[News] Foles Breaks Hand; Vick Likely To Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,739 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

The prism through which Eagles fans and quarterback evaluators, amateur or otherwise, viewed Nick Foles' performance in Sunday's 27-20 loss to the Washington Redskins changed Monday when head coach...

View the full article

#2 dlynch33

dlynch33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I hope Vick doesn't play. He had his chance to help the team. They should put Edwards in if Foles can't play. Seriously!!!

#3 mrlu2u

mrlu2u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

See what happens when you put a rookie behind that O-line? Now the Foles ERA is done before it started...

#4 saifire

saifire

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

i think we should trade Vick somewhere else because he's not needed here and other teams are desperate for a new quarterback. I also think Edwards should start so we can see what he can do.

#5 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Thank god, now we get to see some action on the field.  Tired of seeing that tired old non exciting team for the last 7 weeks, geez!
Edwards should have been the starter the last 7 games not Foles.  Both of them can only hold Vicks jock strap!

#6 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

We need to let Vick start. Maybe just maybe he lights it up against the Gints and we can squeeze a 7th rounder out of someone for him. Better than just cutting him. We have to put him in the consciousness of the rest of the NFL.

#7 1960stillwaitin

1960stillwaitin

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

With the OL healthy and Foles getting real playing time, next season has promise. What the Birds need is DEFENSE
Whoever is coach must evaluate this secondary but also take another look at the front seven. Maybe a new direction that will lead this Defense back to the days of Glory and be in the top 5 once again. I have this on my Wish List for 2013..........Another year of wait till next season !  For me Time is running out.......tick tock tick tock

#8 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,775 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

@whole9 just what was Vick doing so greatly besides running for his life most of the tiem that makes him so more exciting? Can't wait for him and all the Vick delusionals to be gone from this fan base. Foles was playing againt everyones starters while he had mostly back ups surrounding him. Still he performed better than Vick did with the starters (less Peters).
@1960 I am in the same age era as you , so I understand your plight . I too think Foles showed great promise for next season. He played pretty well considering the situation he was thrown into. Yes, he made some badly timed mistakes. But so do seasoned veteran QB's with many years of experience to their credit. No one is perfect. But many of the anti Foles campers expect him to be.

#9 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I still think files is not the answer same results happened just like Mike Vick got hurt ,, fix the o- line and start Vick in 2013 and you'll see greater improvement in 2013 with a possible super bowl appearance , fix that defense because it's horrible and watch Mike Vick beat the giants for no playoff. I still believe In number 7!!  prime example  Russel Wilson 5"10

#10 harley2024

harley2024

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Vick played as good as he could with the sorry a** O line he had to work with. The O line seems better now so lets see how he does. You could have had any top QB behind the line Vic played with and you would have had the same results!

#11 SUPERMANXX21

SUPERMANXX21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:I was Born

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm sorry but Vick is the best option for this team and will be for the next couple of years. You all do understand that Vick played behind the 2nd worse o-line in the league rite? And I'm not going make excuses for his miscues this season but if you ppl really think Ried and Vick are to blame this season, then you should go see a shrink and you don't know football. Vick isn't doing well with the pocket passing system tho he does decent in the pocket. But he is a west coast offense player and he should have been used to his talents not what ppl want him to be. If you look at his whole career he is a winning QB far as seasons go. He may not have put up big passing numbers but the wins came in and the team always was near the top in rushing and gave the team balance to win. TEAM VICK 4-LIFE.

#12 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Start Trent Edwards! The team, fans, and the media do not like Vick as the face of the Eagles. They reject him as a leader, person, and player in the NFL.
  The offensive line is going to take the day off on Sunday. In a couple of hours the offensive line is going to get a memo and bonus check to allow the Giants defensive rushers to knock Vick's head off. I predict that by the 3rd quarter one or more right side offensive linemen is going to purposely miss a Giants rusher(s) and the rusher(s) is going run over him like a run away freight train. Then Vick's career is over.
  Many people, teammates, and media wants him out of the NFL. This move is to protect Foles' image because the Giants is fighting for the playoffs and the Giants' defense have the potential to embarrass Foles which might affect his approval ratings as a starter next year.  
  Vick is going to be running for his life like a Rodeo clown. Trent Edwards be ready to play.

#13 philly1987

philly1987

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I agree superman , I believe in number 7 still and that o- line needs to be tweaked with a few strong line players and the D needs huge fixing , other then that with just MM gone I believe that the eagles can make a super bowl appearance.

#14 harley2024

harley2024

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

arg where do you come up with this sh**? fans say this and fans say that. players will what? get him hurt on purpose?? you dont speak for anyone but yourself.

