Photo

[News] Report: Eagles To Interview McCoy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,194 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com reports that the Eagles will interview Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy in its search to fill the team's head coaching vacancy.

View the full article

#2 birdog

birdog

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Fan Since:1972

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Of all the NFL assistants and coordinators, McCoy is the guy that intrigues me. I look forward to seeing if he dazzles in his interview. Seems like he can supply the energy and leadership to retool this team from top to bottom.

#3 bigeaglesfan79

bigeaglesfan79

Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,338 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

If they do hire any coordinator's or assistants from the NFL McCoy is the guy I would like to see here.

#4 Brian_T

Brian_T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'd like to see this guy coach 1 season more with a average QB. Peyton Manning is selling this guy, not his resume. Also the run game carried them last year, but obviously tebow got the credit cuz hes the QB and everyone is on his nuts.

#5 Mike_Hutchinson

Mike_Hutchinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

He's my #1 choice. He helped the Broncos win with Tebow, coached Kyle Orton to a pro bowl level, and made Jake Delhomme look much better than the below average QB he was (at least for a few years). He seems to be able to work with what he has rather than force the issue and instal what he believes the offense should be. I guess it could be different if he were the man in charge... But I'd love to see what he could do with Brown/McCoy/Foles.

#6 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

If he has a great interview and has the vision that lurie has and can hire a top notch Defensive Coordinator to bring him than I would love to see McCoy get the job. He is an offensive mind who has designed offenses that work for any level QB.. from Jake Delhomme to Kyle Orton to Tim Tebow (with Tebow's skill set that task is nothing short of a amazing) to Peyton Manning. I think this guy has proven he can work with Quarterbacks and design offenses to make the QB succesful. That is what this offense needs. I for one am on board with thia hire if it happens.

#7 OldBill1934

OldBill1934

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Fan Since:1948

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Our biggest problem is not the offense! The defense is our most glaring weakness! Look at all the TD passes we gave up this year! When our O line was healthy even that mediocre Vick could rack up the yardage.
We must get back to being a team nobody wants to play! A team that doesn't allow short yardage first downs! A team that can make a goal line stand! In other words, a mean green machine that will kick your a s s when you come to Philly! When teams come to Philly I want them to have to bring bodybags! Go EAGLES!!!!!