Photo
- - - - -

Eagles-Giants: What the (cough) experts say

csnphilly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 herbicide

herbicide

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,291 posts
  • Team:Eagles
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Article's URL

Eagles-Giants: What the (cough) experts say

December 30, 2012, 6:00 am

Posted Image

The Eagles fell to the Redskins in what very likely was Andy Reid's final home game as coach of the Eagles (see Week 16 predictions).

With Nick Foles suffering a broken hand in the loss, Michael Vick gets the starting nod in what could be his final game with the Birds as the Eagles visit the Giants.

Here are the season finale predictions:

Geoff Mosher
The last time Mike Vick and Shady McCoy were on the field against the Giants, the Eagles were actually a winning team and atop the NFC East. Amazing how much has changed since.

Giants 23, Eagles 14

Ray Didinger
The Giants know their chances of making the playoffs are almost nil so I don’t expect a big adrenaline surge in this game. They just look like a dead football team that can’t wait for the season to end. The Eagles, for some strange reason, have the Giants' number and I think it continues this week.

Call me a sentimental sap but I expect the Eagles to give a big effort to win this game for Andy Reid. It won’t be pretty but I think they will get it done.

Eagles 21, Giants 17

Reuben Frank
Andy Reid has 140 wins as a head coach, 20th-most in NFL history. He has 101 losses as a head coach, 21st-most in NFL history. He has one tie, tied for the 119th-most in NFL history. On Sunday, he will coach his final game on the Eagles sideline. He will lose it. And then he won't be the Eagles' coach anymore.

Giants 19, Eagles 12

Derrick Gunn
We’ve finally reached the end of the road of a long, disastrous season. The Giants, who have given up 67 points in their last two games, still have an outside shot at the playoffs. All the Eagles are playing for is pride.

Since the Eagles and Giants last met in September, names like Todd Herremans, Clay Harbor and DeSean Jackson have been put on IR, but Michael Vick and LeSean McCoy are ready to go.

The Eagles have owned the Giants in recent years, winning eight of the last nine meetings, and since it’s the last game of the year, I'm going to step out of the safe zone. I look for Vick to go out in a blaze of glory (if this is his last game as an Eagle). I expect McCoy to get his yards on the ground to keep the pressure off Vick.

I'm riding with Vick and the Eagles' posse this Sunday.

Eagles 27, Giants 21

John Gonzalez
This is the final, merciful end to a painful season. If you're reading this, you're either a hardcore Eagles fan or you have some odd football fetish that involves watching brutal on-field floggings each week. Or possibly both. Either way, seek counseling.

Giants 24, Eagles 17

Andy Schwartz
After dropping 52 points on the Saints in Week 14, the Giants have been outscored 67-14 in their last two games.

They still have a chance to make the playoffs, and you'd think that would give them enough motivation to handle the Eagles on Sunday.

But I just have a feeling about this week. Andy Reid and Michael Vick likely are in their last games as Eagles head coach and QB, and the Eagles have won their last five at the Meadowlands.

Call it another miracle if you want, but Reid and Vick finish up as winners.

Eagles 3, Giants 2