[News] Report: Eagles Interested In O'Brien

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveSpadaro

DaveSpadaro

EMB Legend

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,753 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

According to a report from the Harrisburg Patriot-News, the Eagles are interested in interviewing Penn State head coach Bill O’Brien for the vacant head coaching job.

View the full article

#2 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

This would be an awesome hire. That buyout to PSU is a ridiculous # so I doubt he is coming here.

#3 bckarpman1

bckarpman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Agree, plus wouldn't show much character leaving PS after only one year

#4 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

O'Brien would be a great candidate bringing in NE's style of offense. Amazing what he did at PSU this year on both sides of the ball considering all the kids transferring. He completely transformed McGloin into a polished looking pro in a short time. Would be a lot of fun to see him working on the offensive side of the ball with Foles, Jackson, Maclin, Celek, McCoy, adding another TE etc...

Money isn't an issue if Lurie is convinced O'Brien is the guy. Of course O'Brien would have to be up for the challenge. Would rather see this hire than Chip Kelly.

#5 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Training Camp Body

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

bckarpman1.... Disagree, O'Brien buying out a contract would not be a character issue in any way. He's simply moving on to another opportunity while meeting all the obligations of his current contract by buying it out.

#6 Kmarcelli

Kmarcelli

Backup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Fan Since:1987

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Would be a nice hire and one me personally would be happy with but I don't think it's happening. I think Chip Kelly is going to be the guy here. Not too happy about it but just a feeling with everything that is out there on the love Lurie has for him and that offense. Kelly hates the media and keeps his answers short... looks like it's more years of.... Times Yours..... Can't wait.