Photo
- - - - -

Eagles' Cole will remember Reid 'as a winning coach who took

bob grotz delco times

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,868 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Grotz

Eagles' Cole will remember Reid 'as a winning coach who took care of his players'

Published: Saturday, December 22, 2012

By BOB GROTZ
bgrotz@delcotimes.com
@BobGrotz

PHILADELPHIA – Andy Reid ran through the drill, starting with injuries just as he’s done in each and every one of his 14 years with the Eagles.

Fullback Stanley Havili (hamstring) … out.

Running back Chris Polk (turf toe) … doubtful.

Emil Igwenagu works in at fullback. Evan Moore, cut by the Seattle Seahawks this week, gets some snaps at tight end.

And again, LeSean McCoy starts at running back when the Eagles take on the Washington Redskins Sunday in what seems likely to be Reid’s last game in charge at Lincoln Financial Field.

Just don’t look for McCoy to be on the field late regardless of how the Eagles are doing. That created angst the last time these teams played, McCoy sustaining a severe concussion on a running play, of all things.

“We’re going to keep an eye on him,” Reid said. “He’s not going to play the whole game. We’ll see how he does and go from there.”

Eagles veteran Trent Cole, who was drafted by Reid in 2005, tried to distance himself from the inevitable.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen after the season,” Cole said. “Whatever happens, happens. If he’s here, I’ll be more than glad to play for him. And if he’s away, we’ve got to accept whoever is coming in.

“I’ll remember him as a winning coach who took care of his players. And I like how he ran his outfit.”