Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EagleJoe8

Week 17 Open Discussion.

246 posts in this topic

Final week of the regular season. All 6 AFC playoff teams are decided. Only thing left is to determine final seeding. Houston is in position to wrap up the #1 seed, but they can also fall all the way down to the #3 seed with a loss in Indy. With Denver playing at home against KC, and New England home against Miami, Houston can't afford a loss with both teams in position to pass them by for both of the byes in the Wild Card round.

4 of 6 NFC playoff teams are decided. Atlanta and Green Bay have won their respective divisions. Seattle and San Fran are in the playoffs, with the NFCW winner yet to be decided. Same with the NFCE with Dallas and Washington playing to determine the division winner. One final Wild Card slot will be fought over between NY, Chicago, Minnesota, and possibly even Washington, who can actually get the final WC slot even with a loss. Of course, by the time they play, they will know whether that's possible or not.

Should be a fun final week of the regular season.

If AP gets the record and the Vikings win @ home in the dome (that rhymed lol) to make the playoffs...then i am calling he wins MVP over Peyton

Week 17, the most exciting day on the calendar in terms of the regular season. It's the only day of the regular season where every game is played on the same day and where the playoffs are ultimately decided. The drama that goes into Week 17 can't be matched.

Week 17, the most exciting day on the calendar in terms of the regular season. It's the only day of the regular season where every game is played on the same day and where the playoffs are ultimately decided. The drama that goes into Week 17 can't be matched.

which would be great if we were in the thick of it, but since we aren't, it really doesn't matter. Sure, I'll watch. I love the playoffs, but it's not the same.

This Week 17 doesn't have much drama compared to recent years.

The AFC is locked up except for the 1st round byes.

Washington-Dallas & Minnesota-Green Bay are the premier matchups. Maybe Indy-Houston too, but other than that, pretty boring.

Pardon my French people but what a Fing day for football! Dallas and DC for all the marbles. Michael Vick back with a vengeance. Oh hell yeah.

If AP gets the record and the Vikings win @ home in the dome (that rhymed lol) to make the playoffs...then i am calling he wins MVP over Peyton

Couple of other records on the line as well, single season sacks and Da' Bears D has a chance to set the TD scored.

Couple of other records on the line as well, single season sacks and Da' Bears D has a chance to set the TD scored.

While he already has the receiving record, Megatron can be the first to break into the 2000 yard receiving club.

Go Raiders.

Looks like eagles and giants will be at home during the playoffs.

I have switched to the indy/hou game since that has realistic playoff implications.

texans are overrated...

They really are. Been saying it for a while now. Offense is way too inconsistent, and they haven't shown up overall in a big game yet

Go Lions!! I just wish they didn't suck.

why would you want the lions win. If I remember correctly if bears/vikings lose AND redskins beat the cowboys they are in.

why would you want the lions win. If I remember correctly if bears/vikings lose AND redskins beat the cowboys they are in.

The Skins are in with a win regardless. If the Bears and the Vikings lose, the Skins can get in even with a loss.

Wild card insurance in case the skins lose tonight.