[News] Allen: You've Just Got To Respond

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,819 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Strong safety Nate Allen has not even completed his third season in the NFL, but he's already endured some of the highs and the lows that the game can bring. With head coach Andy Reid announcing on...

View the full article

#2 DC_Eagle43

DC_Eagle43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Fan Since:Fog Bowl

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

This guy has been pretty awful for some time now...I've been watching him with disgust all the way.  Not aggressive....no awareness or tackling instincts....minimal ball skills.....that play against Atlanta when he "should" have tackled Rodgers in the backfield for a loss but just stood there flat footed sealed my opinion of him....wasted 2nd round pick to go along that Teo'Nesheim pick in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft (Niners took Navarro Bowman in the 3rd of that same draft so we missed twice on him!!)

#3 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

This was the Mcnabb pick evryone remember that.

we miss one every big name in every draft it seems like

#4 nico1221

nico1221

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

i agree with u DC wasted pick

#5 bleedgreen4LF

bleedgreen4LF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Im not sure if you guys watched the game against Tampa Bay, but Teo'Nesheim has been a beast for the Bucs. I don't think he was a wasted pic. As usual with our birds he wasnt used properly or even given the opportunity to prove himself.  He sure had a good game against us though.

#6 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Teo'Nesheim was a bad pick in the sense that he was a mini-Graham. We drafted a guy for a position already filled (and then some) when there were many quality players still on the board that better fit our needs in both depth and potential starters (Geno Atkins, Jimmy Graham, Navorro Bowman, Darryl Sharpton, Eric Decker, Perry Riley, Jacoby Ford, Corey Wooten, Aaron Hernandez, Dennis Pitta and others were all on the board). Not to mention he was a giant reach in the third round.

#7 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

Coleman and Allen both were giving the starting position without earning them. I think this is what Coleman needs to light a fire in him. I think he still can fix his problems and be a starter again. His rookie year he should he had a lot of upside. Coleman is a special teams at best. He had a couple alright games but has been beat time and time again. Both should be benched from here on out. Sims should get the chance to start. We def need to think about upgrading our safeties though.

#8 eaglespheak

eaglespheak

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Fan Since:70s

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

ya think.......a safety in the first round would be clutch....................