* * * * * 1 votes

Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, and Kurt Coleman

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hey Dave, why hasn't these guys been benched? Andy Reid goes ahead and bench Nate Allen, but these guys get special treatment. It's not right at all. Can you honestly say that they played better than Nate Allen?

Thanks Dave

#2 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

All 4 can be replaced....and should be. I expect DRC will stick around though...at least for a while.

#3 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostPoconoDon, on 30 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

All 4 can be replaced....and should be. I expect DRC will stick around though...at least for a while.

He hasn't played well enough to be back with this team. It looks like he gives up big plays. I don't want someone who plays like that.

#4 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

View Postjames1345, on 30 December 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

He hasn't played well enough to be back with this team. It looks like he gives up big plays. I don't want someone who plays like that.

James, nobody wants soft players....the problem is that this Eagles team has about 15 starters that have to go....so maybe a few stick around on a 1 year deal during the transition....if so, I'd expect DRC to be one...not that  I want him, but he may just be here anyway.

#5 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostPoconoDon, on 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

James, nobody wants soft players....the problem is that this Eagles team has about 15 starters that have to go....so maybe a few stick around on a 1 year deal during the transition....if so, I'd expect DRC to be one...not that  I want him, but he may just be here anyway.

Why would any team want a player who doesn't give a 100% effort?

#6 CaliEagle

CaliEagle

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,912 posts
  • Fan Since:1978

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

All 3 of those guys should be gone.  I know it leaves  the cupboard bare at CB.  But, you have to effort guys on the field and DRC and Nnamdi were dogs.  Draft Millner and let Marsh, Hughes and maybe a FA or draft pick compete for the other spot.

#7 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

If they let them all go, I'm fine with that. This team isn't going anywhere without a top shelf QB, so until they have one, they can cut, trade, whoever they want.

#8 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Do you think we should keep Nate Allen and Colt Anderson? I think we should keep them around to compete for both safety positions.

#9 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

James, to me they are both pretty good special teams coverage players....nothing more, but yeah I'd hang onto them for that job, but not as actual competition for starting safety spots. We need much better there.

#10 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostPoconoDon, on 30 December 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

James, to me they are both pretty good special teams coverage players....nothing more, but yeah I'd hang onto them for that job, but not as actual competition for starting safety spots. We need much better there.

I'm not saying that we should hand them the starting job, but we can always bring in a veteran through free agency and draft a safety to compete for both safety positions. If you do that, then they will have a chip on their shoulder to play at a high-level.

#11 KOJO

KOJO

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 16,376 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I watched that putrid game today & the whole time all I could do was imagine a new staff turning on a giant fire hose & clearing out these heaping globs of crap that currently inhabit our roster.

#12 PoconoDon

PoconoDon

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostKOJO, on 30 December 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

I watched that putrid game today & the whole time all I could do was imagine a new staff turning on a giant fire hose & clearing out these heaping globs of crap that currently inhabit our roster.

Also a striking description of the guy that brought them in.....well played!!

#13 russrock1

russrock1

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

In other news..Earl Thomas made the Pro Bowl this year

Posted Image

#14 sacook817

sacook817

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

russrock1...I have to correct you.  Earl Thomas made the Pro Bowl...AGAIN!  :huh:

#15 Runtherock

Runtherock

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 17,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I have no problem keeping Coleman as my 4th safety, Anderson as 5th. Coleman is a tough son of a gun, does give all, and he cares. He's a special teamer. We need three new safties ahead of them who can hit and cover. DRC and Nnamdi are punk losers who need to go.

#16 eaglesfly72

eaglesfly72

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

I never seen a player that did a complete 180 degree as Asomugha. This guy was a complete shutdown CB with the Raiders. Comes here and was totally misused last year. This year, I have never seen a player regress from a former All Pro level to an equivalent of rookie. Fire this Kid N Play looking F-ER.
As far as DRC and Coleman, these guys do not have it upstairs. DRC has all the physical tools but lacks the smarts. Coleman lacks in both departments. We need a thumper safety.

