Photo
- - - - -

Which NFL Franchise is in the most trouble going foward?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which NFL Franchise is in the most trouble going foward? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Which NFL Franchise is in the most trouble going foward?

1. The Raiders (Sold the house to get a mediocre QB, terrible recieving crew, regressing with a new HC, revolving door in the front office, relocation possibilities) (11 votes [21.57%])

Percentage of vote: 21.57%

2. The Browns (Worst organization in sports, stuck with an aging QB, lot of bad contracts, attendance dwindling, terrible recieving crew) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. The Chiefs (Uncertain future at coach and quarterback, fans protesting, injuries, likely to be saddled with a future bust at QB) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. The Jets (Media circus, joke of the league, uncertain future at coach and quarterback, fans revolting, terrible locker room and organizational structure) (10 votes [19.61%])

Percentage of vote: 19.61%

5. Voted The Cardinals (Uncertain future at coach and quarterback, bad contracts, terrible locker room culture) (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

6. The Eagles (Uncertain future at coach and quarterback, injuries, attendance dwindling) (6 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

7. The Jaguars (1st Round QB turned out to be a bust, defense couldnt stop a nosebleed, their only superstar wants out, relocation possibilities) (17 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

8. The Chargers (Uncertain future at HC, aging QB, relocation possibilities) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. The Bills (Stuck with an awful HC and QB for the foreseeable future, free agents dont want to play there, terrible drafting, terrible recieving crew) (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

There are alot of dysfunctional franchises in the NFL. Which franchise is the most dysfunctional? And which franchise is in the most trouble going foward?

I said the Jets. That team/organization is a mess.

#2 EAGLES8690

EAGLES8690

Starter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Without a doubt it's the Circus known as the NY Jets.

#3 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,162 posts
  • Team:Giants
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Raiders. It simply does not get any worse from top to bottom, and there is no visible end in sight. They have NOTHING going for them now, or in the foreseeable future.

#4 cmart102

cmart102

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,846 posts
  • Fan Since:ever?

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Raiders easily

#5 snoopdogg88

snoopdogg88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,147 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

the Bills haven't made the playoffs since 1999.

thats insane, in a league where 7-9, 8-8 teams can make the playoffs.

The Bills and Raiders are stuck in a perpetual state of mediocrity/sucking
Horrible stadiums, little support, bad ownership, bad coaching, bad players

everything about them sucks

#6 Dawkins 20

Dawkins 20

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,260 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

The thought of playing for Jacksonville is pretty cringe-worthy. Awful team in an awful market.

#7 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I voted for the Cardinals because they don't have a QB, a terrible offensive line, no running game, no tight end production, and now will likely have to find a new head coach and staff. And they could lose Ray Horton to a head coaching job.

#8 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,794 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

If the Eagles have a coaching change, we'll have at least a couple of years near the bottom. Depending on who that new coach is and what he does, maybe longer.

#9 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,912 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Danger Of Moving:

Jacksonville/St Louis

Why? These are not football towns worth keeping an NFL team in.

Danger Of Sucking For A Couple Of Years:

New York Jets

Why? This team has NOTHING on offense. Nada, zip. Jeremy Kerly as the # 1 Receiver. Shonn Greene as the # 1 RB. Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, and Greg McElroy. LOL. If they don't get some weapons and a starting NFL QB next year....Jets fans get ready for Rebuild.

#10 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Danger Of Moving:

Jacksonville/St Louis

Why? These are not football towns worth keeping an NFL team in.

I spend alot of time in Jacksonville and I somewhat disagree. It's kind of a stereotype. They have alot of passionate fans but they just dont physically show up to games. Wear a Titans jersey in certain parts of J-Ville and you'll find out how big of a football town it really is.

#11 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

I spend alot of time in Jacksonville and I somewhat disagree. It's kind of a stereotype. They have alot of passionate fans but they just dont physically show up to games. Wear a Titans jersey in certain parts of J-Ville and you'll find out how big of a football town it really is.

