Photo

[News] News, Notes, And This And That

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,773 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Michael Vick has the start at quarterback, LeSean McCoy is the running back and the Eagles offense looks to finish the 2012 season on a positive note Sunday against the Giants ...

View the full article

#2 applestillskins

applestillskins

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Fan Since:The Sack!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Mike Vick won't take a pay cut to stay with the Eagles...... Ha! He is out of his rocker if he thinks he is worth his salary!

#3 purephillyfan

purephillyfan

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1953

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

We already know about Vick and Foles, let's give Edwards a shot at the Giants to see if he is worth keeping next year. Might be our best option.

#4 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

3D's Week17 STD. Giants 24...Eagles 14. We get the 3rd pick in the draft.

#5 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

If MM didn't rely on the running game with a rookie backup QB coming in vs the cowboys or a rookie QB playing in his first start vs the Skins I find it very hard to believe that he will rely on the running game this week vs the giants with a vetern QB like MV

#6 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Fan Since:2005?

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hey BG i just heard that Chris Ault (Nevada Head Coach) is leaving Nevada, and is hoping to get into the NFL.... what do you think about him being our Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator??

#7 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

101...i never saw your Week17 STD. Did you submit it? You are knocking on the door for a playoff spot.

#8 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Also the start of the season comes to mind MV didn't play all preseason so what does MM do he dials up a 50plus pass gameplan instead of leaning on the run game and letting Vick get used to the speed of the game again.....Well I guess it is possible MM learned from these mistakes and he doesn't throw everything on the QB this week

#9 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

thaphenom....Him having no exp. at the NFL level is a concern for me atleast with him being HC and I don't know how much success the pistol O would have in the NFL using it full time so that is also a slight conern.

#10 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well, you can cross Sean Payton off your HC list. Not that I thought he would come here...anyway.

MV won't restructure deal...oh well...looks like we save $17 mil against the cap.

#11 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

ya i didnt really know much about Chris Ault but it was just a thought lol

#12 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

no question that the combination of Maclin and DeSean Jackson is good enough to fuel this offense??? Am I the only one that feels like we are playing with two #2 WRs on this team with Djax/Maclin and that we need to get a true #1 WR to pair with them. I have said it for last couple of weeks that are WR's look better without Djax in the lineup could that be because of Foles playing QB i don't know

#13 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Dave...you had to bring up '68. We screwed up that year by winning 2 of our last 3...after starting out 0 and 11. It cost us the 'Juice' in the draft. We took the RB Leroy Keyes out of Purdue who was so bad we converted him to DB...and to make matters worse the next pick was 'Mean Joe' Greene taken by the Steelers and the beginning of their dynasty...mercy.

#14 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

93...if we win tomorrow...there is a possibility of dropping to the 9th spot in the draft.

#15 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

BG check out my mock offseason i did, tell me what ya think about it

http://boards.philad...son-mock-draft/

you can look at other peoples mock drafts from there too

#16 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

3D....I'd rather keep are 4th overall pick atleast then we could trade back and collect more picks that way and still land a decent player like Manti Te'o or Milliner if that is what we want to do.....

Bills are looking to have the 6th pick you think they would trade up 2-3spots to try and land a franchise QB with us that could be an ideal trade down for us if they do collect the 6th overall pick and maybe a extra 2nd and some later round pick

#17 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

BG check out my mock offseason i did, tell me what ya think about it

http://boards.philad...son-mock-draft/

you can look at other peoples mock drafts from there tooNot

Not a bad macher...i don't move JP to RT...but i like that Rogers WR.

#18 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

3D....I'd rather keep are 4th overall pick atleast then we could trade back and collect more picks that way and still land a decent player like Manti Te'o or Milliner if that is what we want to do.....

Bills are looking to have the 6th pick you think they would trade up 2-3spots to try and land a franchise QB with us that could be an ideal trade down for us if they do collect the 6th overall pick and maybe a extra 2nd and some later round pick

if we lose tomorrow and Oakland wins...we have the 3rd pick.

#19 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

93...i would not be surprised if all of the top QB's fall in the first round. Barkley looking like Matt Leinert. I would not touch any of them...in the top 10 spots.