#17 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Surprisingly, DRC is the one I'd keep. Going into this season I saw him as maybe having the most raw talent of any CB in the league not named Revis and certainly the most athletic but he's always been a sloth. This season though he was probably the best we had in the secondary.

I totally fell for the Nnamdi hype when he was first signed. Pisses me off.

#18 eaglesfly72

eaglesfly72

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I admit, I fell for the Asomugha hype. At the time I put him right up there with Revis. I mean his stats were off the charts. I just can't stomach watching this guy falling at a WR's feet again.

#19 Highboy

Highboy

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts
  • Fan Since:Ronda

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Posteaglesfly72, on 01 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I admit, I fell for the Asomugha hype. At the time I put him right up there with Revis. I mean his stats were off the charts. I just can't stomach watching this guy falling at a WR's feet again.

It is remarkable, when he was first signed I saw a stat where it said he only allowed something like 19 total receptions in 5 years or something. Not sure, but they were ridiculous. Now he just looks lost every play.

#20 eaglesfly72

eaglesfly72

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostHighboy, on 01 January 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

It is remarkable, when he was first signed I saw a stat where it said he only allowed something like 19 total receptions in 5 years or something. Not sure, but they were ridiculous. Now he just looks lost every play.

He looks dumbfounded like he should always have safety help. An elite CB doesnt need safety help. In turn, If we had any safeties what so ever, one of them should have been able to blitz if Asomugha / DRC could do their job. Much like JJ defense in its prime.

#21 sacook817

sacook817

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I would love to see a big overhaul in the secondary.  A lot of money has been spent in this secondary for the lack-luster results I have seen this season.  Andy called DRC out once and he had a good game the following week.   Otherwise, sub-par.  I know this goes hand in hand with the pass rush, but still not happy with the unit's play this season.

#22 USGrunt

USGrunt

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Fan Since:1962

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

All our problems are over...they resigned Trevor Lindley...no seriously they did

#23 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

http://msn.foxsports...econdary-011013

#24 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

It only makes sense to bring Asomugha back at a lower number to avoid the cap hit and hope a legit DC can get something out of him.      

DRC can walk, and I'd use the #4 pick on DeMarcus Milliner if Joeckel is already gone.

#25 CT Eagle

CT Eagle

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postmjkvol, on 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

It only makes sense to bring Asomugha back at a lower number to avoid the cap hit and hope a legit DC can get something out of him.   

DRC can walk, and I'd use the #4 pick on DeMarcus Milliner if Joeckel is already gone.

MJ..I know you would love drafting Chance Warmack at #4 after Reid takes Joeckel.

It is early but I haven't seem Milliner projected in the top 10 although he seems to clearly be the top rated CB.

#26 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View Postmjkvol, on 11 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Asomugha has lost a step, and he also isn't a good tackler. It's not a good idea. It would be better for us to sign one veteran and draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd round. http://www.kffl.com/...ption=DB&y=2013

#27 mjkvol

mjkvol

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostCT Eagle, on 11 January 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

MJ..I know you would love drafting Chance Warmack at #4 after Reid takes Joeckel.

It is early but I haven't seem Milliner projected in the top 10 although he seems to clearly be the top rated CB.

Shoot me if we take any lineman but Joeckel.    :roll:

If Reid is true to form, he'll take a guard at #1 to outsmart the rest of the league, but I'd have to believe the Chiefs have some safeguards in place.

Milliner is a beast, and would start from day 1.

#28 james1345

james1345

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=ze3N9nruwlc

#29 bleed_eagle_green

bleed_eagle_green

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostPoconoDon, on 30 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

DRC will bail... they avoided contract talks with him all season... he is done in Philly. They will either go with the younger guys on there team or go to the draft

#30 xonen4

xonen4

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but these guys have only played defense in Philly, under an offensive line coach? A good DC should be able to sort them out!