Photo

[News] Reid Shoulders Blame For Team's Record

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,228 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ -- Head coach Andy Reid walked off the field at MetLife Stadium and headed into the visiting team's locker room where he had a simple message for his players following Sunday's ...

View the full article

#2 Canada_Eagle

Canada_Eagle

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Too bad.

And yes better days are ahead. No need for dogging anyone today.

Next year will be better.

#3 hedge8727

hedge8727

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Fan Since:1961

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Addition by subtraction...

#4 Benzino999

Benzino999

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Fan Since:4eVa

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

All of my best Eagle Memories will always be when Andy was at the helm. He saved us from previous coaching follies of Ray Rhodes, Rich Kotite and the like. He brought a professional attitude and had the pulse of the team for several years. You can never disregard all his accomplshments. He literally owned the NFC East for almost a decade. Buddy Ryan and Andy Reid are two coaches that gave us fans something to cheer about. I sure hope that we get better if we let him go but when you lose a coach like him, I just can't see how other available coaches around the league might be better. I will always wish him well. He will always be a class act and was a very good coach for our beloved Eagles.

#5 ericbkk23

ericbkk23

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Ben ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?. This has been the problem with this program for the last 15 yrs. You are praising Reid when you obviously know NOTHING about him. So here are his stats. In his last 8 seasons, he is barely over 500. In his career, he has a 30% winning percentage against teams that have a winning records. That's right a horrendous 30% !!!!!!!!!! In your dissertation, you compare him to the WORST coaches to ever step foot on the field. Why not compare him to the best if he was so great? The headlines: End of and era. Those headlines should read...... END OF AN ERROR !!!!!!

#6 ABSOLUTE STYLE

ABSOLUTE STYLE

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

BKK, just shut up. You can skew the stats anyway you like. Reid is not as terrible as you and the haters make him out to be. He missed the playoffs 2 years in a row, even if he did go and lose in the NFCCG again you'd still be calling for his head.

#7 JAXEaglesFan

JAXEaglesFan

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Absolute - BKK is right. Reid's teams are mediocre since 2004 and with the exception of the 2008 team (I think) that went to the NFC Championship game (with a 9-6-1 record that year), his teams haven't done anything in the playoffs. Reid's 30 games over .500 record all happened prior to 2005 and since that point in time, he's had mediocre teams. He continually gets out-coached week in and week out by better coaches. His coaching staff is some of the worst in the league with regards to calling plays in game and making adjustments in game. His game/clock management skills are terrible as well. This team is not progressing and with what they have on this team, Reid and his coaching staff can't figure out how to use what they have to maximize potential and get them to play better. Sorry, but some of us are tired of hearing "it's my job to get this thing corrected, I take full responsibility, the problems are fixable, etc, etc, etc" Then fix it already if it's fixable! Time for a change.