Photo

[News] A Familiar Loss In Home Finale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
205 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,310 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

The home schedule ended, appropriately enough, with a drive that died at the Washington 5-yard line, another missed chance in the red zone that led to another Eagles defeat, this time 27-20 to the Redskins …

View the full article

#2 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

damn another tough loss good see the team have some fight in them though

#3 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Suprisingly these kids don't quit. Even though Reid is gone, I will say thanks for leaving us the 2nd youngest team in the NFL with players who have gained a lot of experience this year. Seems like all the losers are the players Howie brought in. Hopefully he gets the boot with Reid.

#4 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

It was a heart-breaker to see us miss on 2plays to win the game the one bad pass by Foles to Maclin then the new TE guy Moore dropped an easy catch and score. Once are team starts to make those easy plays that we should make we will start to win games I'm excited about this teams future we have a good young core of guys to build around

#5 Unknownbird

Unknownbird

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Vick would of won that one!!

#6 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

That is easy to say now but I doubt Vick would have won the game either....This team is just bad makes to many mistakes Vick included(along with the rest of the team)

*team

#7 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

That duck that Nick Foles threw, that came up 2-3 yards short that missed a wide open Maclin in the end zone was pathetic. Then Nick Foles loses the game in the red zone with a mental error that resulted in a penalty. Nick's fumble for a lost and that interception was shameful too. Foles has won 1 game out of 7. Lets keep lowering the bar for Foles. It makes a nice "feel good" story.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

The int pass was tipped at the LOS....and I love how you just neglect to mention the dropped pass my Moore that would have won the game.

#9 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Vick didn't have any tipped interceptions or fumbles lost this year. I keep forgetting.

#10 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I love how we ignored every tipped INT that Vick threw. I love hypocrisy also.

#11 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Nick Foles missed some throws no doubt but he also made alot of great throws in this game.... Really it doesn't matter what we fans think really though it is all about the coaches and unless chip Kelly is the new HC i think Foles will be the eagles Qb next season and hopefully many yrs after that I think this kid can be something special

#12 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

That duck that Nick Foles threw, that came up 2-3 yards short that missed a wide open Maclin in the end zone was pathetic. Then Nick Foles loses the game in the red zone with a mental error that resulted in a penalty. Nick's fumble for a lost and that interception was shameful too. Foles has won 1 game out of 7. Lets keep lowering the bar for Foles. It makes a nice "feel good" story.

Dude played well. Quit picking out the bad things. He is a rookie. RGIII had a tip interception as well. Guess he sucks too. Brady threw two picks today. Time for Brady to go.

#13 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

????? are you talking in general as Eagles fans or pointing out someone arg..... I never ingored any tipped passes I defended Vick on alot of the plays whether it was him being hit or WR dropping passes and getting it deflected into an int etc.

#14 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

arg7822 & Unknownbird, Currently you two are tied for dumbest posters on this web site! You're both pathetic!

#15 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Foles scrambled well and moved in the pocket with his eyes down field. Who was the last QB wee had that did that? Garcia? ENjoy it. That's how you play the position. We have to have a tall QB with our midget WR corps. We have looked a lot better in the red zone since Foles took over. And Vick had a lot of tipped Int's, but a lot of that is because he is too short and has to throw through more windows. I wish Vick all the best next year, in KC.

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I like to watch Nick Foles in the pocket dodging defender he is something else at his size.... He isn't fast by any means but he makes defenders miss.... LOL that shovel pass to Mccoy was great very ill advised but great none the less

#17 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Vick has moved on, he's fired, he's terminated, released, cut from the team, no guaranteed money, there's a great chance that Vick will never play in the NFL again. Ok, we got that out the way seven games a go. So the "blame Vick for everything that is wrong" tactic is lame and old now. On a better note, I hear that Alex Smith isn't happy with 49ers and we can draft a good 1st round quarterback.

#18 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Arg....What who is blaming Vick where that come from ?????? lol HELL NO to Alex Smith and we don't need a first round QB, Foles is the guy atleast for next season if we add a QB it will be probably in round 2 at best could be wrong though

#19 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Vick will start somewhere next year. No one is blaming Vick. Plenty of blame to go around but injuries are up front and center. Followed by MM (and his misuse of Vick). And then the firing of Washburn 1 year too late.

#20 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

What's up hypocrites. I have waited six weeks for this day. :roll:

#21 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Nothing against the kid Foles. He is ok. I just don't see him as the potential SUPER BOWL QB that this team is searching for. The overall TEAM has to get better for ANY QB here to win a Super Bowl though. Maybe Foles will develop into that, but he has to improve significantly. Graham continues to impress. The defensive line missed Cox once he left. Colt Anderson played better than Allen by a bunch. He wasn't perfect but he made a few plays. The OLine continues to look bad.
McCoy is unreal! The Eagles do NOT need fumbling Brown. Trade him. Dump him. Doesnt matter. Keep Lewis and Polk and the team will be fine in terms of RBs.
Maclin continues to appear like a #1 WR. Most offensive players played well enough except for the QB. We've said it prior to Foles. I just hope, based on what we have seen to this point, the team doesn't go into 2013 with Foles as the QB. With a coaching change Foles may not fit into the plan anyway. Lots of uncertainties after a preseason of HIGH expectations. So discouraging. If the front office rips this apart, it could be years of bottom dwelling....AGAIN. I still wish they would keep AR, but mandate that MM goes bye bye.

#22 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Foles has earned his shot next year. Hopefully new coach won't rock the boat too much. Just a better time manager, and someone who will draft defenders with attitiude, not softies.

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Who a hypocrite???????

#24 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Come on, this is too easy, all I have to do is find those posts and copy and paste them.

#25 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Find what posts?????

It is to early to give up on Bryce Brown he is a talent and he didn't fumble today so that is a plus.....Polk can't even stay healthy.... If anything keep Bryce and Dion and move Dion up 2 the #2 RB. Give Bryce and offseason to work on carry once that is out of the way watch out bryce will be a stud

#26 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Happy searching. Don't come back empty handed. I want to see what people wrote all year too.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Senhorcook....how did Foles have a bad game??? minus the big miss pass to Maclin at the end he played a great game..... i thought Foles showed many things you look for in a QB to win a SB.....Will he be that guy I have no clue but the potenial is there and that is what this is about right finding a potenial Qb of the future

All for the eagles to add an extra QB to compete with Foles next season I love competition that is how you get the bbest from your players but I strongly believe Foles will be the guy under C next season

#28 senhorcook

senhorcook

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

BG, I'd be ok with that but there's just no need for him. Move Lewis back to #2 and the #3 RB never sees the field anyway.I see Polk as a better contributor on ST.
I love that little Damarius Johnson as a WR! Use the kid more! Could the Eagles get any REAL (#1 pick) for Djax? If so, they should consider trading him and finding a bid bodied WR. If not, a new OC needs to learn how to confuse defenses with short routes for a bunch of quick smurfs.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Senhorcook....guess what I want to know is what are you expecting from Foles as a rookie because you have been one of the tougher people on him which isn't a bad thing just curious is all

Senhorcook....Polk has been hurt to often this yr he was suppose to play this week but injury kept him out what is the point of keeping a player if always hurt....Besides Brown has been one of are better pass protectors this season much better then Mccoy,

#30 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Draft a 1st round quarterback to push Foles. It will make him better and make the team better. Nick Foles is average but he isn't a Kirk Cousins.