#20 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

This start for Vick against the Gmen is a sop from AR to give Vick a showcase for 2013. If MM gives the ball to Shady 20 time and Bryce 10-12 times.... Is that a showcase? Thinking MM will again defy commonsense and throw it 50 times...Vick will do his best Drew Brees impression which hasn't been very good in 2011 or 2012.

Love Spuds optimism. MM won't gameplan it.

#21 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

3D ya i wasnt sure about moving JP to RT but i just figured every ones preaching for us to get Joeckel so why not pick up Long... he's still young and atleast he's proven already

#22 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Bowe concerns me with injuries and incosistent play(could be from his lack of QB) Also if we draft Justin hunter and Da'rick Rodger don't see a need for Bowe. just pair Hunter with Maclin throw Rodgers in the slot yr one(if Avant isn't around) Damaris/Cooper backups.
Jake Long I believe cost to much and I wouldn't move JP from LT he is hands down the best LT in football and unless his injuries cahnge him which i doubt he will return to being the best. Maybe look into Branden Albert(KC T) or Andy Levitre(Bills G) and if they don't work out Andre Smith(Cincy T) could make a decent option at RT.
Also I'd like to see us draft Joseph Fauria(UCLA TE) would might be able to land him in the 7th round though if not i'd grab him in the 5th if need be he would add another dimenision to are TE position and help out in the RZ

Overall great mock just a few things that I'd change for my personal liking :) lol

#23 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

This start for Vick against the Gmen is a sop from AR to give Vick a showcase for 2013. If MM gives the ball to Shady 20 time and Bryce 10-12 times.... Is that a showcase? Thinking MM will again defy commonsense and throw it 50 times...Vick will do his best Drew Brees impression which hasn't been very good in 2011 or 2012.

Love Spuds optimism. MM won't gameplan it.

Woody...don't expect any logic from the clowns running our show. MV won't restructure...Lurie should order him to sit...might cost us $3 mil if injured.

3D ya i wasnt sure about moving JP to RT but i just figured every ones preaching for us to get Joeckel so why not pick up Long... he's still young and atleast he's proven already

I like the Long...FA...you got a very good macher.

#24 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

thaphenom....I also want to add a big run stuffer DT I guy like Terrance Knighton(Jags DT) could provide that in FA if we don't draft a guy. I love Cox/Thorton/Jenkins but none of them are really great run stuffers

#25 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

BG
id love to get Fauria... i was on that a while ago, but i just couldnt find room to fit him in for us... he's supposed to go around the 4th and id much rather get Rogers WR there or in the 3rd possibly. And i know that Bowe would be unnecessary if we got Hunter and Rogers but i thought if we brought him in itd give those guys some time to get accustomed to the NFL before they became the big time receivers we want

BG
im not really knowledgeable on all the big DTs in the FA so i just avoided that... but i have heard Knightons name a few times so maybe we could get him

#26 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

BG...I saw your boy Fauria in their recent bowl game...big TE...nice hands...good in the RZ.

#27 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

You have seen Fauria listed as high as the 4th round everything I have seen on him still have him projected way later in like rounds 5 through 7.... Rodgers will be gone by the 3rd round though hands down only knock on him is the fact he got in trouble during school hence why he transfered from tennesse to tennessee tech

#28 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,656 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

You have seen Fauria listed as high as the 4th round everything I have seen on him still have him projected way later in like rounds 5 through 7.... Rodgers will be gone by the 3rd round though hands down only knock on him is the fact he got in trouble during school hence why he transfered from tennesse to tennessee tech

did you see the veritcal leaping ability of Rogers?

#29 BleedingGreen93

BleedingGreen93

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 10,235 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

3D...the only concern I have on fauria is his blocking he seems to be incosistent with it sometimes he has nice blocks other times he completely whiffs or gets knocked on his a**.....Coaching can correct that though and at his size he should be a good blocking TE as well as a good recieving mismatch

3D....I meant Rodgers would go no later then the 3rd round he could go higher no doubt wouldn't surprise me at all if he becomes a 1st round WR he has the talent

#30 ThaPhenom

ThaPhenom

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

ya i wouldnt mind taking Rogers in the 3rd if we had to, ive seen him listed as 3-4th rounder and for Fauria i saw him listed as 4th, and have seen him mocked to teams in the 3rd many times