#15 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Watch on Sunday how the offensive line is going to take the day off. They don't want him under center or playing in the NFL because of his contract. Have the ambulance and Trent Edwards on stand by. Matter of fact, Start Trent Edwards, he's a good quarterback.

#16 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Show me one positive article on Vick this year, then with a exception of a few,  many people express their views on discussion boards on Vick and they're negative.

#17 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Edwards should have started after the concussion, might have snuck a few wins in.  But you may be right about the O line.

Either way we have excitement on the field.

#18 harley2024

harley2024

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I guess we will see on Sunday, try to be on here on Monday i'll eat crow if i'm wrong will you?..lol

#19 harley2024

harley2024

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Vick played as good as he could with the sorry a** O line he had to work with

#20 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hopefully the coaches will notice how good Trent Edwards is this week in practice.

#21 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

arg7822 Your hate for Vick has no boundaries.  Even to fool yourself into think Edwards and Foles are better playmakers than Vick, Wow!  No one in their right mind would even entertain the possibility.  I don't see teams making a run at Foles or Edwards, but you will see them knocking the door down for Vick.  I wonder why? Amazing!

#22 whole9

whole9

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Vick backing up Foles or Edwards, that's a brain fart trying to make sense of the notion, lol!  Funny!

#23 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

ATTENTION: SUPERMAN, arg, Harley 2024, philly1987 & whole9
M. Vick is not now and never has been an elite QB!
All the time he spent with Atlanta earned him a QB rating of 75.7 and after comimg to Philly he raised it to 80.7 for his career. If you take into consideration all his playoff wins he grades out as an average QB.
If you add in all his turnovers he grades out as mediocre!
Show a little smarts for a change and stop whipping that dead horse.

#24 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

ATTENTION: OldBill1934 I am smart enough to know that your hate for Vick has nothing to do with football. Read my posts Old Bill and you would read that I want "Trent Edwards" to start against the Giants. Your hate for Vick is affecting your reading skills.

#25 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

It's too bad that Nick broke his hand:

"Eagles rookie quarterback Nick Foles has a broken right hand, and coach Andy Reid said Michael Vick will likely start against the New York Giants in Sunday's season finale."

It has been a tough year for many QBs injury wise.

Although I still believe Vick has alot of juice in him, I don't understand why AR would start him if he is the 3rd string QB (for the Eagles) and he was inactive this week unless it has to do with money.  Perhaps having him as inactive saved the Eagles money.  To me actions speak louder than words.  The Eagles don't have any real use for Trent Edwards or else they would start him in the last game.  Perhaps he is an inexpensive insurance option for a back-up QB.

What's AR's thought process?  Perhaps motivate Vick to earn back his starting position?  A fact that I am sure that management has noted is, regardless of Nick's stats the TEAM has only won 1 game and lost all the rest.  Close doesn't count in football.   We have had many close games this year with both QBs but we need WINs.  Nick may have good potential down the road but he isn't ready yet.  So there will be choices to make at the conclusion of this season.  In addition to the QB postion, there are several postions up for changes including the coaching stafff.

On another note, if the O-Line doesn't show up on week 17 because Vick is playing (if he does) then they should all be fired!  As many of you have been saying on these boards, this is a TEAM sport.  There's no I in team.  All the employees (players) need to be professional and do their job.

#26 20BillBradley

20BillBradley

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Fan Since:70's

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Well, if anything, Vick should want to start this game to give his next team reason, or not, to sign him.  This is a one game audition for him.

#27 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

The offensive line is going to get Vick killed. They rather protect anybody but Vick. Start Trent Edwards, give him a chance. Edwards did good in pre season.

#28 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

View Postphilly1987, on 24 December 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I still think files is not the answer same results happened just like Mike Vick got hurt ,, fix the o- line and start Vick in 2013 and you'll see greater improvement in 2013 with a possible super bowl appearance , fix that defense because it's horrible and watch Mike Vick beat the giants for no playoff. I still believe In number 7!!  prime example  Russel Wilson 5"10
Russell Wilson's WR's are not 5'7" like ours. Plus, his D doesn't always have him playing from behind. Also, how many fumbles and INT's does Wilson have?

#29 brianfive

brianfive

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

hey arg do u think we are all idiots or what? How do u know the o line wants? or who they would rather protect?and its trent edwards NOT trent foles idiot!

#30 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

What if Foles is playing politics? Knowing that the Giants' defense is going to bring their "A game"; Foles can protect his image by not losing another game as a starter in which that would protect his starting position. I think with the Giants fighting for a playoff berth, the Giants have enough videos on Foles to expose his weakness and that weakness is that he hates being knockdown. I think it is better politically to sit out than to have a record of winning 1 game out of seven.