Photo

[News] Right Move For RB McCoy

This topic is in the process of being archived.
214 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,240 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I want to win these last two games against division opponents who have the playoffs in sight. I want the young players to make progress and to get a taste of what it takes to win in the NFL. I want to learn more about the roster as it relates to 2013 ...

View the full article

#2 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

What happened to the posts??

McCoy and Brown will combine for 238 yards this game.

"Why would I want to post? Why wouldn't I want to post? Bleeding Green said today. "They pay me to post about this game. I love to post about this game so why wouldn't I post? My teammates DDD1952 and PPW are out there posting." Nice quote from Bleeding Green 93 on why he is posting this week

#3 abelinc64

abelinc64

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

first?????

#4 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey what happened to the posts i was just disagree with the guy that wanted to hired Chip Kelly....Also wanted to trade and get Alex Smith or Matt Flynn.....Both probably wouldn't really fit Kelly's style of O(maybe Alex) but since we had Vick i'd beleieve he would keep him as the starter.

#5 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

PhiladelphiaEagles.com

• Admin
  • 40,240 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

When we change the headline, the previous posts disappear. The original headline was too long. Apologies

#6 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

>>DDD: I am not talking about making sense (cents), but making money--which comes by SAVING EXPENSIVE SALARIES. Bowles is a rookie HC ( comes cheap); Castillo is a 2nd chance to redeem himself DC ( comes cheap); Pederson is a newbie OC ( lowest cost alternative); Eugene Chung ought to pay to the the OL coach,but will come at a savings,too.

You IMAGINE the Eagles don't think that way? After Howie burned himself on the FREE AGENT STOVE about 8 times, he'll be really cautious about spending Lurie's dough---'cause Jeff has already told him about the magic one-way door to Cleveland.

Donahoe. He's chillin' with the scouts and agents. No one wants to discuss how Cowher didn't win a Superbowl until AFTER Donahoe was in Buffalo. And ABSOLUTELY NO ONE asks Tom why he didn't win a superbowl in Buffalo.

DDD, you are expecting this "crew" to make an informed HC and staff decisions.

#7 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'd be a bigger fan of Rick Dennison(Texans OC) to become new HC he would utilize r strength which is r 2RBs Shady and Bryce....Keep Foles as the starter would be protected better with help from the ground game....

#8 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

>>BG93: I think Bryce Brown out rushes Shady McCoy. Breaks more tackles. Makes a longer run. Scores more points. And, carries for a higher average. How do you like that?

#9 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

U missed what stat he also has more fumbles lol....No but seriously wouldn't surprise me we aren't going to just throw Shady back into 20-25touches a game right away so Bryce probably will see more carries

#10 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

>>BG93: the head coach situation has me puzzled. And, I am not thrilled with track record of our 2 guys in the FO ( Howie and Tom). Lurie has his hands full. I don't think fan base wants to see another 4-12 season or even 8-8 from the "new guy".

I think Bowles has the inside line to the job. I think he'll be offered it.

#11 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Chip Kelly rumors have me worried though Woody.....I'd much rather have Bowles then Chip.....

#12 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

You guys are missing one HC candidate-Howie himself. He's already proven that he can find the right players-the transition to HC will be quite natural for him.

I can't believe that you guys have missed this-esp YOU, Woody!

#13 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

>>BG93. Bryce won't fumble this next game. You'll think the Eagles have a rhinoceros playing as #34. He and Shady will compete.It should be fun for everyone. Each of them are going to be TELLING FOLES--GET ME THE BALL. MM will start to get unglued. OL will tell Foles to feed the RBs the ball,too.

>>PPW: Howie doesn't lack work ethic or confidence. He does have his pluses. He just can make up for his inexperience by being "bright" and "hardworking".

#14 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

When we change the headline, the previous posts disappear. The original headline was too long. Apologies

Dave...if somebody needs to check, the posts are under...'right move to MAKE McCoy starter'.

