[News] Fan-Demonium: No Quit In This Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,762 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

The holiday break is over and that means it is time to get back to business. Let's start by talking about the Eagles’ loss to the Redskins on Sunday. The final score of the game was 27-20 and the ...

View the full article

#2 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,783 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Tommy, I think the key to your article is " youth" especially this season.. I always enjoy reading your observations on the outcome of the games. Why plays succeed or fail. I give you that you know a lot more about the game than I do. But at times I think you are abit too critical  on the young guys. I get the distinct feeling that because they are now in the NFL you (and much of the media and fans) think they  must excel from day one.

Foles looks to me, to have all the requirements to become a very good QB of the future. No one should have expected him to come in and save this season. Given his experience and the weakened supporting cast surrounding him by the time he replaced Vick in week 10.  To have played as well as he did was impressive and remarkable in my opinion. Does he have areas of his game that he needs to improve upon. Most definitely. But what player ( QB especially) doesn't?

I understand that rookies are scrutinized much more acutlely . Because people want to see what they have to offer. But I think it is highly unfair to be overly critical of them When the vets mistakes are just chalked up to having had a bad game.

Anyway, I like what I have seen of this past draft players. Cox, Kendricks, Boykin , Brown  all have shown that they have the talent and the instincts to play in the NFL. They just lack the experience of learning to put the game away. But as you said that will come with the more experience they get. With a couple more peices added this comming draft I think we will see a much different outcome next season.

#3 grumpydave

grumpydave

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

How many "W's" did "no quit" get them this year?

#4 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I guess they don't quit.  Between the "alligator arms",  giving up on tackles, backing off coverage and turnstile blocking, they never even got started.

#5 ek218

ek218

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Coaching and lack of depth due to the ineptitude of Reid are the keys to this season.  Anyone who wants him back should be hanged for treason to the Eagles.  Anyone who loved his second best finish in 2004 and thinks that he should stay should not be allowed to root for this team.  Lets lose on Sunday and move forward. No sweeter words will be heard than "Andy is gone".  Give him a sack of burgers and send him on his way.

#6 duckhunter

duckhunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

To all the "nay sayers" - those that think the defense stinks, think again. I'm willing to bet this defense is much better than any defense you folks as a team could provide.  The defense limited one of the best emerging quarterbacks and offensive teams to 27 points.  A far better showing than any number of other "play off teams."  The important thing to remember is that the defense is showing improvements against some very good teams, these past three games.  I believe the Eagles can beat the Giants and that the Eagles defense will play havoc with the Giants offensive.  Colt Anderson will make another interception, at least one tackle for loss, perhaps a sack, and more than 5 solo tackles.  He will also get burned a time or two, but so what.  As Tommy stated, it's fun to watch him play.  Go Eagles.  Go Colt from Butte, America!

#7 Wupper

Wupper

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

ek218

And this is a true Eagle fan???Coulda fooled me!!

#8 Caribbean Soul

Caribbean Soul

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,373 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Wupper
There's a big difference between a fan and a Front Office patsy.  A fan is realistic and knows what his team needs.  A front off ice patsy falls for the crap he's being fed fy morons in the PR dept.  Which one are you?