look at the draft boards and you will see what i'm saying. To play for picks makes no sense in this draft. The analysts are struggling to figure out who the best players are because they are all mediocre with the excetion of about 5 in the whole draft!

#17 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

are u listening whole 9???? other teams have holes as well. having a high pick u dont need is golden!!! u can trade it and almost name your price. the point value is very high. we dont have to have a high pick for ourselves to use on a player. and maybe we do use it and take the that teo liinebacker dude. its a great choice. open your eyes, and your mind.

would u rather have a top pick between 1-8 or just be able to say aaah ha we bet u and won the last 2 meaningless games of the season?

#18 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Outside of Tao, show me one player that jumps out at you on that draft board and then i'll listen. Otherwise what's happening is more destructive for next season then helping. They have to close the season with some positives, damn the draft!

#19 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

You show me one player on the draft board beside Teo that jumps out at you and i'll listen. The team needs to close the season out with some type of positive on the field to take into next season, forget the draft? It's nothing to get excited about at all. A top pick and a 3rd round pick are pretty much the same in this draft.

#20 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

your a fool whole 9. in any draft u dont know the makings of what a players nfl career will be and a round will not determine that.... but what a pick does is give u the opportunity to get the guy who fits your system. we dont have to have any player in the top 10 if they dont fit our system or if we dont think the player is worth the pick for us...but other teams have their needs. perfect example alot of teams who need a qb have their eyes on geno smith right?? so if we hold a top 1-8 spot several teams will trade with us to get him. you rather not have a great draft place so u can have positives in the last 2 games? didnt we close the season last year with positives? that worked out good right? please dont be an idiot who cant see 5 mins past choice. the eagles have alot of holes to fill, and the higher pick and more piucks we can obtain will help...not moral positives and meaningless bragging rights

#21 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Last year you had Luck, RG3, Richardson, and many more in the top 25, Wilson. You mean to tell me nobody knew they would play like they have this year. You are the fool if you believe that! Teams know very well the potential these players have and Gino Smith!!!!!! He might not get drafted, he comes from a spread offense, teams don't want that. I'm simply saying the Luck's, RG3's, Wilson's are simply not there and there won't be a lot of trading up in the draft because players will simply fall in position and teams will pick them up then. Have your position even though it makes no sense, the draft is weak and i'm not the only one that sees that, just read the reports. You are the first and only one I hear talking that bs.

#22 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

By the way Dub, an idiot explains or tries to justify losing in the exact way you are talking. Save it, you make no sense in this draft, it simply is not enough explosive talent in this draft and I don't see anyone getting excited over it but you. Good luck with that scenario, i'm done with this meaningless conversation.

#23 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

so if explosive talent is limited in the draft, wouldnt it make more sense to have a higher pick to ensure u get that talent without having to trade up? and if theres not enuff talent wouldnt it be wise to have somethiing of value to trade for something else? u just want wins to make the record look a lil less ugly. trades are very limited in the nfl, the draft and free agency is where teams improve at and you are easily over looking the draft and the value of picks so u can have 2 end of the year wins. glad u do not work in the eagles front office ...what a moron

#24 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I say lets play to win and win and see where the chips fall.That's the fan and competitor in me.

I doubt that we will win the next 2 games though.

#25 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

ahahaha relish it tellem DRC. what he means by that he's anxious is let the reciever catch the ball then make it look like he is attempting to tackle the reciever then when the reciever scores a touchdown him and his other soft a** buddy talk about it with a supprised blank expression on his face and then come up with the idea that it was the safties fault aha DRC and his tricks!

#26 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Speaking of surprised blank puzzled looks...every time B.Brown fumbles the ball he has that same puzzled look (and i mean it looks the same every time)

#27 20BillBradley

20BillBradley

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Fan Since:70's

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Huh, excuse me, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME......HELLO! If you don't have the spoiler mentality then you don't need to be out there on the field because, to not have it, is to not give it your all. We've seen enough of that. Did you notice how J-Mac reacted after that TD that won the Tampa Bay game? The man damn near ran out of the stadium and the coaches had to calm him down. Now that's the passion and effort l'd like to see this Sunday. To hell with the draft! Let's live in the moment, and worry about that when it's time. Damit, the way we where embrassed by this team in the first meeting, let's return the favor, and nock their a**es out of the Playoffs with a WIN!!