#15 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Woody....so we are going to see Philly use the ground game this week or are we splitting the normal 15carries between the 2RBs

#16 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Poor Mikey...he was posting his heart out.

#17 phillyphanwest

phillyphanwest

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

>>PPW: Howie doesn't lack work ethic or confidence. He does have his pluses. He just can make up for his inexperience by being "bright" and "hardworking".

You read it, folks-Woody is on board with my Howie the HC idea!!

#18 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

>>BG93: How about the offense decides to mutiny on the OC? Foles has made and called his own plays before. Every defensive coordinator in NFC knows MM's playbook--especially his 4 WR sets and rushing handoffs from the shotgun. Iggy and Polk are going to pancake some defenders. I think the DL will be even nastier than against Bengals...

#19 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Woody...there could be logic to your saving cents. They will have to pay AR for 2013...and still pay a new HC.

#20 GENETIC-FREAK

GENETIC-FREAK

ALL MADDEN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

BG - I agree with you on Chung as OL coach and for the exact reasons too.. The OL scheme and the players who excell in it have been solid for our RBs as well

#21 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Woody....Sounds like a great plan to me.....DL is going to have to be careful this week if though Rg3 can kill us with his legs still a fan of having a player spy him all game(ideally Kendricks think that would be a good matchup)

#22 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Woody...Howie and Lurie get this wrong with the new HC and we are doomed for 5 years. I don't see Bowels...i can't see keeping anybody from this current staff.

#23 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

>>DDD: I seem to know "financial managers" think--and they LOVE a great financial picture. Even when sales are slow and the product is stale---a "great financial picture" still makes the stockholders smile. Lurie knows that the team is transitioning--it my work great or it may get all funky--and a "great financial picture" still is appreciated by the Owner: win,lose or draw...

#24 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

>>DDD: FANS care about Ws and Ls. Owner appreciates Profit/Loss. I think Lurie hedges his bets and trys to hire Todd Bowles and an inexpensive staff.

Lets face it up & coming talent is in demand and will bring a higher cost. Bowles is KNOWN. Bowles is a solid football guy. He was put between a rock and hard place ( Washburn & Castillo). If his defense kills it these last 2 games---he is a SHOE IN. So is Doug Pederson.

#25 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

>>DDD: I seem to know "financial managers" think--and they LOVE a great financial picture. Even when sales are slow and the product is stale---a "great financial picture" still makes the stockholders smile. Lurie knows that the team is transitioning--it my work great or it may get all funky--and a "great financial picture" still is appreciated by the Owner: win,lose or draw...

Uncle Joe said he is going to make his decision about HC and GM...quickly with the Browns. We are in direct competition with him. Which organization has their plan ready and able to pounce? Us or them.

#26 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

>>DDD: FANS care about Ws and Ls. Owner appreciates Profit/Loss. I think Lurie hedges his bets and trys to hire Todd Bowles and an inexpensive staff.

Lets face it up & coming talent is in demand and will bring a higher cost. Bowles is KNOWN. Bowles is a solid football guy. He was put between a rock and hard place ( Washburn & Castillo). If his defense kills it these last 2 games---he is a SHOE IN. So is Doug Pederson.

Woody..you are telling me Lurie and Howie make Bowels HC based off these 2 games if the D excels. OMG...we are doomed.

#27 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Woody...so you have us with Bowels as HC...Pederson as OC...and Mano back as DC.

#28 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,328 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

If Bowles became HC he would have the say on his staff y would he want Pederson or even JC back???? I would believe Bowles would hire people he knows and trusts more to be on his staff.....

#29 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

If Bowles became HC he would have the say on his staff y would he want Pederson or even JC back???? I would believe Bowles would hire people he knows and trusts more to be on his staff.....

True 93...why didn't the Fins make Bowels permanent HC? Did he interview?

#30 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Woody...that is a big leap for Bowels...and especially Pederson who has never been an OC...bringing back Mano as DC...yikes.

Woody...that is a big leap for Bowels...and especially Pederson who has never been an OC...bringing back Mano as DC...yikes.

i think the fan base will lose it.