Photo

[News] Foles And Co. Fall Five Yards Short

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,280 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

As has been the case so often this season, the Eagles had an opportunity to win Sunday afternoon, only to see self-inflicted mistakes ultimately submarine the chance to come out with a victory. Bef...

View the full article

#2 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

First of all why did Foles go to a TE thats been on the team for 5DAYS WITH 10 SEC TOO GO ,AND WHY NOT CELECK.AND WHAT THE F WAS MOORE EVEN DOING OUT THERE?? YOU CANT BLAME FOLES IT WAS A PERFECT PASS.and you can't blame Moore he's only been here for a COUPLE OF DAY's ,so lets just blame the ONE who deserves it A.R.Once again poor coaching.

#3 Canadian_philly

Canadian_philly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Moore should have caught that, Foles did what a QB should and trust your guy to make the catch, that's why receivers and TEs are on the team because they are supposed to be able to catch, I don't blame Foles or AR for that play, just Moore and his butterfingers

#4 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Foles is just not our future. Please new head coach don't tie your future to his or you won't be the head coach for long. He's a back up QB plain and simple.

#5 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

This is how the Eagles have played all season. Many times close but NO cigar.

No Sweat there's always next year.

#6 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Foles is not our future this guy says? Y not? He played a heck of a game, with excellent decision making. The only pass he didnt handle well was the under throw to maclin. Hes a rookie from arizona state! Hes doing his thing and is very accurate in the mud range game and on the move.

#7 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Kmarvelli is nothing but an idiot. Not our future, who is then? This year's QB stock is horrible and we need o-line and secondary first. Foles will be our starter. I would also like to look at Trent Edwards as well. Foles is smart and like most rookies need some direction. Andy Reid is not going to get the best play from Foles because AR has basically given up and anyone can see that.

#8 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

One interception, fumble for a lost, threw a duck that came up 3 yards short that missed a wide open Maclin in the end zone, and lastly a intentional grounding that ended the game and the Eagles lost. But overall, if you ignore all of that (plus ignore that he's has won one game out seven), he played a great game and he's very good.

#9 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

With 10sec left YOU GO TO A GO TO GUY AND MOORE ISNT a go to guy for the win ,if you're okay going to MOORE you're an idiot .Then again, lets go for the DRAFT

#10 rohash

rohash

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I like when they show highlights of the game and all they show is the 4 bad plays of Foles- the INT, fumble, underthrow to Maclin and the last play of the game. Nevermind that he actaully played very well overall(32-48-345 yards 1TD/1INT), was under constant pressure and the INT was tipped at the line. He sure looks like the future to me- accurate passer, above average arm strength, poised, and generally makes good decisions. Now get him an O-line.

#11 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

The Redskins scored points on his two turnovers. The under throw (the duck) to Maclin would of tied the game. His intentional grounding penalty lost the game. Nick Foles is an average quarterback at best. Nick Foles has potential to be a good quarterback. But when people say that he's a good quarterback as of right now, it's a long stretch. These divisional games is great way to see how he does under pressure and his grade so far is a "C". He has played 7 games and won 1 game. He's needs to work very hard on his arm and foot work during the off season and he will be good next year.

#12 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

No one under AR is a good QB as of now. That is literally not possible with our o-line and coaching. Foles is not playing stellar, granted. But I would rather see him play then Vick. Vick would have had 4 ints and 5 fumbles had he played, so Foles' 1int 1 fumble is ok for now. The Maclin pass was bad, I will admit it. But whoever keeps trying to blame Foles for the pass to the TE Moore is incorrect on passing blame. Moore was in as a receiver, he was open and Foles found him. Not Foles' fault because Moore couldn't hold onto the ball. This is the same story with the Eagles for the last two years though. Nothing new.

#13 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

How many losses does it take on into next year to realize Foles isn't any better than what you see. With the protection that he has been given which is better than Vick ever had this year, he has to pull through and the desire to win has to kick in at some point. Now, If Vick had played, be blow the Redskins out just by pure determination. Foles is average at best and people need to accept that. And arg7822, I totally agree with you, and Whoissantaclaus, every qb sheds the blame in a loss and no matter what Vick does, you hate him personally that's why you settle for mediocrity.

#14 Whoissantaclaus

Whoissantaclaus

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I dont settle for mediocrity. I just dont jump the gun like you and arg7822. You guys are trying to base Foles ability on a month of playing? Get real. With our lousy coaching, who can really blame them. If you guys followed trend instead of immediate pay-off, you'd know better. Look at Aaron Rodgers, first year playing after years on the bench, he went 8-8 and looked average as well. Now we all know he is not average. Now look at Cam Newton. Rookie season he posted monstrous stats and now look at him, worse off than where he was in his rookie season. Sitting here trying to label Foles as mediocre because he was thrown into the starting lineup on a team that wasn't winning anyway with a defense that cant stop a bleeding nose and the quick answer is "Foles is average?" Please, the truth is no one on this board can evaluate a QB properly so don't act like you can. My take on it all is that Foles was tossed in at starting QB when the season was over anyway and at this point I would rather take the losses for much better draft picks. I am more concerned about the future than I am about Foles trying to win games on a pissed away season.

#15 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

.That is all coaching there. Foles did what he was suppose to do and drove them down to score. AR has to tell his rookie QB in that situation to take 2 steps throw. If not open through the endzone. He scrambled got hit and game over. A veteran coaching staff needs to make sure to at least get 1 more shot, in that situation. I don't even think we can judge how good anyone is with the poor coaching this year. Hell, Vick might look good under better coaching and O line, next year. But Foles has a chance to have a great year next yr. He has had a couple 300 plus yard games and made some big throws. If he gets better play calls and protection. He could have a great career ahead of him.

#16 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

IT was Andy's fault, Moore shouldn't have been in there typical crappy coaching.good bye Andy ,good bye Marty Fole's threw a good pass with a broken hand