Photo

[News] Better Effort By 'D' Not Enough

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,615 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

For the Eagles’ defense, Sunday’s game was a battle of ups and downs. On the one hand, they had a few crucial stops and made several big plays. But they also didn’t do enough to stop quarterback Ro...

View the full article

#2 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

4 tackles from a middle linebacker. That has to be a joke. Awful. We need a 3-4 defense NOW and we need a coach who knows the importance of linebacker size and ability. There is no excuse for 4 tackles from a MLB who should be notching double digits each time he staps on the field. Poor hustle, poor playcalling and terrible run defense is about the worst thing i could see in football. This was pitiful. Time to clean house, get ride of everyone and start over, primaraly by drafting Shayne Skov in rd 2

#3 bringit91

bringit91

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

pace7525.....I dont think the 3-4 is the answer. Seattle, Chicago, and Denver sure look good playing a 4-3. We dont have the personnel to run the 3-4. I think were just a strong side linebacker away from having a good front 7. The secondary has to be completely rebuilt, but that would be the same for the 3-4 too.

#4 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

true.. not a bad idea either. I just think that DRC could be a top corner in a 3-4 and I believe that trent cole could play OLB, as he covers often anyway or at least he did. I think brandon graham could also be an OLB, and kendricks and (hopefully shayne skov is our 2nd round pick) could play ILB, (their natural psitions anyway) Cox and jenkins can play a 5 technique or 3-4 DE, and patterson, landri, and thornton could rotate at nose, having landri and thornton play end as well in a rotation. I think we should get rid of vick for Landry from the jets and we have our 3-4, but I see your point too

#5 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Washington did gadget plays all day. Looked like a College offense running around out there. Washington better enjoy their Cinderella season. Our season on the other hand has been a nightmare and I looking forward to the off season. Our Defense played ok. Only wish they could have held them for a field goal on their last drive.

#6 apollo856

apollo856

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Defense solid, better effort by "d" but not enough? WHat game was this clown watching. The defense was worse this week then it was last week and our offensive line was terrible especially Dunlap yet again.

#7 duckhunter

duckhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's a good thing RGIII doesn't play for the Eagles. All the Eagles critics would crucify the guy, you know, he threw "1 interception" yesterday and several incomplete passes - - so obviously he is the worst QB of all time. And, the Skin's defense gave up 20 points to the "worst" offense ever. The Eagles played a pretty good game yesterday, offensively and defensively. And, they played better than many of the much better teams did in their games yesterday. Go Eagles.

#8 slowcookedmeal

slowcookedmeal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

pace7525...You say that 4 tackles is a terrible performance by a mlb(certainly not good) and that presumably a mlb should get double digit tackles every game(maybe asking alot). While your not completely off, your answer to those problems is to get rid of everyone and build a defense around shayne skov. I haven't seen the kid play since the beginning of last year(pretty good), but this year he has only one game with double digits(10) and multiple games of 3 and 4 tackles. I understand that they(stanford) run a 3-4/hybrid with 2 inside lbs, but if you are going to be a star in the pros, you better be averaging more than 6 tackles a game in college. Also your size agrument is flawed in that Skov is 2 inches taller than Ryans(not really going to make a difference) and Kendricks is 2 inches shorter than him and 10 pounds lighter. ILB might be his natural position but he played in the pac-12 which is a speed conference not a power one.
There really is no difference for a cb(DRC) in a 3-4 or 4-3. The coverage is either man or zone. I don't think that he would play any differently in either system. In todays pass-heavy NFL he's just a really good nickel back. He has great speed but lacks the intangibles.
While I love watching Landry run around the feild, he's just a faster and harder hitting Kurt Coleman(neither one wraps up and misses way to many tackles).
I agree with most of your other ideas, except I don't think Patterson is dominant enough for nt and I'm not sure about Graham as an OLB(maybe on obvious running downs). I think he's a pure 4-3 end.
Duckhunter and bringit91...Right on.
Apollo856...Dunlap is horrible even for a backup.