Photo

[News] Notebook: Draft, Free Agency And More

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,372 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

With the 2013 offseason offically underway for the Eagles, here's a look at the team's draft picks, free agents and a glimpse of next year's schedule ... 2013 Draft Picks Round Pick 1st Own ...

View the full article

#2 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

If we can have a good draft and get the right free agents. Of course we need a good HC too. That is a much easier schedule. Obviously it has to be. Also they get the number four pick in the first few rounds. Which we have seen help many teams get playmakers. Look at the Colts foe example. Anyway just some draft thoughts. I think in the first round they have to get a O or D lineman. Safety is the most important but I am not sure one is gonna go that early at 4. I like Texas DE A. Okafor, DB LSU E.Reid, LB/S Rutgers K.Green, CB Oregon st J. Proyer, Kentucky OG L.Warford. To name a few. I want to draft a TE as well. Love Zack Ertz from Stanford but sounds like he could go real early and we have bigger needs. So, Mich St Dion Sims or even SD St G. Escobar would be an upgrade. Also I think we could get a QB to compete with Foles in the mid to later rounds. Like Baylors Nick Florence or Syracuse's Ryan Nassib. Love DT Jon Jenkins from Georgia and Ohio st Hankins. Gotta be realistic. Also Jake Matthews from Texas A&M could be a great OT without having to use a first round. We need a round one or two caliber safety this year. Enough little wimpy DB's.

#3 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Think Foles has done good enough to start and Edwards is a viable back up. We still need a young QB that has starting potential. Not saying Florence or Nassib are gonna be starters day one but down the road. We also need anther big body wide out. Either free ageorncy or later round draft a big fast WR. Foles likes to hit the big guys. Thats why Cooper and Celek was his fav targets. Keep Maclin, Cooper and Avant. Screw DJax, Trade him for a draft pick or 2.

#4 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Gotta look at free agents more. I will post some possible free agents in the future. I know Niners Safety Goldson
is physical but they might keep him. But we should have a ton of cap space

#5 BuddGimli

BuddGimli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

I think with the 4th overall pick, unless we can get a huge difference making machine we should trade down and stockpile picks. This team has waaaay too many holes, we need an offensive tackle and tons of help on the defensive side of the ball. Personally I think this team has relied on free-agents too much as of late. It eventually led to our downfall. Players no longer loyal to Reid, more interested in a paycheck. Need to build through the draft, don't be like the Skins used to be. Can't buy a championship. Oh and send Howie packing

#6 chairmansb

chairmansb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

That schedule is wrong. Oakland game will be at home. We played IN oakland in '09

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

I agree with you Budd 100%. We have a couple guys that could get us more picks. DJax could get us a couple by himself. Their are some talented guys in this draft especially on the D side of the ball. AR started getting rid of guys to fast. Look at Baltimore or Chicago they have guys that have lasted forever and played well for many years. We were way to young. I like Ryans though he was a good pick up. Cannot judge everyone due to poor coaching. D players i believe will be gone. Nnamdi, Jenkins, Matthews, Allen, Coleman, Landri . That is a ridiculous amount of holes to fill. Plus Patterson can't stay healthy either.

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

We need a couple free agents. We need proven leader or 2. Obviously this group of players and coaches were the most undisciplined in the entire AR era. We need a hard nose coach and his name isn't Chip. The coaches didn't kick the team in it;s a holes. Vet players should of stepped in and showed way more heart. We need leaders of men. Ryans brings some of that but we need to bring in a vet or 2. To help get these young guys rolling. We def need 9 or 10 picks. Lets not forget youth has been our undoing at times as well. Look for them to bring a couple heavy hitter free agents in. Maybe a Safety, QB, and especially O lineman. Bell is a bust Dunlup is crap, Watkins sucked and others struggled. If their is a pro bowl linemen available they pounce. Put Herramans back at guard and pray Peters comes back healthy and as dominant. They need a couple more solid OT's that is the truth.

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Peters, Herramans, Kelce and Mathis. Are the only lineman i see here next year.

#10 Bdawk1212

Bdawk1212

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:41 AM

i think the Eagles should draft Te'o and move him to SAM. This would sure up our LB core with Kendricks at Will and Ryans in the middle. Unless they think Peters injury is too serious then draft Joeckel. Also i wouldnt be upset at trading down a few spots to get extra picks and taking CB Milliner from Bama. Our CBs have played terrible this year

#11 Philadelfan

Philadelfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

The Eagles need to get a guard, to pray that Peters will be as good as before his injury, and the most important, get rid of Asomugha and take a new CB.

#12 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,118 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I thought JMAC's contract was up too.

#13 jameex

jameex

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

J-macs rookie contract lasts through 2014 DDD..

