Photo

[News] Will Vick's Return Inspire The Eagles?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,785 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

This Sunday, quarterback Michael Vick leads the Eagles back to MetLife Stadium. In the final game for the Eagles in 2012, Vick returns as the starting quarterback after the Eagles placed Nick Foles...

View the full article

#2 crabman957

crabman957

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Not one bit !!

#3 PhillyD4218

PhillyD4218

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I HOPE NOT! We are locked in at a 3 spot draft pick with the raiders and winning this worthless game means nothing! Proved that by winning 4 in a row to end last year so no please Vick get hurt on the first play and lets countdown for free agency and the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Birds in 2013'!

#4 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

A lot of Vick fans are inspired this week, but they still won't be watching the game like us Eagles fans will. Can't wait for 2013 but still gonna cheer on Sunday.

#5 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I hope Vick goes to an AFC team, he still has a lot left in the tank and has shown he has a lot of heart. It would be a shame to see him play in the NFC and have to compete against the Eagles.

#6 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

i hope our o-line blocks for vick the same way they blocked for Foles. Then the world and the denial eagles fans will see just how bad vick blows D

#7 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

PhillyD4218 said:

"We are locked in at a 3 spot draft pick with the raiders and winning this worthless game means nothing!"
I understand this.

PhillyD4218 said: "Vick get hurt on the first play" is totally RETARDED.

#8 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

At this point, the season is OVER. Some of the guys are playing get a position for next year, some don't have to worry about next year (they playued well and have a gauranteed contract) and some probably don't want to get injured in a meaniless game and other will always play to the best of their ability because they love to play football.

#9 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

It's not going to matter how Vick performs on Sunday. It's impossible for Vick to please those people who hate him. There's a lot of high paid quarterbacks not going to the playoffs this year that are veterans, with multiple turnovers ( Romo is not included yet, waiting for the results of Sunday's game). Their hate for Vick has nothing to do with football.

#10 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

actually i hate vick because he fumbles can not read a defense and can not create a passing game in the pocket.. im pretty sure those all have to do with football. That was the dumbest comment of the night and honeslty i am embarassed that your an eagle fan. You bring our stadium's IQ down by 50 points arg

Nick Foles has been a class act, and a reliable, consistant QB since he has taken the reigns. He has overcome the poor blocking on our offensive front. He has overcome injuries to his star recivers, and he has improved every week. What more could we ask for, coming such a long way from butterfinger vick to a consistant young gun. Noone has anything negative to say bout foles, as he has given fans nothing to dislike. He is the QB of the future, and I stand by my statements after preseason tha he could be a top QB in the league given a healthy offensive line for the next two years. kmarcelli you hav the right to your own opinion but bro your opinion is frigging stupid and not backed by anything except a hater mentality, and clearly below average football intelligence. Thank you and goodnight

#11 rehabmax

rehabmax

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Ha, ha , ha. Inspire the Eagles. Excuse while I go pass a kidney stone.

#12 purephillyfan

purephillyfan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1953

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Hey PhillyD4218,,,,,, why would you want Vick to get hurt on the first play? We would have to put in Edwards and he might win a game a mess us up in the draft, Should have started Edwards long ago.

#13 Tseren36

Tseren36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

Vick...have the best time of your life!! GO EAGLES!!

#14 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Vick needs to throw 4 int's and fumble 6 times on his way out the door. He couldn't play behind the bad offensive line weeks ago, What changes that suddenly now? I, personally, can't wait, until this season's over. As a season ticket holder for 25 years, I'm tired of the fat man lying to me that he's going to do a better job for 14 years and then never keeping his word.

#15 odin8888

odin8888

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 21,447 posts
  • Fan Since:4ever

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Gimme a break... LOL

Turnover machine vick is now "inspirational" lol .... Just give me the top 3 or 4 draft pick with your usual turnovers, exciting runs, and bad redzone offense.

#16 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

@pace7525 Nick Foles is a class act. He handles losing games very well. You're right, he's a genius, I need to ignore his fumbling stats. It's not fair to Foles to bring up anything negative about him because he's a nice kid. It's not about winning when it comes to Foles. It's about how smart and polite he is. I wish that instead of tackle football that the commissioner could change it to tag because Nick Foles is a nice person and football should be about if you're smart in the class room and how nice you are when talk to reporters at press conferences. Nick Foles was so smart the last game, that instead of throwing the football passed the field goal where two Eagle receivers were at, he made the decision to intentional ground it with less than 10 seconds left, it was such a smart decision that we lost the game due to that penalty. Also, please ignore his interception and his fumble for a lost that cost the Eagles 10 points, because Foles is a class act and he's very smart.

#17 SteelcityCanada

SteelcityCanada

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Arg, anyone that uses the words "haters" and "Vick" in the same sentence have no credibility. That is, unless you are commenting on facebook, in which case "Foles sucks, haters wanna hate, Vick is god" repeated 1000 times is gold. You seem to forget that Vick makes the same rookie mistakes as Foles, only Vick is supposed to be playing like the ELITE veteran he is being paid for.

