[News] Eagles To Interview Falcons Coaches

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

The Eagles have confirmed reports that they have requested interviews and will interview a trio of Atlanta Falcons assistant coaches for the team's head coaching vacancy. Falcons offensive coordina...

View the full article

#2 CouldCareLess

CouldCareLess

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Lol these guys are all a downgrade.

#3 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

This isnt who they really want.. Just sumthing to put  out there for us to talk about

#4 forevereagles

forevereagles

EMB Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,781 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

Jesus, don't jump to conclusions that these are their choices. They are doing their due diligence, leaving no stone unturned.They are also on the bye so they can be interviewed. Maybe the special teams guy will end up being hired to replace April, though I like April, and hope the new HC keeps him.

I don't think its going to be as easy a task of finding Andy's replacement as some may think. Not that I don't believe that the Eagles organizationis isn't an attractive organization to want to work for. But not everyone can deal with the rude oftimes arrogant and insulting fans base toward the coahes and players that this fan base is noted for.

#5 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

I dont think a college coach is a good idea being i heard mentions of chip kelly and some other dude. the nfl is a different play call than college. we shouldnt have a coach who needs to adjust as well

#6 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Just thought id mention that all those ppl who hated mcnabb for really no real reason other than not winning the super bowl, start to realize making the playoffs isnt easy...hmmm mcnabb got us there 8 out of his 11 years. He got us deep with 1 weapon in the holster and that was westbrook. Remember owens broke his leg and mcnabb as always carried the team  on his back. Mcnabb was a top 5 qb with no receivers. Ppl say he wasnt great cause he didnt win,a super bowl...really? Guess marino wasnt great either. The numbers dont lie.   Well thank u mcnabb and andy for giving us more in that era than we deserved.  This team was loaded with talent and we got no where.   I would almost gaurantee if the team stuck with mcnabb 1 more year we would have stayed in contention. Ah well.  I  just hope foles and the next coach can be as successful.

#7 skibumrx

skibumrx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

If they are going to go after a college coach I'd rather them go after Doug Marrone from Syracuse.  I know they haven't been to a big bowl game and just won the Big East Championship (shared), which is pretty much a toilet conference, but the guy can coach.  He turned a bunch of 2 star prospects into a fairly good offense.  Nassib is a projected second or third rounder and they have a handful of those other two star prospects that are going to the NFL.  He also did a great job with Chandler Jones before he was drafted by the Patriots and is probably going to be the defensive rookie of the year.  He was the offensive coordinator and line coach for the Saints when they got Brees and has been praised by Payton many times in the media.  He coaches accountability and teamwork.  All things the Eagles need very much right now.  Chip Kelly is a great offensive coach, but we don't know how great that will work in the NFL and he's never had great defenses in college.  I believe his best linebacker was Casey Matthews and he rides the pine now for us.  Just saying, if you are going to dip into the college circles you should at least go after someone with proven NFL offensive or defensive experience.

#8 dub sel

dub sel

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Everyone compared to reid or jj is a downgrade...but it has,to be somebody intil they prove other wise

Just better get sumone quick because the draft will be here b4 u kno it

#9 phillyphantom22

phillyphantom22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Lovie Smith?.....anyone?

#10 1wrangler

1wrangler

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Fan Since:1965

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Getting the guys they can interview now in the door. Some of the others they have to wait for. I won't be surprised at all if Andy Reid interviews in Dallas. Just got a hunch! Dallas was knocked from the playoffs again and I'm sure that won't sit well with Jones.

phillyphantom22 - I would love to see him as our defensive coordinator. Slim chance of that happening. He is already scheduled to interview for head coaching jobs in 4 locations.

#11 rabram17

rabram17

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

BRUCE ARIANS......PLEASE!

#12 RAWSKI45

RAWSKI45

Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts
  • Fan Since:Fertilzed

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

They all stink

#13 zracer

zracer

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

get someone young.

#14 mang1ra

mang1ra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Fan Since:1969

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Ya'll wanted Andy fired for a few years now, and now nobody is as good as Andy. Really????

#15 centex

centex

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Fan Since:conception

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Everyone out there will be a downgrade. We are talking about replacing THE winnigest coach in Eagle history. Should have kept him. Right now he is the best available coach on the market. So if the Eagles want the Best Available they need to ......................

#16 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

lots of teams gonna interview these guys...and right now the #1 thing on this trio of coaches minds is winning a SB in Atlanta.  I bet none of these guys will end up getting the job here when it's all said and done.

#17 Birds926

Birds926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Bill Cowher would be the best choice ... Nolan coached before and did Nothing ... Cowher will bring Discipline ... Heart... No Quitting ...

#18 Birds926

Birds926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

All Reid & Morninwheg ran in Philly was a Modern day " Run & Shoot " Small recievers Etc..... It Got old Quick to predictable..... Chip Kelly is a huge mistake if chosen as next Head Coach ... All Gimmicks ... Chip Stay in Oregon

#19 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

centex...really we should have kept him?  The only one to blame over the last 2  seasons was the captain of this failboat.  I'm so sick of the running style, pass the ball 50  times in a game QB crap we were stuck with under this regime.  Time for change should have been after LAST season.

If you can't see through the poor clock management, inconsistent, pass happy, undersized, finesse nonsense we called this Eagle team under Reid, then I guess Andy is your man.

RGIII, Cam, Vick and the rest of this style of QB play needs to be done away with. Solid defense and running the football along with pocket passing wins championships in this league.  

Voluntarily exposing a running QB to all the hits is NOTHING to build a team around.  Just ask Rex Grossman how he actually made it to a SB a few years ago.  It certainly wasn't his ability at the QB postion.

#20 jhop

jhop

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

yeah the skins made the playoffs, but RGIII already had a concussion and a near catastrophic knee injury this season.  The guy can throw, but Collinsworth already alluded to my point about RGIII in the final game.  He referred to Griffin's option play as "Hocus Pocus"  To me that = "smoke and mirrors", and once the rest of the league figures out Shanny's pistol formation/option crap in this copy cat league, he's going down hard.

#21 eaglespheak

eaglespheak

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Fan Since:70s

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

Bill or Jon........its simple,make it happen..quick...........