Photo
- - - - -

One simple question.....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,817 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

As of right this minute... (Wensday-- December 19, 2012 @1:22pm) what is the best team in the NFL in your opnion.

I know alot of Giants fans are going to say the are, Froggy will say the Pats, the few Falcon fans on here will say that they are. Please put aside your fandom of whatever team you do root for and give your HONEST opnion

You all on here know Im a HUGE EAGLES fan but lets be real, were 4-10 and have been finished since about week #6 or so IMO.

What team IN YOUR OPNION is the best in the nfl right now. If dont have to be record wise. What team would scare you most out of any of the other 31 teams (not counting yours) that if you had to play them you bascially would know its already a loss before the game starts.

Right now I would have to say the Denver broncos are the best team in the NFL (right now like I said) Yes I know they lost to Houston, New England, and also Atlanta. All of those losses were all since early October. Denver is clicking right now. They look unbeatable right now IMO...

What team do you think is the cream of the crop RIGHT NOW????

#2 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Plus the last 2 weeks of the season, heres a look at the 4 "best teams record wise" teams they have left

Denver Broncos-- (h) Cleveland, (H) Kansas City

Houston-- (H) Minnesota, @ Indy

New England-- @ Jacksonville, (H) Miami

Atlanta--- @ Detroit, (H) Tampa Bay

Houston is 12-2
Denver is 11-3
New England is 10-4
Atlanta is 12-2

Whos your #1 NFL team right now.

#3 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Broncos. Peyton is as effective as he's ever been and he's probably got the best defense he's ever played with.

I think all those people who don't like Peyton truely don't know how good he is. The guy plays football at a different level.

#4 bringithome6

bringithome6

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I would say 49ers..i know they gave up like 28 points in a quarter but it shows their offense now has the potential to put up points and their defense is already proven. Also have the best punter in football :thumbsup:.

#5 Pegger

Pegger

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,227 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I would say 49ers..i know they gave up like 28 points in a quarter but it shows their offense now has the potential to put up points and their defense is already proven. Also have the best punter in football :thumbsup:.

With the 49ers I see them struggle against good defenses. This week against Seattle in Seattle will be a huge test. IMO Seattle wins that game. They are at home, have an extremely good defense and their offense is a lot better since their meeting in October.

They actually remind me a bit of the more recent Ravens teams that have very good defense and an offense that is hit or miss.

#6 MightyJNC

MightyJNC

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,239 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

If the definition of "best team" means the squad is strong/balanced in all 3 facets of the game then:

In the AFC I'd lean towards Denver but still am skeptical that they would beat the Pats in Foxboro in January.

In the NFC (despite being somewhat impressed by what Atl did this past week), I'd say SF.

If Denver/SF were to meet in the SB I'd give the nod to Denver because of Manning's ability to diagnose defenses.

#7 NJTroop

NJTroop

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

I have to go with San Fran. Their defense is sick and their offense has become multi-dimensional with Kaepernick and will only get better as he gets more playing time. Frank Gore is a beast and can shove it down a team's throat when trying to kill the clock. As long as Harbaugh doesn't lose his mind and call any more option plays on his own 10 yard line, they're going to the Super Bowl.