- - - - -

PE.COM and The EMB

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,335 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Just curious about something, and not speculating on what happens in the very near future... but in the past when Buddy was let go and then Kotite and then Rhodes, how did those changes affect PE.COM and/or the EMB?

Going back to Buddy and Kotite is probably a bit too far back to have even had a PE.COM, but in general, how did it affect your office? How much control or input does a coaching staff have over these operations (if any)?

Would a coaching staff have input that might get rid of Eagles Live, for instance?

#2 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,364 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

If memory serves I think PE.com started up in 1997. Before that I used to read Eagles Digest. ^_^

#3 VaBeach_Eagle

VaBeach_Eagle

EMB Fossil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

View PostKOJO, on 27 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

If memory serves I think PE.com started up in 1997. Before that I used to read Eagles Digest. ^_^
Before it was PE.COM it was Eaglesnet.com, which the earliest entry in Archive.org is from 1996. It seems to me that I was accessing something for the Eagles as early as 1994 or 1995, though I won't swear that it was an official team site.

I'm positive that I was visiting Eagles sites (official or otherwise) during the 1995 season, I can remember specifically printing out articles to take with me to a friends house to watch the Lions playoff game with him (a Lions fan).

#4 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

are you trying to jinx us ? why would the coaching staff cancel the best thing in the whole nfl teams ? huh ?

#5 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostKOJO, on 27 December 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

Me too........man, that was a long time ago....lol.

#6 voodoochile75

voodoochile75

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,997 posts
  • Fan Since:Disco

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

All I know is the hat-backwards nitwit in the video on the homepage needs to go.