[News] Eagles Fall Short In Home Finale

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,749 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Valiant, but ultimately not enough. That's how head coach Andy Reid described his team's effort in the final home game of the 2012 season. "I appreciate the effort, but the objective here is to win...

View the full article

#2 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

"I'm not a backup. Just being honest, just being candid. I'm a full-fledged starter. " -MIKE VICK....    I hope this dude gets castrated... like for real shut your Fing mouth youve done nothing but fumble the ball butterfingers. You cant even start on a 4 win team and your running your mouth to the media... I hope someone knocks that dude out cold

#3 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I like him to run his mouth, maybe he can fool some GM into trading for him. Plus, if he is on another team, the Iggles got a better chance of making the Super Bowl. He's the only QB McNabb could beat in the NFC championship game.

#4 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

haha good perspective hedge...  i like the optimism. Thanks for helping me see it differently.... im just so pissed i wasted my time streaming games from NY on the internet because this season was a complete joke #sonotworthit.....

#5 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

We may surprise and beat the Giants.  They have been stinking lately.  I had thought that they would win this division but they have fallen appart.

#6 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

i think we should sit our starters and lose the game for draft pick reasons. Andys gone after this next game anyway. Id honestly forfeit the game if that was an option. Get the #3 pick and use it to trade back for the jets pick, package vick with it, and get 2 2nd round picks to take a LB and a safety, after taking joeckle in rd 1.

#7 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

foles, He played a heck of a game, with excellent decision making. The only pass he didnt handle well was the under throw to maclin. Hes a rookie from arizona state!  Hes doing his thing and is very accurate in the mid range game and on the move.  this team should be 1-15.

The higher the pick we get the better. For either trade value or a player. ,I argued with this clown on here named whole9  who thinks this draft year is weak and its better to win as many games as we can to close out for dignity or morale. Lol what a joke! Draft picks and free agents is how teams improve and jerk offs on here rather win meaningless games .  With a top 5 pick to trade and the fat we can cut off this team, we can bounce back real good for next year

#8 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

agreed. This draft is pretty freaking deep. LB's might be hard to come by in the later rounds, but I really think we need both Joeckle, and dee milliner if at all possible. I know that means 2 first round picks, but I would trade practically anyone or anything to have both of them. Lets start by packaging vick and nnamdi, and potentially trade back our first rd pick, and lets see what can happen. We need milliner to take over for the failed corner from oaklad, and we need joeckle for obvious reasons.

#9 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

View Postpace7525, on 23 December 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

"I'm not a backup. Just being honest, just being candid. I'm a full-fledged starter. " -MIKE VICK.... I hope this dude gets castrated... like for real shut your Fing mouth youve done nothing but fumble the ball butterfingers. You cant even start on a 4 win team and your running your mouth to the media... I hope someone knocks that dude out cold

You are a sick BA*****.  If you are going to post say something useful don't be so gay!

#10 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

hey canada eagle.. are you terrance or phillip?

and dont tell me what to do son... thats disrespectful

#11 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

im allowed an opinion just like everyone else canada... eh?

and boom goes the dynamite

#12 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Pace im not sure we should take and o lineman in the first rd...omly because all our starters were hurt, so they will return next year...id still draft one or 2 in later rounds tho.   We have enuff players to trade also, and plenty to just release.  Idk if they will look to free agency for a safety, we def need a corner, to replace either drc or nnamdi (most,likely nnam). Jenkins will be gone..  I wish we had a bigger better wr, tired of the little, injury prone dudes. Cooper improved, but hes not it. Avant has earned his keep, id trade jackson if i could get a fitzgerald lol.  I hope we stick with foles..dude has great decision making and knows his limitations, he just has to work on,the,deep ball.  We arent as far gone as sum ppl think. We need a stud wr for the offense, defense will need another linebacker,corner, and safety. one or 2 of those positions has to be a game changer, a person,qbs have to acknowledge. I hope reid stays, but sum other coaches go or change. I feel this awful season was a blessing in diaguise. Now we have no choice but to eliminatw the garbage.

#13 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

dub.... a ruptured acchilies is a pretty haindering injury (I am a physical therapy grad student) which could hinder Jason Peters play, and could porentially end his career. We basically have no insurance at LT if peters is not 100%, and we also currently do not have a right guard seeing that watkins sucks. We could move herramens back inside to guard where he excelled for years, and put Joeckle at RT, assuming peters does come back. Keep in mind, our line is getting older (herramens 30, peters 33) we need depth becaue bell and dunlap are god awful.  The only saving grace would be to sign Jake Long in UFA, and draft dee milliner in rd 1. after trading back for 2 2nd round picks. grabbing jake matthews in rd 2 if he drops, and hopefully an adequite sized safety (210  and at least 6'. But then again this is just my opinion and a ton of speculation

#14 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

We have a lot of capable linemen outside of dennis kelly.  We lost 4 starters then potatoe headed the line with rookies. Im just saying i wouldnt use a first or second round pick on a linemen, not saying ignore the position by anymeans, just not first or second unless theres a gaurantee dude is hof lol. The rookies got a valuable a** beating on the oline. I just think next year it will be ok. I just feel safety, linebacker, corner, wr has to be addressed for its talent value in the draft. Id rather a first ,second round player of those positions than a late rounder (kurt coleman) to start.  Heres to the future and maybe free agency

#15 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

we are pretty set on reciver for now. We dont need a first round reciver because plenty of recivers drafted late become great. Tht it not altogether true for lineman. I personally think if we dont get jake long we MUST use a first round pick on a lineman.. once again my opinion, but either way this offseason needs to bring new coaches before anything.

#16 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

who would you take in the first 3 rds dub? i feel that most of te players in rd 1 and 2 are either olineman or defensive, but not safeties, and corner is not very deep in this draft. The other LB's are all OLB's/DE's and since we run a 4-3 we dont need that....  and Teo is only 225 lbs. He will not be big enough to play at a high level in the NFL. He has the skills but size is half the battle

#17 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I cant say we are set at receiver until we get sumone who can abuse a 1on1 more times than not. I envy qbs who have guys like boldin, fitz, v jackson, healthy dez bryant, both johnsons and so on. Its a luxury we need to stop ignoring. Our wrs just have to fine openings in zones or when plays break down they are open. Id like one guy who u can feed the ball to consistantly.  Well we all know the other positions we need to work on.... This will be a media filled, roller coaster of an off season

#18 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

yeah i got that i agree... but are there any viable recivers in the top 10 to take that could do that... who is a better pcik in the top like 5 or so, because, as we all know we will pick top 5...   there are no projected recivers until the late teens according to the mocks im looking at.