Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tebow to Jags almost Certain in 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Footballman175

Footballman175

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,114 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

The Jags need this very, very bad. No matter if Tebow is a good QB or not, the media attention there is lower than the Charlotte Bobcats.

Posted Image

#2 dawkins4prez

dawkins4prez

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,542 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Who's Tim Tebow?

#3 Passepartout

Passepartout

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 23,803 posts
  • Team:Redskins
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

Well it seems that Tebow from his mood and even though he may not say it, seems he is not happy with NY and that it would bring him closer to home in Fla. As that is where he and his family is at! That would make him really happy!

#4 mike030270

mike030270

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,500 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Jags with the possible 2nd pick to get Tebow? I feel sorry for Jags fans

#5 Happyfoosball

Happyfoosball

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 12,256 posts
  • Team:Giants

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Is a Tebow kind of like a McRib except sold in Flordia only?

#6 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,753 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Good luck, Tim!

We all support you, and we'll pray for you!

#7 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 57,707 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

Bad QB for a bad team. Perfect fit.

#8 RUEagle

RUEagle

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts
  • Fan Since:Cognizance

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

I like the guy and wish him success. Never understood the hate. He's not a great pro style QB and that's obvious, but he plays his heart out and is a good guy. I hope he turns it around in Jacksonville if he indeed winds up there.

#9 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,111 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

But what's in Blaine Gabbert's future - a fresh start somewhere else, and a huge comeback for a team willing to take a small risk to trade for him? (Now I'm not naming any names of teams!).

Remember that Jim Plunkett washed out in New England and San Francisco.

#10 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,435 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I like the guy and wish him success. Never understood the hate. He's not a great pro style QB and that's obvious, but he plays his heart out and is a good guy. I hope he turns it around in Jacksonville if he indeed winds up there.

Big problem is the overhype. John Gruden compaired him to Drew Brees. You have people who overhyped him way too much based on what he did in college and a few games in Denver...where he was 7-6 overrall btw.The biggie is his use of religion (bible verses written on his face). He is a tough player, has alot of heart but the religion factor has clouded people's opinions on him. Kurt Warner and Reggie White never took out Super Bowl ads to shove their views upon others like Tebow and his mom did. The way they used it was much different PLUS...Tebow was a superstar in college, Warner wasn't. Was far easier to root for Warner who came from bagging groceries and the arena league than Tebow. He's a first round draft pick. Maybe if he had the rags to riches story of Warner that too would make him more accepted.

I dont hate him (I do hate the overhype and media obession) but like with alot of overeligious people they feel their views are the only religious views worth accepting. I think he would be much more likeable and rooted for if he toned down the religion but the fact remains...he's not a good quaterback. He is the Kirk Cameron of the NFL and like Cameron wasn't too good at his profession either.

#11 Boss Hawg

Boss Hawg

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

There was a report that the Jets were shocked at how bad Tebow looked in practice. If true, he won't start. He might beat out Gabbert, maybe, but I don't see him beating out Henne. Maybe different coaching will help. But if a third franchise doesn't see him as a starter, he's done.

#12 dmac5

dmac5

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,726 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Who's Tim Tebow?

He's a seldom-used running back for the New York Jets.

#13 Golfesv

Golfesv

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

They should pick up Vick as well and run the wild cat every other play they would be tough to hand together!

#14 The_Talon

The_Talon

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  • Fan Since:1978?

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Bill Romanowski was saying this morning on Bay Area radio that he thinks Tebow would be the perfect fit or the Raiders. He was basically campaigning him pretty hard in the Raiders pre-game radio show on 105.3 FM

#15 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

Good that way we'd never have to see him on national TV.

#16 yonushonis

yonushonis

Backup

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:55 AM

Bill Romanowski was saying this morning on Bay Area radio that he thinks Tebow would be the perfect fit or the Raiders. He was basically campaigning him pretty hard in the Raiders pre-game radio show on 105.3 FM

Nah, the Raiders have begun the Matt Leinart Error. I swear USC qbs are the worst in the league.

#17 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

There was a report that the Jets were shocked at how bad Tebow looked in practice. If true, he won't start. He might beat out Gabbert, maybe, but I don't see him beating out Henne. Maybe different coaching will help. But if a third franchise doesn't see him as a starter, he's done.

Nobody wanted him in the offseason except for Woody Johnson. I never understood how a fowl mouthed Rex Ryan would adapt with total saint Tim Tebow but it's clear Ryan never wanted him but wanting Michael Vick is also pretty funny. Jets allowed their QB to be sacked 11 times yesterday.

Word is that Mike Mularky was the reason he didn't come to Jax and refuses to coach him so looks like the Jags will get a new HC to go along with Tebow. I think in the end even though he sucks as a HC, Mularky will look like a genius for not wanting Tebow even though it will cost him his job...not that 2 wins didnt cost it either.

#18 Jason1978

Jason1978

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,435 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

He also thought Denver was crazy to get rid of Tebow for Peyton. Didn't pretty much every Tebow lover say the same thing...and now Peyton and Denver are arguably the best team in the NFL.

I don’t see this as a huge positive for the Denver Broncos. I don’t think you can just throw in a Peyton Manning, who to me is still broken down—he is not healthy yet—and think he is going to be the answer to getting you to the Super Bowl. To me, you had the answer and you just needed more talent around a guy like Tim Tebow.

http://bleacherrepor...ebow-to-manning

#19 TenOfSwords

TenOfSwords

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 11,111 posts
  • Fan Since:1971

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

With Tebow in Jacksonville, at least the Jags will get a Thursday night game or two next year.

With Foles, every one of our games will start at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, except the road games at Oakland and Denver, which will start at 4:05 PM ET and not 4:25 because FOX won't have the doubleheader in those two weeks.

#20 bumpy93

bumpy93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 15,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

The Jags need this very, very bad. No matter if Tebow is a good QB or not, the media attention there is lower than the Charlotte Bobcats.

Posted Image

I hope he is in Jacksonville next year and start all 16games so we will know 100% finally that he cant play QB in this leauge. I know tebow lovers are out there and think hes god, but cmon man hes not any good. He will make a play here and there buts thats it.

#21 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

With Tebow in Jacksonville, at least the Jags will get a Thursday night game or two next year.

With Foles, every one of our games will start at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, except the road games at Oakland and Denver, which will start at 4:05 PM ET and not 4:25 because FOX won't have the doubleheader in those two weeks.

I'll take 1pm games and a chance at success over a couple prime time games and a chance at 3 or 4 wins. If it were up to me the Eagles would always play at 1 on sundays.

#22 bandwagon

bandwagon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts
  • Fan Since:tuesday

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

But what's in Blaine Gabbert's future

Selling used cars and/or real estate in Missouri.

#23 Dirty 30 Sucks

Dirty 30 Sucks

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 18,743 posts
  • Fan Since:egg

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

by bringing Tebow into jacksonville they are setting that franchise back for years i promise you.

#24 LacesOut

LacesOut

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 24,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

He'll get more tix sold and may even get the Jags 6-7 wins.

#25 axe_man_trotter

axe_man_trotter

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

by bringing Tebow into jacksonville they are setting that franchise back for years i promise you.

They are already set back for years regardless of whether they bring him in or not. At this point they're just trying to sell tickets and what better way than to bring in the hometown hero Tebow?

#26 KzEaglefan86

KzEaglefan86

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

The novelty of having Tebow return to Florida will wear off quickly if the Jags don't win with him. The fanbase might be energized for a month, but interest will fade fast.