Photo

[News] An Injury With A Ripple Impact

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
173 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,760 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

The news emerged in the form of a press release, brief in its information, announcing that left tackle Jason Peters had ruptured his Achilles tendon training in Texas three days earlier. It was news that had a profound impact on the 2012 season ...

View the full article

#2 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Having a strong side of the line again will be most welcome

#3 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Kelly received some solid playing time hopefully he knows how to prepare himself for next season. The team invested heavily in Reynolds so hopefully that pays off.

#4 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

They shouldve learned that lesson when they didnt resign dawkins

#5 darksnake1

darksnake1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

BG> i been thinking about that coach your interested in going after and i dont think we should try and get him. Granted he would be better than chip kelley but i have concerns with him too. You cant really know if he is a successful coach bc Tebow bailed him out a lot when he would run and they still have a hard time scoring on the O side of the ball. Plus peyton is just a god that doesnt need to listen to his plays when hes always audibling. I said i like childress and now i'm actually thinking about dirk koetter, OC from falcons. They have improved their O tremendously since he has arrived and also seems to know how to attack defenses. I know they have a lot of weapons but they are using them to their strengths... What do you think of this candidate???

#6 TravelerVic

TravelerVic

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Bullll Shhhhh. Years of bad drafting and personal mismanagement. Resulted in reliance on free agents and failure to develop a cohesive team. Arrogance comes before the fall said roman cohort to Cesar. What we needed instead of every Yes man Andy collected is someone who would get in Andy's face and say no you will not ...those are called GMs. Real football GMs with track record of success, and not groomed from accounting department.

#7 DanTheMan81

DanTheMan81

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

yes we've known this line had problems Dave, but whats the excuse for the defense, no injurys until last week?

#8 SirWalter

SirWalter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I agree the line is ripped apart this year.We need to draft another T for future development. I also think we still need to draft future D lineman, the line is where it all starts. More than the safetys i think our corners are soft and average. I remember Troy and Lito in their prime as well as Eric Allen.Eesily said but the corners need vast improvement.

#9 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Yo Dave, Happy New Year! If you happen to know, or could find out, it would be nice to know how Jason is making out with his rehabilitation. That guy is definitely a critical piece in our puzzle.

#10 PhelanJo

PhelanJo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Once an occurrence, twice a coincidence, three times a trend. Love that quote from Brian Billick yes folks I believe he won a SB with Trent " I like to be bald" Dilfer and one of the best DEFENSES of all time which has even helped Marvin Lewis keep his HC job for years. This has been an on going problem for AR his whole tenure. The line just can't stay healthy for whatever reason. This has killed the VICK experiment and if they don't fix this FOLES will not survive either. It still all starts with DEFENSE. Chip Kelly are you freaking kidding me hire a coach that has one a SB plenty out there.

#11 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

This team needs some superstar talent. There is no denying that this team lacks playmakers. The line has been crossed. They either hit on some real monsters in the draft and pay the money to guys that can fit in here through free agency OR they will sink into a six year rebuilding(or worse). The idea is that you want to handle your business in the draft so you aren't relying on free agency.

#12 frenchladyfan

frenchladyfan

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yo Dave, Happy New Year! If you happen to know, or could find out, it would be nice to know how Jason is making out with his rehabilitation. That guy is definitely a critical piece in our puzzle.

The voice of old age, erm, i mean, wisdom!

#13 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

Billick is an a**. He is an intelligent guy. He is a better hire than some of the names I've been seeing. He has to be incredibly difficult to deal with but maybe that's what Roseman needs. If he remains.

#14 cunninghamtheman

cunninghamtheman

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,502 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

This last offseason I wanted some offensive weapons. Now I can see this team needs a complete rebuild. So I'm thinking top priorty is a defensive coach. This team has spent so much on defense. So I'm thinking put all this young talent with a great coach and a couple of new pieces. Get the D rocking and then at some point try and get that QB. I think a top defensive mind using this draft and free agency potential could shore up this defense in good time. This defense was supposed to dominate this season!

#15 brookszd

brookszd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

TravelerVic, one of the best, most accurate comments I've seen on this board.

#16 PhelanJo

PhelanJo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Why is Billick an a**, Did you forget he was the OC when Randall C. had his best year as a pro QB. 15-1 in 1998. Chip Kelly is not the answer.

#17 PhelanJo

PhelanJo

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I agree Howie R has been a cancer since he joined the Eagles in 2009.

