[News] McCoy To Start Vs. Redskins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,509 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

LeSean McCoy will return to the starting lineup this Sunday against the Washington Redskins, head coach Andy Reid said Wednesday. It will be McCoy's first game since he suffered a concussion during...

View the full article

#2 SHADYcatch25

SHADYcatch25

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Fan Since:#12 punted

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Time to try our new combo!

#3 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

This year was a success! Our main goal was to get rid of Vick. We are so glad he got hurt. I was so angry when Vick had those 3 game winning drives. I'm so glad that we lost 80% of offensive line in the beginning of the season. Our Eagles defense didn't help any when had 4th quarter leads and lost those games by field goals. We knew Vick couldn't succeed, no quarterback can weather a storm like that missing 4 out of five starting offensive linemen, so since the media hated the fact he got a 2nd chance in life, we knew they wouldn't focus on that but just keep talking about his contract and his turnovers. Speaking of turnovers we just ignore the turnovers that Romo and Rivers were committing, but the media week after week place all blame on him. It worked. Vick is gone now. I don't care if we go 0-16 for the next four years. Anybody but Vick.

#4 BuddGimli

BuddGimli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Vick has always produced turnovers, throughout his career, this is not news. But, he has always had the ability to overcome those with incredible athletic talent. His downfall is, he is over 30 and slowing down alot. He just can't do the things he used to do. Unfortunately unlike McNabb he has been unable to transform his game to a pocket passer to extend his career. And it is somewhat alarming when your starting QB has only finished a 16 game season once in his entire career. They didn't call him "China Doll" when he was in Atlanta for no reason. BTW remember Ron Mexico? ha ha ha

#5 purephillyfan

purephillyfan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1953

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hey arg7822, I hear the Cowboys could use a few fans like you.

#6 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hey purephillyfan, you wanted him gone, he's fired, now what do we do, pray that no one gets injured next year, that we get a defensive squad that's better than 49ers, that McCoy have a better year than Peterson, we get John Madden as head coach, we get Patriots offensive line, we pick up Julio Jones, AJ Green, and Calvin Johnson during the off season so we go all the way with Foles.
     *Fun Fact: For Nick Foles to be better than China Doll (Vick) on paper, Foles has to throw 7 touchdowns, pass for 810 yards, rush for 275 yards, and win 3 more games in the next two games. Can't wait to see the excuses.
    *Vick has played 8 games and 1 quarter. *Foles is predicted to play 7 games and 3 quarters for the season.
Vick has a 1 quarter advantage on Foles but like you all say Vick sucks, he's over paid, he's a china doll and he's old, so I know you all aren't going to use 1 quarter of play to be an excuse for Foles. Come on Foles is way better than Vick, let me hear it.

#7 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

arg7822, what is your point/argument? lol

#8 gotbirds2412

gotbirds2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

arg7822
And how to you have the audacity to cheer when a player gets hurt? I want the eagles to suceed and win just as much as anyone, but you don't cheer when a player is hurt.  They're human beings just like you and me with families.  I believe Spudaro has said it many times, I like Vick, I like Foles, but honestly I like the uniform the most, I just want to see the eagles win, idc who is under center as long as we're winning.

#9 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

@gotbirds2412 I feel the same way as you do, I wanted to see how many Eagles fans would disagree with me. As you know, you're the only one that disagree with me. That tells you a lot. The way people feel has nothing do with football. They just hate the fact he got a 2nd chance at life. It's simple. There are numerous quarterbacks, right now, who had multiple back to back turnover games. Many Elite quarterbacks has had games where they threw 4 to 5 interceptions in one game. Here is what they would say to counteract that argument, "well he's over paid, he's too old." What does that have to do with anything? Sam Bradford's contract is outrageous and he has never reached the playoffs, Drew Brees has lost some many games because of his poor performances this year, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Carlson Palmer leads in turnovers but Vick, we measure him with a different yard stick.

As a Eagles fan if we continue to lower the bar for Nick Foles we're probably going be just a .500 team. I say draft a good quarterback to put pressure on Foles in which will make him a better quarterback. But if we keep on with this "Anybody but Vick" thing, the Superbowl is a decade away.  During the offseason make Foles fight for his job for sake of the franchise, Kirk Cousins shown the world this past week he's a starter, Foles has shown me that he needs development. Foles is not bad, he's just not a Kirk Cousins. Please prove me wrong Nick Foles, it'll be a win win for me, 1st we will win the last two games and then Nick would show me that he can defeat playoff caliber teams (division rivals also).

#10 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

The Jets want Vick .  Maybe they would take A.R and the rest of our problem's .

#11 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

@gotbirds2412 I've another point too. For Nick Foles to be better than (Vick) on paper, Foles has to throw 7 touchdowns, pass for at least 810 yards, rush for more than 275 yards, and win 3 more games in the next two games. Can't wait to see the excuses.
*Vick has played 8 games and 1 quarter. *Foles is predicted to play 7 games and 3 quarters for the season.
Vick has a 1 quarter advantage on Foles but I know you all aren't going to use 1 quarter of play to be an excuse for Foles.

#12 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Vick is fired and Andy Reid is gone. Ok, we accomplished that two weeks a go. Now how do we win the Super Bowl next year or are we just happy that we reached the 1st accomplishment and settle for another losing season. We need to overhaul the whole team if you want to have a winning season.