Photo

[News] InFocus: Inside The Numbers On Foles

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,915 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

With six games, five starts, 391 snaps and 236 drop backs into his young NFL career, there is finally a reasonable sample size of data we can use to examine quarterback Nick Foles. How often does ...

View the full article

#2 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Lets win the last two games.

#3 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Very intresting . Maybe Spuds will give the Kid a chance now & stop talking about a QB pick in the first round of the draft. There is nothing saying a 1st round pick will be a sure thing. Don't agree check out the Cleveland Browns. I don't think there problem was the QB's they picked I believe it had a lot to do with the OL or should I say lack of.

#4 hyperswipe

hyperswipe

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

the only thing thats skewed is that there were quite a few passes that should have been picked off, and at least three or four should have been pick 6's... that is if the opposing DB's could catch. that is what's worrisome when people only look back at the numbers, when in reality he did throw several of those passes that were bad enough to be intercepted, but of course don't show in these here "stats".
if this is who we're going with next year... I sure hope he gets a lot better than what we've seen so far!

#5 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Talk about passes that should have been picked off. Oh well the Eagles D made the other QB's look good also

#6 60yrfan

60yrfan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

It is truly "surprising" how well QBs play when they have a legitimate stud receiver. TO made McNabb look great, much as I hate to say that about someone with a mental age of 6. Djax is a burner and he makes some great catches, but his consistency is poor. Maclin is good but not great. Avant may be coming into his own but we need to see what happens next year. Better designed and faster developiong plays are needed desperately (MM gone???).
McCoy is top notch so please, please, please run the ball and that will help Foles too. I hope the O-line will be MUCH better next year and Celek will be healthy - maybe. There is an obvious need for a good DC and better safeties. Everything depends on who will be the next HC.