#18 pace7525

pace7525

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:32 AM

Foles is a rookie and can not be expected wo win a game all on his own. The QB doesnt make the whole team ARG the team makes the team. Foles has had above average passer ratings, and overall stats each game since he has taken over. Honestly, Im asking now because I truley dont understand what else he could do for this team. His recivers o-line, and defense blow, so where in that does he have a responsability to "win games" all he can do at this point is do him, which is what he proved he is good at.

#19 Unknownbird

Unknownbird

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I cant wait!!! Vicks gonna have a very good game come sunday, he knows that line aint **** and the playbook sucks!! He is gonna play vick ball and shut hatters up, what he should of done in the first place!! for all you non believers out there who is stuck on foles, I like foles but, Vick will be here next season, he will take that pay cut to stay here!! He dont really want to go anywhere else, a new coaching staff coming? It will work out for him, he just got to take the pay cut, he's not a greedy dude.

#20 dub sel

dub sel

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Unknown bird u are simple. Did u say Vick ball, and basically ignore the play book? So u want him to play how he did in atl which didn't get him anywhere, and do it at 33 years old? Y do Vick lovers only seem to want him to run around and improvise for stats and highlights? He is a terrible decision maker. Always has been. Since his arrival the team has gotten drastically worst. I noticed that Vick supporters aren't eagles fans. Cause eagle fans want a qb who can be decisive, manage his position well. Vick is awful as a qb, just a great athlete and that's not enuff. Foles makes great decisions, and that will take him a long way. Simple

#21 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

>>DDD: Shot In the Dark ( STD): Eagles at Giants. Game 16. Eagles Record becomes 4-12 worst of Andy Reid era in a game that typifies the 2012 season. Eagles fall behind on a turn-over, and MM hits the panic button again...which means all rushing plays are scrapped in favor of a pass-aholic binge!!,A scrambling for his life Vick gets injured and leaves game. Trent Edwards mops up in 2nd half.

If this game were at home, Eagles fans would have left the Linc in droves chanting "Fire Reid" and "Lurie Sucks". Eagles lose this one 12-28.

Bright spots are: Bryce Brown returns a kick-off for 70 yards, but the field position is squandered. Bryce Brown plays great in pass protection keeping a sharp Trent Edwards upright long enough to connect with Jason Avant for the Eagles only TD. Brandon Graham puts the D on the board with a sack of Manning in endzone for a safety.

#22 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,680 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

I got it Woody...but this is not an OTI thread.

#23 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

How does Foles stack up against some of the Rookie QBs in 2012?

This year Kirk Cousins Came cold off the bench and played 2 important games and won them for Washington Redskins. If they had lost those 2 games they wouldn't have a chance at being in the playoffs or possibly winning the NFC East. That is clutch playing.

Nick Foles isn''t in the same category as an Andrew Luck, RG3 or Russell Wilson. Therefore, he wouldn't have been given the opportunity to start on any NFL team in 2012. We must be realistic. Perhaps he will have the opportunity to start in 2013. I'm not convinced yet. I do see some potential but I'm not convinced.

Nick had the opportunity to win a bunch of games but he didn't. For whatever reason he didn't win those games. I'm not dissing Nick but he has got to win games and he will have to earn the position in 2013 if that opportunity hasn't passed already. The front office may have made thier minds up already.

Yes he's progressed but he didn't win games. Can you imagine if he had won 4 games instead of 1? Then having him start next year would be a NO BRAINER. Right now the decision isn't clear cut.

Remember winning is the objective. It doesn't matter if it's an ugly or pretty win.

#24 arg7822

arg7822

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Please stop bringing up Nick Foles' negative stats and poor plays. Remember we accomplish our goal of cutting Vick at the end of the season. We hate the fact he had a 2nd chance to play in the NFL. We have been gnashing our teeth because of his contract. We don't care about winning. We have won the Superbowl. Our Superbowl was to get rid of Vick. It's ok if Nick Foles leads the team to a couple of losing seasons because he's a nice kid, a class act, and a smart guy. So if anyones bring up anything that's negative about Foles; you counter it by calling them Vick lovers, Vick is paid too much, Vick is old, Vick's a turnover machine orFoles is a smart quarterback, Foles is a calm person etc. It's a great diversion tactic. You maximize Vick's negatives and don't bring anything positive. On the other hand you maximize Nick Foles positives and don't bring up anything negative. Remember our greatest day of this season is when we heard that Vick was going to be released at end of the season!

#25 mrlu2u

mrlu2u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wow arg7822 really has a problem with Vick...i Doubt he is a true Eagles fan if she says that it's ok to lose ...

#26 SUPERMANXX21

SUPERMANXX21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:I was Born

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

13 fourth quarter comebacks, 14 game-winning drives. 56-43 win/loss. to the guys that said he did nothing in the past. He only has 4 more losses then tom brady. And us Vick guys like him running because thats his game and a winning formula when using Vick. He is 6 foot tall so him being in the pocket with a bad o-line isn't smart. He needs to being throwing from outside the pocket like bootlegs and such not only that when he does run the ball 10 times a game would open up the deep ball threat. He is great at running and throwing and throwing on the run.

#27 brianfive

brianfive

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Fan Since:birth

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

amen superman! why this fan base is soooooo narrow minded I will never know

#28 2timeouts

2timeouts