Never said they weren't a "football town"...i said they are not "worth keeping an NFL franchise in"

#12 snoopdogg88

snoopdogg88

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,147 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

The problem with Jacksonville is that they have such an obscure roster and organization

Can you name 3 players on that team?
Is there any "brand" or anything that comes to mind when you think of the Jax Jags

They need a true star to revitalize the Jaguars in that city. They need an RG3 or a Luck or someone to excite you

#13 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,912 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Tebow + MJD + Blackmon !

:roll: :roll:

What a headcase that will be.

#14 RUEagle

RUEagle

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,660 posts
  • Fan Since:Cognizance

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Oakland, Cleveland and Jacksonville are all terrible in all 3 phases and have been for quite some time. I'd give the edge to the Jags though bcuz even if they were good they wouldn't sell out and that's a big indicator of a bad franchise.

#15 Froggy

Froggy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,951 posts
  • Team:Patriots

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

:roll: I'm sorry I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around this one...matter of fact I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig in an experiment that requires me to walk around Jacksonville in a Titans jersey. I wanna see what those scary Jags fans are gonna do.

#16 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Los Angeles Eagles, anyone?

I'd be down for that if Lurie is too cheap and/or too narcissistic to give us a real HC and a real QB.

#17 Gmen4ever

Gmen4ever

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,162 posts
  • Fan Since:Conception

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I walked 1 mile back to my hotel after a MNF game(Giants-Jags) in 2005. I stuck around after the game because I had a press pass, and was in the locker room and at the PC for a while, so my friends took off without me because they got tired of waiting. It was 1am, I was alone, and in full Giants gear. Not a single person said a word to me, and there were still quite a few people meandering around the area.

Passionate? They had at least 6 sections tarped off in the stadium, for a MNF game.

There must be other "certain parts" of J-Ville that are considered scary too. I wasn't so much as looked at walking alone, let alone confronted :roll:

#18 RedskinsFan01

RedskinsFan01

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,920 posts
  • Team:Redskins

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yeah the problem with the Jags is that they are a very boring team in a small market. They need some excitement. Usually their coaches are very conservative and run-first. But i guess thats what happens when you draft punters in the 3rd round.

#19 pencil face

pencil face

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

The Jest, they are $20 million over the cap next season the Talent on the team is average, and Sanchez is damn near untradeable with that ****ty contract...
Raiders changing coaches like clothes no stability...
The Jags can't sell out even with a majority of the seats covered, first round QB is brittle...

#20 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,800 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Yeah the problem with the Jags is that they are a very boring team in a small market. They need some excitement. Usually their coaches are very conservative and run-first. But i guess thats what happens when you draft punters in the 3rd round.

But the Packers are in an even smaller market - and it doesn't seem be stopping them from being a year-after-year contender.

#21 rocketman44

rocketman44

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Team:49ers
  • Fan Since:1967

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Great poll....wonderfully bad, that is. I had trouble picking, and it's amazing how many franchises in America's most popular sport are doing poorly or have poor prospects.

I ended up picking the Bills. But I could easily have gone with any of these teams except for the Eagles.

I picked the Bills because:

They're already in a long playoff drought.
They have no real quarterback prospect.
They overpaid for Mario Williams
They have no head coach (well, they have Chan Gailey, same thing).
They have a guy named Buddy as general manager.
They have Buddy Nix as general manager.

So they need an entire restructuring, which includes a quarterback, before they can even hope to be any good.

Actually, among these teams, I think the Eagles may have the best prospects - they may have a good young QB in place. They have good offensive linemen coming back from injury next year; they have some WR talent and a plethora of RBs, and they've got guys like Brandon Graham that show some real promise. They also should have no problem attracting a good head coach as long as they don't botch the selection.