#18 EAGLESinc

EAGLESinc

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Fan Since:1976

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Turnovers !...Ball security !!!......thats what KILLED this season and last season !....not injuries....we need to flip the turn over ratio in our favor.....LIKE WE USE TO DO !!!!.....E..A..G..L..E..S........EAGLES !!!!!!!!

#19 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Darksnake....I like that Mike Mccoy builds an O around his players he didn't try and force Tebow to play in the same O that he had Orton play in(which Orton had success). He also helped Jake Delhomme look decent his last good yr was 08 the last yr Mccoy coached with the panthers
And they have said that Mccoy was a big factor in Peyton Manning wanted to come to Denver.

Dirk Koetter my issues is that he took over a high powered Falcons O of course it looks amazing were was that success with the Jags??? The only real good season he had with the Jags as OC was his first yr there 07 he was 6th in scoring after that the team O struggled.

#20 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

I also like Rick Dennison(Texans OC) he has taken that texans O to a new level since he arrived in 2010 and he knows how to play with balance I believe the texans pass to run ratio is like 51%-pass 49%-run. Dennison also works with 2stud RBs Arian foster/Ben Tate and had both guys playing amazing football and with are talent at RB I think he would get the best from them as well

#21 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,629 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I have Week17 STD's from the following: PPW...IHOP...Woody...Shack...Old Bill....Darksnake...D25...93. Cutoff for submission is noon EST tomorrow. Final week...baby.

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Good teams overcome injuries just look at the 2010 packers as prime examples that team was plague with injuries from top to bottom and they still found ways to win and become SB champs. This Eagles team is just not good simple as that and turnovers have plagued us for yrs now mainly in the last 2seasons

#23 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...oaching-changes

That was a lame excuse for Vick to use blaming the coaching change at OL for his lack of success

#24 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Spadaro is wearing his "denial" sunglasses again. Obviously the Peters injury and subsequent injuries hurt the team. HELLO?!?!? Don't think anyone disagrees with that. The OL personnel simply do not effect the D play--which suffered from letdowns and gutless,heartless & brainless play. The OL package doesn't tell Vick NOT to throw a pass out of bounds, nor does it tell him to force a pass, nor does it tell him to run and take a hard sack.

The OL personnel don't tell AR to hire a convicted felon and struggling to stay straight-druggie as an assistant strength coach, nor do they cause him to bring a hoard of steroids to training camp or overdose on heroin while at camp!

#25 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

>>BG93: I think Vick makes a very interesting point with his comments about the OL changes between Mudd and Castillo. Vick evidently was less comfortable with Mudd's system and he didn't like the additional responsibilities of making identifications/calls--which Jamaal Jackson did for him in 2010. It could VERY WELL BE that Mudd's impact would have been "perfect" for player with Peyton Manning grasp of an offensive system...I read Vick's comments as he struggled with the change.

Again, the shows me that AR and MM are complete detached from reality--and refuse to adapt to the strengths /weaknesses of their players. If Vick couldn't handle it--and it was causing problems--a wise and adaptable HC might have figured out a compromise.

I don't think Vick is throwing Mudd under a bus--as much as admitting his limitations as a player.

#26 jaypressley

jaypressley

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Peters loss was great but it all goes back to the coaching decisions. Reid made one horrible decision after another. From the highering of Quan after deciding on a scheme defensively. Ignoring everyone who questioned this decision. Then firing him. Highering Wash who was found to be a cancer to eventually firing him. Bringing back Dunlap and not addressing the left tackle position in the draft the past two years. Dunlap was a desperation move because he was out the door. To bringing in Bell who may be the worst player in the NFL. Who evaluated that player. To never addressing the safety position at all. To continuing to drop back our QB's 40 times a game when they can't pass protect. Just a horrible coaching job by this entire staff starting with Reid. We have no players in the pro bowl and we shouldn't because of how bad this team has become.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Jay....Are team is bad not going to disagree with that but I do believe we had a pro bowl worthy player on this team this season in Evan Mathis he as been great all yr but it is hard to judge him when the rest of the OL plays so poorly. I know Mathis was better then Chris Snee of the giants . Pro Football Focus has Evan Mathis as the best G in football

#28 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,629 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Black Monday...New Year's Eve...9 HC's could be fired.

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

9 coaches could be fired wow it's going to be an all out war to hire new HC's this offseason

#30 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,629 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

9 coaches could be fired wow it's going to be an all out war to hire new HC's this offseason

Black Monday...bloody Monday...it will be fast and furious...

93...Raiders win and we lose...we pick 3rd in the draft.