Photo

[News] Roseman: Team Needs Better Chemistry

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,473 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

As the Eagles cleaned out their lockers and prepared for an offseason that will be much different than any in Philadelphia in recent years, general manager Howie Roseman wanted answers. He wanted t...

View the full article

#2 DDD1952

DDD1952

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 19,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1958

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

And tough guys...enough with the pretty boys.

#3 eaglebernie

eaglebernie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Fan Since:1949

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

A lot of players did not play 100% because they felt Andy reid was losing his job! Therefore they cared too much about them selves instead of being a team player.

#4 Space Ace

Space Ace

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Fan Since:FOR LIFE

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

3D you're right we want tough guys in this team. Finesse won't win games anymore. Bring in guys like BDAWK, TROT, ETC.

#5 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Trade/release Jackson, Nnamdi, Coleman,Allen and we will be moving towards a better direction. That and after x amount of fumbles/interceptions release people. No point dealing with that bs anymore, show the other players you mean business.

#6 kdawgg60

kdawgg60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Our GM is Howie Roseman. We'll never win.

#7 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Fan Since:1977

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Howie is the man, You don't know ****

#8 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

He only had one draft of his own, even that was influenced by AR and his garbage schemes. Still he got Foles, Kendricks, Cox, Brown. He is always on the phone working deals. Any coach would love to have this guy as their GM. People who know football recognize him as one of the bright young GM's in the NFL.

If they cared about themselves? they would of played harder. They do get paid based on performance.

#9 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Joe Banner was crap. They just got beat physically all year. AR based everything on scheme, which left them undersized in way too many spots. One tall TE, short wide outs. Got a little bigger on D but still need some beasts at Safety, DT and every other position on the D. The O needs some size and strength to score points. AR could never figure that one out. Big targets equal big scores. Meathead

#10 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • 13,335 posts
  • Fan Since:1952

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:29 AM

Big doesn't always mean tough. Look at Andrews. He was big but he was a wuss. I want guys with attitude like Dawk had. Look at Colt Anderson, he isn't big. But he has that Dawkins mentality. You come near me and I'm going to knock your block off.Thats the kind of defensive players that JJ liked and always asked for. You need that same mentality on the O line, special teams. You try to touch our QB and your going to get your butt kicked!

#11 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

forevereagles I agree big doesnt mean tough, but I have to argue for Andrews. He wasnt a wuss, he was injured...big difference. He was good his first few seasons! Saying all that, we need to find big and tough. Just being tough on the line isnt going to cut it. A 6"3"'-6"5"...330--350lbs is what I want! Also, is Mike Wallace on anyones radar...grab him and release the skinny guy who wont go over the middle or jump up and go get the ball cause he is afraid to get hit!

#12 Tommy J

Tommy J

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Could you sign me to a 1-day contract? Then I'll fire Marty and retire.

#13 jwood5151

jwood5151

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1957

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

>>EaglesNY1: Interesting posts. Agreement with your comments about Eagles being small and generally soft..rare to seen an Eagles wideout out muscle a DB for a ball.

AR did pioneer the elephant OL with Castillo,but abandoned it with Mudd. Offense was all about "innovation" with Mornhinweg replacing Childress...and scheme replaced execution. Chilly O was successful based as much on versatility of Brian Westbrook as McNabb's play at QB. With MM, the offense became almost always a pass-fest..and even McCoy was overlooked.

When JJ died, AR began to "innovate" with the defense. Sean McDermott invented linebacker roulette..and his guys started to play soft...following Asante and Eagles ditched Dawkins and Sheldon Brown..and couldn't find a linebacker or a safety.

The PLAY EXECUTION which was a hallmark of JJ and Chilly units had disappeared. AR rarely disciplined his assistants--Mornhinweg looks to have hard carte blanche--while AR called plays for Chilly--go figure that one!!

Signing Vick was a surprise to most of us,but hit a BIG SWEET SPOT for the Owner who admits that INNOVATION floats his boat. And, what could be more innovative than appointing Castillo as a DC? That's way way way outside the box....Lurie had to be twittering with glee on that bold move.

SERIOUSLY-EAGLES NEED HARD NOSED, TOUGH, PHYSICAL, WELL EXECUTED FOOTBALL. And we heard what from Jeff Lurie...?? We heard that he has 2 accountants searching for the next innovative HC...

I love your optimism, EagleNY1..and know it take a big pair to be an Eagles fan in NY.

I hope you are right!!

#14 gijane1ea

gijane1ea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

I so agree with this post. There were a lot of payers on this team whose heart just wasn't in being an Eagle! Jackson calling football his hobby and rapping his passion for one. What a waste of money! He got to go! Coleman, Namdi, and the majority of the defense played like they were afraid to tackle for fear of getting themselves hurt. As far as the beat up offensive line goes...well, we need players who can stay healthy and protect our QB's. the majority of the Eagles players displayed a "prima-Donna" type attitude and are just to soft. I blamed that on the coaches because they were to soft on the players and act like they were scared to tell them to do their job! The players needed a Ray Lewis or Brian Dawkins type leadership in that locker room and they just didn't have it! The entire team is undisciplined and need a coach who will not be afraid to "light a fire" under the players and create not only a disciplined team, but a team that will become as "one". There was just to many "I's" in this team!

#15 phillykeene

phillykeene

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I haven't commented much on this cluster**** of a season. Recently took the time to rewatch the last 2 seasons of eagles football. Three words summed up the last 2 dismall years of AR era. "Undisciplined, soft, and heartless" football. This team identity started to decline 4 seasons ago with the departure of DAWK. No leaders on this team. Lurie needs to find a DEFENSIVE minded coach this go around. Get back to old school eagles football. Instead of this trackmeet, finesse style of play AR relied on. I think AR is a fine coach and wish him the best of luck. However, I want to get back to the days where we had punishing defenses that were once the hallmark and identity of this franchise.

#16 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

It is hard to be an Eagles fan anywhere, lol. One thing i can say about Giants fans is most of them are not as obnoxious as Dallas fans. I have been a fan since a was a little kid. I am 35 now. I liked the Eagles cause they played hard and always had a tough D. Even years when the O was crap, the D held their end up. I think their is way too many great OC candidates out their, too waste the HC spot on one. I want a D minded coach as well. I want to get back to those days too. D leading the NFL in sacks and pounding away with the run and big TE's and O line. Even on O, if you notice all the pro bowl players this year at WR or TE are beasts. Excluding Wes Welker. We seen it our self this year. Foles fav targets were Celek and Cooper. Still want Maclin and Avant around. Just don't think we need DJax and D.Johnson. Plus only one big TE? If we can address the needs on the lines and secondary through trade or free agency. Maybe we can draft Zack Ertz from Stanford. Ertz and Celek would be a sick combo. Also get FA DT H.Melton from Chicago and Safety FA Goldson from SF.

#17 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

They don't seem to want to let us comment on the newer articles. We should at least be able to talk some smack. After the last couple of years we have had to endure. I still think Jon or Jay Gruden have the best shot. Please don't hire Chip Kelly. Stanfords coach, Shaw totally out coached him. I would rather see him. I want an NFL coach. We have waited too long for a ring. No time, to hope a flashy College coach from laid back Oregon, can come to hostile Philly and get this team in gear. What about the other Kelly? The one coaching the Irish to a national championship.

#18 EAGLESNY1

EAGLESNY1

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Glad to see true fans think alike. Scrap the flash and pound and bash.