Photo

[News] Vick: Back In Control At Quarterback

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,871 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

The last time Michael Vick started a game against the Giants in New York, he engineered perhaps the most incredible come-from-behind win in franchise history. In that game, dubbed the "Miracle at t...

View the full article

#2 Naforce

Naforce

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Where do the 8 fumbles come from? He has 10 fumbles, 5 lost. Not sure where 8 comes from.

#3 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Another disaster in the making. A fitting end to one of the worst seasons in Eagles history.
Farewell to Michael Vick and to Andy Reid. 4-12 could have been 0-16. Those 4 wins we had were mighty close and could easily have gone against us. There were only victories against 2 decent teams, Giants and Ravens. Bucs and Browns victories are nothing to rave about. Bad coaching and poor execution on the field. This mess squarely rests with Andy Reid and company.. If Michael Vick doesn't run he is a mediocre quarterback. Now that he can't do that effectively his place in the NFL is very doubtful.

#4 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hmmm, "Vick back in control" that's an oxymoron if there ever was one.

#5 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

I've been a fan for 20 plus years and this has to be the worst eagles team ever.With all the hype in the offseason and we as fans have to pay to watch these soft a** panzies.Its just time for a change, blow the whole thing up. Atleast if we suck next year it will be because we are rebuilding and not because we are over paying the over rated talent we have right now!

#6 hyperswipe

hyperswipe

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Why do people say Vick can't run anymore? you sound so ignorant! when healthy, he is still the fastest qb in the league... ever! if he's lost a step, that would mean he's only about as fast as RGIII! i'm sure he's still in 4.3's! grow up!

#7 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

You are right when you say "4-12 could have been 0-16." BUT it could have been perhaps 10- 6 or 9 -7 there were many close games but we beat ourselves too many times. How many times were we in the RED ZONE but couldn't score? Some times 2 or 3 times in a game. Sometimes we got a field goal sometimes 0 points.

I still think the Eagles have a lot of potential and several good players.

#8 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

A running quarterback is an asset for sure. Primarily he must be a quality throwing quarterback first. Michael Vick was never really a great throwing quarterback. Even back in Atlanta. yes he could throw 20-25 yards but not the pinpoint accuracy of the really great QB's. He dominated with his feet. We didn't see much of that even way back in September. I don;t see the wisdom in keeping him or Andy Reid and his band of awful coaches. Andy brought Washburn in himself. Juan Castillo fell on the sword for Andy. Now he says he never should have hired Washburn to begin with. . Andy had a good run but it things are going downhill fast. He needs to have a change as much as the Eagles do.
The Eagles are what there record says. I have season tickets and witnessed first hand the debacle of this season. Decimated by Atlanta. Blew it against the Lions. Loss the Carolina who was even worse than the Eagles. There is a lot of blame to go around. Asante Samuel was correct when he said the management thinks it is Fantasy Football. Just sprinkle in top dollar free agents and poof, you win a championship. I hope Asante gets to the Superbowl this year. He is a hell of a player.

#9 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

If Andy Reid doesn't get fired, my season tickets are for sale for next season if anybody wants them.

#10 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

M. Vick Learn how to read a defense, how to slide, how to throw the football away when you have to, how to run out of bounds when you should, how to change a play, stop looking at your primary receiver until you throw the football, hold on to the football don't fumble, don't throw any INT. & lots of luck.

#11 Unknownbird

Unknownbird

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Another disaster in the making. A fitting end to one of the worst seasons in Eagles history.
Farewell to Michael Vick and to Andy Reid. 4-12 could have been 0-16. Those 4 wins we had were mighty close and could easily have gone against us. There were only victories against 2 decent teams, Giants and Ravens. Bucs and Browns victories are nothing to rave about. Bad coaching and poor execution on the field. This mess squarely rests with Andy Reid and company.. If Michael Vick doesn't run he is a mediocre quarterback. Now that he can't do that effectively his place in the NFL is very doubtful.

ok, you said only 2 of our wins were from credible teams, the Giants and Ravens, not saying your a vick hater but if I do recal, vick was the Qb of those 2 games, Right?