#14 carjack

carjack

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Fan Since:1960

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Where is HOWIE'S name in this MESS. Why is his a#% still here. QUEEN DUNLAP. AR, MV, MM, NA
nad the LACK OF ANY SPECIAL TEAMS PLAY.........ALL SHOULD BE BLOWN OUT,,,

#15 camasbud

camasbud

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

People want Howie to go, won't happen. He did what he was suppose to, 20 million under the cap, needed that money to pay for the divorce, and weak sales in merchandise.

#16 DKC2003

DKC2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

My opinion... Maclin and Jackson are overated and both need to be replaced. Maclin has no heart, I've seen him several times whiff at a ball when he saw a defender ready to pop him. Jackson is not the burner he once was I guess... when's the last time he beat someone deep. All four of our starting DB's suck - just plain suck. I personally don't think Ryans is very good either - he just happens to be the best LB we've got - the other LBs we've got suck.

#17 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I only see one of these guys on the list coming back. Maybe two but I don't really believe anymore than that. I also believe that some other players are going to be gotten rid of due to salaries plus you have to get rid of the losing mentality. Keep a core group of youngsters and bring in some players during free agency that have a winning mentality.

#18 bscheck33

bscheck33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

DKC2003 what the hell are you talking about saying Maclin has no heart. Ive seen countless times him catching balls over the middle and getting completely blasted and holding on to make the catch and bounce right back up. Hes our best all around reciever by far. Deseans a great deep threat but he is limited as hes too small to go through the middle, maclin has desean type speed but is thick enough to go over the middle. Your crazy if you think maclin needs to go along with jackson, who the hell would start

#19 dave1974

dave1974

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

This team has to get more stout against the run, we have to play against Alfred Morris, Demarco Murray, Ahmad Bradshaw and David Wilson six times a year. We have to make those teams one-dimensional. I would draft Star Lotulelei because DT's that are game changers are rare, we can get a good SAM LB in the latter rounds or free agency. In the NFL, games are won and lost in the trenches and if our front seven can push teams around and stop teams from running the ball down our throats we'll be more competitive going forward. I hope we get a coach who focuses on current production rather than past production. I think that was one of Reid's problems he kept playing players who had a history with other teams and never gave the draftees a real chance to develop. It was obvious to that the 2012 draft was a lot different than Reid's previous drafts and now Mr Lurie revealed that it was Howie Roseman who orchestrated the draft, if he can continue drafting in the manner that he did in 2012 we will be back to prominence sooner rather than later.

#20 chuckieD

chuckieD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

first person we should draft,if he is available should be manti teo from notre dame,draft should focus on defense and special teams,bring in a free agent qb that will keep a fire lit under nick foles so that he doesn't get complacent,everybody on defense should have to earn there spot back next year!!!!!!!

#21 chuckieD

chuckieD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

the birds need safety help bad,kurt coleman is a joke,colt anderson is a special teams player and someone should remind asomugha that hes not in oakland any more and his performance this past season is not accepted in philly land and also lets bring in a real D-coordinator for the defense,someone like lovie smith perhaps,not a position coach,this is the NFL not high school football!!!!!!

#22 yearsofbelief

yearsofbelief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Fan Since:1975

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

i just want to say that i am finaly glade that the Bad season of the Philadelphia Eagles is over no more pain from Andy Reid and so-call Pro football team with - Also QB Mike Vick who i hope we can trade for because of his no-pro play.We need a new Pro Coach that know how to score from any where on the field. And can bring back the Old Fearsome front line.We once had when DE- Reggie White was living and company like DT Jerome Brown was alive.Every NFL Team did not want to play us. Now that Mr. Luie will get us a top Coach first year we need to go all the way a get that SUPERBOWL trophie right away. And that and only that will take the pain away that the PHILADELPHIA EAGLES NATION FEELS.

#23 mrobaer

mrobaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

It seems Andy Reid may be returning to Philly sooner than we expected! Oh I'm looking forward to the Chiefs (coached by Big Red) coming to the Linc!

#24 whhoward04

whhoward04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Ok everyone is talking about DEF, if we actually get a good DC we might be ok, we need to better corners DCR and Asoumga are both jokes.. Boykin can step up and play the corner he proved himself all year.. But what we really need is a Offesnisve Line to protect our QB. I really hope they do not bring Dunlap back, my 13 year old son can block better than he can.. I hate to say it to Lovie Smith but get his a$$ to Phily as our DC I know he wants a HC job but he can do some deffensive plays.. He wont be a JJ but who will. Vick needs to go he might work well under Kelly, but he is to darn injury prone. Forget the lying kid from ND as well, we dont need that on our team. We need an O line and corners a DC and a new Off cordinator, get all of the reid era coaches away....

#25 2timeouts

2timeouts

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Camasbud go to this site www.eaglescap.com for info on the Eagles Cap.

#26 bckarpman

bckarpman

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Its pretty pathetic with all the Eagles weaknesses that we have idiots picking on tough , hard, talented players like Maclin of all people WTF. We have enough to complain about so don't even start with our best players ,Hats off to Jeremy for being the toughest eagle on the team.The Eagles Nation will not tolerate such stupidness DKC !!!