#22 McnabbsPHIeagles

McnabbsPHIeagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,919 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

:roll: I'm sorry I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around this one...matter of fact I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig in an experiment that requires me to walk around Jacksonville in a Titans jersey. I wanna see what those scary Jags fans are gonna do.

I have been to Jacksonville before. Jags fans are actually a myth, no more real than bigfoot. Their are just bored people who still like to wear Fred Taylor jerseys and watch NFL games at a cheap price. They even got a little wave going on between the one or two hundred of them.

#23 JustAnotherEaglesFan

JustAnotherEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Fan Since:yesterday

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I picked the Jets because of how much of a laughing stock they were this year. Almost every other team besides the Eagles/Chargers have had "the most trouble going forward" for at least a decade.

#24 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,365 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Eagles and Raiders. Eagles dont know who their coach or QB is = awful team.

#25 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,425 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Raiders for me.

Good poll, OP.

#26 Innocence096

Innocence096

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 27,900 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Los Angeles Eagles, anyone?

I'd be down for that if Lurie is too cheap and/or too narcissistic to give us a real HC and a real QB.

:lol: :roll:

I would say the Jags are because they are have poor attendance and are probably going to be moving to LA before long. They need a home run in this draft to save them. I think the Jets are a mess as well but not quite as bad to me. Although they have a lot going against them with being media ****s and a circus as well as playing second fiddle in NY/NJ.

i do like the poll though.

#27 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Wasnt there a story about a Bears fan who got stabbed to death down there earlier this year?

I walked 1 mile back to my hotel after a MNF game(Giants-Jags) in 2005. I stuck around after the game because I had a press pass, and was in the locker room and at the PC for a while, so my friends took off without me because they got tired of waiting. It was 1am, I was alone, and in full Giants gear. Not a single person said a word to me, and there were still quite a few people meandering around the area.

Passionate? They had at least 6 sections tarped off in the stadium, for a MNF game.

There must be other "certain parts" of J-Ville that are considered scary too. I wasn't so much as looked at walking alone, let alone confronted :roll:

The Giants arent a divisional rival.

Great poll....wonderfully bad, that is. I had trouble picking, and it's amazing how many franchises in America's most popular sport are doing poorly or have poor prospects.

I ended up picking the Bills. But I could easily have gone with any of these teams except for the Eagles.

I picked the Bills because:

They're already in a long playoff drought.
They have no real quarterback prospect.
They overpaid for Mario Williams
They have no head coach (well, they have Chan Gailey, same thing).
They have a guy named Buddy as general manager.
They have Buddy Nix as general manager.

So they need an entire restructuring, which includes a quarterback, before they can even hope to be any good.

Actually, among these teams, I think the Eagles may have the best prospects - they may have a good young QB in place. They have good offensive linemen coming back from injury next year; they have some WR talent and a plethora of RBs, and they've got guys like Brandon Graham that show some real promise. They also should have no problem attracting a good head coach as long as they don't botch the selection.

Yeah, the Bills are a mess. I feel bad for their fans. They get hosed by that garbage week in and week out.

I picked the Jets because of how much of a laughing stock they were this year. Almost every other team besides the Eagles/Chargers have had "the most trouble going forward" for at least a decade.

The Chiefs and Jets have had solid patches.

#28 evilwaldo

evilwaldo

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,737 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

There are alot of dysfunctional franchises in the NFL. Which franchise is the most dysfunctional? And which franchise is in the most trouble going foward?

I said the Jets. That team/organization is a mess.

Nice troll attempt listing the Eagles.

#29 CMPunk

CMPunk

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

Nice troll attempt listing the Eagles.

Well, 3 people voted for them so obviously it wasnt much of a troll listing. I just put down the worst teams of 2012.

#30 JustAnotherEaglesFan

JustAnotherEaglesFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • Fan Since:yesterday

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

The Chiefs and Jets have had solid patches.

That's why I picked the Jets...all I can remember about the Chiefs this past decade is Priest Holms