Photo

[News] What Do We Know About Nick Foles?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,785 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

As the clock ticks down on the Eagles' 2012 season, the team now has a complete picture regarding the performance of quarterback Nick Foles after head coach Andy Reid announced that the rookie's se...

View the full article

#2 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Watching Foles run our offense makes EAGLES football fun again. Now we feel like we have a chance to win!

#3 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

He moves well in the pocket, and maintains his vision downfield. He seems to have a good presence of where people are around him. He needs to work with his receivers in the offseason to get better at his downfield passing. Hopefully new coach brings in a QB friendly methodology. Always thought that was AR's strongest suit.

#4 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

really only had one good game, not sure he is the answer, guess time will tell.

#5 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

If I am calling the shots (which I'm not) Foles starts next year. He needs a full year to play with the starters to assess his talent AND the most important thing is that there is not going to be anyone else available to bring in next year who is better than him. NO not even Alex Smith!

#6 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Given the circumstances he was thrust into ( most of the verteran leadership ) on IR or out for periods of time, I think he acquited himself as well as anyone could under those conditions. I think he has earned the right to be the starter next season He gave us a chance in every game to come out with the "W". .Someone going down every week. Its hard to compete effectively when you lose key guys like that. No QB with the limited experience he had would have been successful under those kind of conditions. You take away those other QB's key weapons and see how well they would have faired. And they had the benefit of an entire season and off season to mature, develope within their system. Andy's/Marty's system is not a QB friendly system. They put too much of the responsibility on the QB.

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

I think we have seen enough, to say he is a legit starter for next season. No reason to get him further injured to see anymore. He made mistakes but has been under some pressure. Could not look much better then he has, if you consider he is a rookie and most of the starting linemen. have been hurt. It will be nice to see Vick against a struggling Giants D. Vick has a knack for beating the giants. Hopefully his benching lights a spark under his @ss. Not that it really matters anymore but you know Vick wants to show other teams he can bounce back. Foles is our guy but we still need a back up. Haven't seen Edwards at all, this year. If Vick sux, maybe we will.

#8 EaglesLB

EaglesLB

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

If Evan Moore catches that ball, people aren't even asking the question if Foles can be the QB next year. It's obvious the game is fast for him right now, but that should improve. If he is motivated and diligent, he can work on his footwork, decisions, and deep throws.

Of course, the flip side is that this year, he could be calm because he's playing loose, with house money. Not everyone responds well to being named the man.

#9 spider215

spider215

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

The O did move better but I would like to see him after ota's and camp

#10 turtlepoet

turtlepoet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

I know Foles changes plays at the line of scrimmage, he also varies his snap count, causing more teams to jump offside. Things I did not see out of Vick.

#11 eagles6364

eagles6364

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Ok i know everyone is going to disagree but im gonna say it anyway.We should bring in Tebow to play QB next year, i know he cant throw or read defenses or do most the things QB's should.Also i know he brings unwanted attention from the media but what you cant deny is that he's a winner and he can run a option and run based offense(which is what you all kind of wanted) Tebow,Bryce and Shady together. i think that can work.

#12 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Foles is our QB I think he is going to be really good next season if we can build up our O Line and get a good offensive coordinator

#13 danceswithrocks

danceswithrocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Bring back Foles as #1 next year. It will be a year of reconstruction for the OL and D as well as coaching staff and new schemes, the draft picks should be used on the line and safety positions. We should be hitting on all cylinders by the half way point in 2013. Best hope is to position for a playoff slot in 2013 with a rapidly improving offense and defense, then see where it goes from there.

#14 T. McGee

T. McGee

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Ok i know everyone is going to disagree but im gonna say it anyway.We should bring in Tebow to play QB next year, i know he cant throw or read defenses or do most the things QB's should.Also i know he brings unwanted attention from the media but what you cant deny is that he's a winner and he can run a option and run based offense(which is what you all kind of wanted) Tebow,Bryce and Shady together. i think that can work.

No. What are you going to have two offenses? One for Foles and one for Tebow? Or are you suggesting Tebow come in as the starter? If so, we just wasted money on DJAX cause Tebow couldn't hit him if he threw it as soon as he got it. Tebow would be good in JAx. A team with no other good players 9once MJD walks).

#15 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I just hope he gets better and better next year!

#16 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

He has a lot of potential. Seen a lot of stuff I liked and some not so much... I hope he works extra hard this offseason to tighten up on some of his mechanics and shows us he is our future here in Philly.

#17 novick

novick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

We know a couple of things....He does NOT kill dogs...he is a much better QB than Vick...a much better human being...let's just hope they keep him and can that Vick.......

#18 LouA

LouA

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

WTG Foles,, good luck man, I think you will be fine
can't wait until next year