Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voodoochile75

Ray Lewis Announces Retirement

134 posts in this topic

im not sad to see him go

That's because you don't love football THAT much...

I grew up in a ravens dominated area. Their love of him pushed me to hate him from an early age. the hate definitely dwindled as I grew older but it never fully left. If he was on any other team not playing in pittsburgh or the NFC East I would have loved him I am sure.

Future HOFer in my eyes. Guy played with alot of heart and physicalness, something that the Eagles do not have much of especially from their LBers.

Some guys would kill to retire....and he has

Some guys would kill to retire....and he has

Some guys would kill to win a Super Bowl, and he did! Wow I like those dumbarse jokes that you can rearrange in any which way you want :-)

M&T Bank Stadium (or whatever they're calling it these days) will be loud as heck when he's intro'd. The Colts need to focus on the task at hand and a quick score wouldn't hurt.

As for Lewis, the Hall of Fame awaits.

We all knew it was going to come sooner or later, we just didn't want to think of it.

17 years - 2050 tackles - 19 forced fumbles - 31 picks - 41.5 Sacks - 13 Pro Bowls - 7 Time All-Pro - 2 Time Defensive P.O.Y - Super Bowl MVP.....Unbelievable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcSBw76_tpk

Here is a blast from the past....

1996 NFL draft

25th pick in the first round: Philadelphia Eagles Jermaine Mayberry T

26th pick in the first round: Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis LB

He wasn't already retired? I thought he just came out and did his silly little dance and then went home.

Here is a blast from the past....

1996 NFL draft

25th pick in the first round: Philadelphia Eagles Jermaine Mayberry T

26th pick in the first round: Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis LB

... <_<

Future HOFer in my eyes. Guy played with alot of heart and physicalness, something that the Eagles do not have much of especially from their LBers.

If Lewis isn't a hall of famer, I don't know if anbody is.

This guy is the definition of a 1st ballot hall of famer.

Being glad to see someone go doesn't mean you don't "love" football. Lewis' shtick has been old for about 10 years, the only drawback to him retiring is now we'll have to put up with his big mouth on NFLN.

Being glad to see someone go doesn't mean you don't "love" football. Lewis' shtick has been old for about 10 years, the only drawback to him retiring is now we'll have to put up with his big mouth on NFLN.

What's his schtick? His pregame entrance routine? Does that really bother you guys that much? He won't be on NFL Network, go listen to his retirement statement...his life now belongs to his kids.

everyone talking ish here would give their left nut to have had lewis playing on the eagles the past 17 years...

What's his schtick? His pregame entrance routine? Does that really bother you guys that much? He won't be on NFL Network, go listen to his retirement statement...his life now belongs to his kids.

Listening to his statement would require listening to him. No thank you.

everyone talking ish here would give their left nut to have had lewis playing on the eagles the past 17 years...

He was a great player, no doubt. First ballot hall of fame, no doubt. Not everyone has to bow down before him though.

Listening to his statement would require listening to him. No thank you.

He was a great player, no doubt. First ballot hall of fame, no doubt. Not everyone has to bow down before him though.

You don't have to watch the video, you can read the statement too. Anyway, I do tend to agree that the drool fest we're about to be put through for Ray Lewis is going to be get a bit tedious, especially if the Ravens go far in the playoffs. I think more people should adopt my approach when it comes to media darlings like Lewis, Favre or Tebow....just ignore it all. Appreciate the athlete, because it's not always their fault everyone connected to the leering press wants to ride their ball sweat soaked jocks.

You don't have to watch the video, you can read the statement too. Anyway, I do tend to agree that the drool fest we're about to be put through for Ray Lewis is going to be get a bit tedious, especially if the Ravens go far in the playoffs. I think more people should adopt my approach when it comes to media darlings like Lewis, Favre or Tebow....just ignore it all. Appreciate the athlete, because it's not always their fault everyone connected to the leering press wants to ride their ball sweat soaked jocks.

Well, I still think he was involved in some way in that murder, so I've always held him in that light first and in the football light second.

Well, I still think he was involved in some way in that murder, so I've always held him in that light first and in the football light second.

Oh, that...

I'd hate to ask what your thoughts are on OJ then ^_^

Oh, that...

I'd hate to ask what your thoughts are on OJ then ^_^

I think his current situation is a railroad job, he's in prison in Vegas for what he did in Brentwood.

I actually watched his entire murder trial though.

I think his current situation is a railroad job, he's in prison in Vegas for what he did in Brentwood.

I actually watched his entire murder trial though.

You actually seem to hold OJ in higher regard than Lewis :lol: